User Tag List

Page 30 of 49 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast
Like Tree3103Likes

Thread: Dear 2016: I promise to do better this year! To get healthier! Let the games begin!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    So I just got back from my 12 day post op visit with my surgeon and it's all good. She's still waiting for the complete pathology results from the biopsy so fingers crossed that it will be all clear. She is very happy with the recovery process and the incisions,etc.

So just before leaving I asked one of the nurses if I could check my weight. I got a funny look because she said not many women are that eager to jump on the scale but I was. Drumroll please.......... I lost 8lbs from my pre admin at the hospital (my last weigh in) . So in total I'm down 13 lbs since Jan 3rd ish. I'm so freaking happy!!!!! I've tried to maintain my good eating habits while recovering and I've done quite well even while having a few cheats like the A&W teen burger I had 2 days ago (it was my first burger since mid December so I'd earned it ). My walking is nowhere near what it used to be and I'm still not cleared for return to the gym but I am walking little bits every day and multiple times a day. I'm so proud of myself!!!! Now to celebrate with a HUGE ice cream sundae lol J/K
    Hey!!! You nearly gave this old lady heart failure when I read "HUGE ice cream sundae"!!! I didn't look ahead so it took a second to catch up...whew!! Brat!

So fantastic on your weight-loss and your full-steam ahead attitude!! And of course, your brilliant recovery! Good for you! Did I mention not to push yourself too hard, Harbie? Having surgery is a big deal to your body, so yes, take it easy as you can...however, as I type that I have this vision of you straining on your leash to break free!!

Continued success, Harbie!!
    harbie and SassyAshley like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@harbie Fantastic post op checkup and BONUS weight loss to boot! Yup, any size Ice Cream Sundae is your reward!! I know you were kidding!
    harbie and SassyAshley like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Walkonby!! Woohoo!!!
    'Member that Moo Shu Vegetables recipe I mentioned? Well, we had that for dinner tonight and it was very good. I cooked it down a little more because my tummy doesn't like crunchy veggies, added a little more hoisin because who on earth doesn't like hoisin?!!...and tossed in a little more light soy sauce, too. I'm not sure how long those veggies with eggs will hold us, but Hubby and I said it's a "keeper" and we'll have it again. A nice fast dinner!

Now I'm wondering where I posted it for the other gals and guys here to find it.....hang on...looking....Found it...here:
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/mo...egetables.html

I love that the nutrition is broken down for us, and for Walks and I, we need the saturated fat number, not total fat, so this really is a bonus!!

Hope you get to try it!
    Just a thought...I think it'll also be nice with sliced cooked chicken, shrimp, thinly sliced beef added to it, but I prefer it this way. Unless it has scallops. Then I'd prefer it that way.
    harbie, walkonby and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Where did that Brat go?!! She was just here!!!! Walks, Honey!!!!
    harbie, walkonby and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh, Walkonby, I keep forgetting you're so much younger than me....!

Ronnie Spector (yes, she was married to Phil Spector but thankfully got away!) was the lead singer in a group, in the wonderful 60s, called, The Ronettes. The Supremes were set up as the good girls, but Ronnie had an edge to her which, to tell you the truth, I didn't notice, I just loved their music.

Here's a sample: (and the kids nowadays think THEY invented eyeliner! hah!)
    This girl-group was IT, the BOMB, the COOLEST!

Last edited by Lynn49; Wed, Feb 17th, 2016 at 06:33 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Ronnie Spector, 2015, Be My Baby..!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

2013... And yes, they are in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame..

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

well Lynn I recognize those tunes, but never knew her name? Plus when you mentioned who she had been married to I thought of this only!!

now back to that Moo shu recipe, I have that one bookmarked. ( thanks btw)
    As you said we have to have that all important sat fat number to work with!!
    Which reminds me, although I am not a fan of the cold cut meats normally, there was one surprising treat for me when snacking on 2 slices of the Pillers thai chili chicken breast. I punched in the numbers from the label and 2 slices was 1 SP!!
    Who needs bread?? It was tasty as ever! and a bit of a spicy kick as well .
    Last edited by walkonby; Wed, Feb 17th, 2016 at 06:40 PM.
    SassyAshley likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    well Lynn I recognize those tunes, but never knew her name? Plus when you mentioned who she had been married to I thought of this only!!

Yep, he was an awful control-freak even in the 60s, but by gosh, his groups always hit the top of the charts, always became famous! Each girl group had their own sound, their own "niche" in the music business...a genius who crossed so many lines...
    walkonby and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

This is how we remember him...with the Ronettes, of course...part of his "wall of sound" girl music...
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post

now back to that Moo shu recipe, I have that one bookmarked. ( thanks btw)
    As you said we have to have that all important sat fat number to work with!!
    Which reminds me, although I am not a fan of the cold cut meats normally, there was one surprising treat for me when snacking on 2 slices of the Pillers thai chili chicken breast. I punched in the numbers from the label and 2 slices was 1 SP!!
    Who needs bread?? It was tasty as ever! and a bit of a spicy kick as well .
    I've never seen that, Walks....I do have turkey pepperettes in the fridge from that cauliflower pizza, though and iirc, 3 points for 2?! Yep, a very nice little snack with a wedge of Light Laughing Cow and a cuppa tea shared, of course, with Jenny. Not the tea. She's quite firm about not wanting the tea.
    walkonby and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Just waiting for my final pay from previous job tonight at 12am. It will be a whopping $28 lol and $12.95 will go to bank charges(pretty much unlimited interac transactions, etc) so for 2 weeks I'll have $17 hmm what groceries can I get.
    harbie, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    Just waiting for my final pay from previous job tonight at 12am. It will be a whopping $28 lol and $12.95 will go to bank charges(pretty much unlimited interac transactions, etc) so for 2 weeks I'll have $17 hmm what groceries can I get.
    Lots of veggies? Check the sales racks for veg and canned goods (I buy sale produce...such good prices on perfectly good peppers!)...you may turn into a vegan in the next two weeks, Cabbie...eggs are a good staple, do you have flour, sugar, stuff like that? Already prepared foods aren't on the list, I don't think. A call to your darling Aunt to pre prep some dinners for you? Perhaps other gals have good suggestions here...gosh, good luck, Hon!
    harbie, cabmonk, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I have some ideas and will utilize the food bank here. It's pretty good here usually. You can go once a month and you get 15 points to use. Last time I got a frozen pizza for a point. Cereal was 2 for a point. Milk 1 point. Pancake mix was either 1 or 2 not sure. Can't go again till first wed in March though. There is a smaller one I can go to this Fri.
    harbie, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    $12.95 in bank fees . Isn't there any way to save on that? I have no idea where you are but do you have a credit union instead of a bank (mine has no fee chequing account). I'm no expert but I'm sure there are places that not charge fees or at least that high.

As for food ideas I agree with Lynn. Veggies. Frozen veggies are great value and are picked at at the height of freshness and flash frozen so they are just as nutritious as fresh.

Sale racks are great places for these. Only purchase in season veg and fruit. I personally like to get frozen fruits for smoothies for breakfast and sometimes snacks/desserts.

Quinoa can be purchased in bulk and at a good price. Cook that at a 1-1 ratio with water or stock and you've got yourself a complete protein food item.

Lentils! Man I love them. They are super cheap (bulk) and again an amazingly filling and nutritious meal. No need for meat at that meal and they are super high in fibre ( I think something like 15.6 hr per 1 cup). I could give you some recipes if you'd like them.

Oatmeal (again in bulk so you don't over buy/pay too much and then possibly waste it). I use the slow cooking oats and add some brown sugar and cinnamon with a splash of either milk or almond milk at the end to cream it up. Filling, high in fibre and inexpensive.

The great thing also about quinoa is that any leftovers can be made into quinoa cakes. Add and egg, whatever spices you'd like and any leftover veggies and some bread crumbs(use you're left over bread, the heels of the bread or cheap day olds) and lightly pan fry up a cake.

I find that there isn't a ton of coupons for the good stuff but if you shop smart with sales, airmiles and other promos like PC points and stuff you can maximize your shopping cart haul.

If you have any questions feel free to ask and if there is anything you need in particular please let me know

Page 30 of 49 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast

Thread Information