User Tag List

Page 31 of 49 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast
Like Tree3103Likes

Thread: Dear 2016: I promise to do better this year! To get healthier! Let the games begin!!!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Thanks lok yeah I have a package for $12.95 which inc so much though. Like unlimited interac transactions etc.

I like all the suggestions. I also remembered I had some shoppers points so just got back from there. Got flour, eggs, pancake mix and some sausages. I still have about $20 now actually. I'm also still holding onto the $20 my aunt gave me since she gave it to me for transportation to my new job which I start next week lol.

harbie, Angela273, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Too bad I couldn't get 15 frozen pizza at food bank lol. Well I think the limit is 2.
    harbie, Angela273 and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

What do you guys think of this one lol. (Another of my blogs, I hope it's OK to post) I just like the word tightwad ha.

http://tightwadthursdays.blogspot.com

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

my stubborn " stuck " scale was showing some mercy this morning, but I will not record it until Saturday ( in case it changes up or down some ) but it sure made my day a bit more cheerful!!

Angela273, Lynn49, cabmonk and 1 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Hope you have a good rest of the day walks..I'm off for a small nap.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    Too bad I couldn't get 15 frozen pizza at food bank lol. Well I think the limit is 2.

NO frozen pizza for you!! {{channeling the soup na*iz}}

Cabbie, stick around long enough with us and we'll have you off those carb-laden meals in no time!!
    Unless you leave.
    Then you're too chicken to stick it out with us.

And pancakes?!....sigh.....what ARE we going to do with you??!!!

As for that site, some good ideas...groovy, Dude, lol, and he is right about the fact that when you're watching your calorie intake or eating healthy, it's amazing the concoctions you can come up with!
    Too bad he "fried" those fries...tossing them in a little healthy olive oil and baking them would have been so much better, although I realize he's not dieting so not a worry for him.....gosh, don't you just love listening to a confirmed dieter?! No??

Walkonby....such great news that your scale is planning on being nice to you this week...fingers crossed for Saturday! I go to WW tomorrow, and I'm not expecting my last week's loss...I feel frumpy today...blah. I also have an eye appt....I hope I don't need stronger glasses, or I'll be wearing Coke bottle bottoms!!

Keep up the great work, everyone!!

Last edited by Lynn49; Thu, Feb 18th, 2016 at 05:28 PM.
    harbie, Angela273 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Last edited by Lynn49; Thu, Feb 18th, 2016 at 05:52 PM.
    harbie and Angela273 like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Lol its OK I am trying. The only reason for pancakes and French toast is because it's easy and fairly cheap. Also made much cheaper lately since I could get milk, eggs, bread, pancake mix, sryup etc free at food bank. And for me it goes a long way. I got like 6 loaves of bread at food bank for no points. Right now I have to do what I can that I can really strecth out. A few weeks ago 70% of my groceries were vegan. I'll get on track soon now that I start work tomorrow.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    Lol its OK I am trying. The only reason for pancakes and French toast is because it's easy and fairly cheap. Also made much cheaper lately since I could get milk, eggs, bread, pancake mix, sryup etc free at food bank. And for me it goes a long way. I got like 6 loaves of bread at food bank for no points. Right now I have to do what I can that I can really strecth out. A few weeks ago 70% of my groceries were vegan. I'll get on track soon now that I start work tomorrow.
    Totally understand, Hon....and when the time comes when you want to be back on track and need a good swift kick in the behind, we'll form a conga line!

Last edited by Lynn49; Thu, Feb 18th, 2016 at 09:51 PM.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^^^ ha ha , I'll join that conga kicking line!! Hey cab, do what you can till the next good solid paycheque rolls in , then you'll be able to get back on track with better foods.
    Angela273, Lynn49, cabmonk and 1 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Pancakes - 2 eggs and a Banana (That's it and it tastes like Banana Bread).
    harbie, Angela273, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

I slipped a little backwards on the scale this week and had a small 1.6lb gain, with the long weekend and my classes cancelled I didn't do a good job of prioritizing working out on my own.

DH and I are going to finish up the install on our new dishwasher after work tonight, our old one died a month ago. I didn't realize just how much of a 'use every dish in the cupboard to cook one meal' kind of person I was... even though its just the two of us, its been hard to keep up on the dishes during the weekdays. (I bow to the ladies that manage to cook for a whole family and do the dishes by hand, you are amazing!) Glad that I'll have my sanity back after tonight. I find it so much easier to cook when my kitchen is tidy, and I haven't done a good job of that since our dishwasher broke.
    Last edited by beckie.c; Fri, Feb 19th, 2016 at 03:03 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by curt81 View Post
    Pancakes - 2 eggs and a Banana (That's it and it tastes like Banana Bread).
    Hang on! No flour, no other binding? Now THIS I have got to try!!
    Thank you, Curt81!! I've made cottage cheese pancakes that taste just like sweet blintzes, if you want that recipe I'll post it for you...I made this one up, so it's a bit iffy to post....okay...what you do is beat the heck out of a cup of low fat cottage cheese (I use a stick blender), add an egg, blend, about 1-2Tbsp of flour, artificial sweetener (I use 1 packet of Sweet 'n Low, Bulk Barn), and a bit of cinnamon. They're delicate, but oh, my...so good! You do need a bit of oil in the pan for these. I took out the low sugar table syrup but sure didn't need it; it tasted like dessert!

Thanks again, Hon, and I know you're doing your usual bang-up job at weight-loss!!!Yay, you!!
    Angela273 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

-2.4 again!!!

Seriously! I even asked her if it was exactly the same and she confirmed it!
    Having told my Hubby yesterday that I felt "frumpy", I wasn't too confident today, but scales don't lie like our thoughts do, so woohoo! Eating more makes such a difference, and still of course, I'm unable to exercise one iota.

Walkonby, Sweetie...fingers crossed for another loss for you tomorrow!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by beckie.c View Post
    I slipped a little backwards on the scale this week and had a small 1.6lb gain, with the long weekend and my classes cancelled I didn't do a good job or prioritizing working out on my own.

DH and I are going to finish up the install on our new dishwasher after work tonight, our old one died a month ago. I didn't realize just how much of a 'use every dish in the cupboard to cook one meal' kind of person I was... even though its just the two of us, its been hard to keep up on the dishes during the weekdays. (I bow to the ladies that manage to cook for a whole family and do the dishes by hand, you are amazing!) Glad that I'll have my sanity back after tonight. I find it so much easier to cook when my kitchen is tidy, and I haven't done a good job of that since our dishwasher broke.
    Hi, Beckie...there's a brand new week ahead for you, a new dishwasher, so there's no reason why you won't be a LOSER next week!

As for running households without a dishwasher, I did that for many years, with two toddlers that I stayed home with, cooked dinners each night, but let me tell you something: that solitary time alone in the kitchen "doing dishes" was my oasis in my days!! Hubby would be off with the kids in the livingrom or bathing them and this was my quiet time, my almost a meditation time. So nope, we gals in the olden days loved the quiet solitude of our time with our dirty dishes and hot soapy water. At least I certainly did!

Page 31 of 49 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast

Thread Information