User Tag List

Page 34 of 49 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast
Like Tree3103Likes

Thread: Dear 2016: I promise to do better this year! To get healthier! Let the games begin!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I'm looking for recommendations: what is a great non-stick frying pan that is not Teflon and I won't need to use oil to cook with it. I have a new set of stainless steel pots and pans, but our Teflon pans have seen better days. I see commercials on tv, but I'm hesitant to purchase them. Thanks in advance.
    harbie likes this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I'm looking for recommendations: what is a great non-stick frying pan that is not Teflon and I won't need to use oil to cook with it. I have a new set of stainless steel pots and pans, but our Teflon pans have seen better days. I see commercials on tv, but I'm hesitant to purchase them. Thanks in advance.
    My absolute favourites are the "Heritage The Rock" ones...not the ones that are almost the same name by another company. These at regular price are about $100+, but they often go on sale for far less, closer to the $30 mark. If they made a whole set of the, I'd buy them!! I have both sizes and never, ever use any other pan we have. Ever! They're extremely heavy, can go from stove to oven, clean-up is a breeze, and yes, I COULD do a commercial for them!
    http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/he...-1427073p.html
    Last edited by Lynn49; Thu, Feb 25th, 2016 at 10:36 AM.
    TaraF, harbie, Angela273 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

harbie, Angela273 and beckie.c like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

harbie and Angela273 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

harbie, Angela273 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@Lynn49 ^^^^^ . That made me laugh!

Its been a bit of an up and down ride lately. It's been more of a struggle to eat healthy when I'm not allowed a lot of excerise. I've actually over done it a few times and I've paid for it by being in more pain/discomfort. I'm an boredom eater so it kinda sucks. At least it's sunny today(the last day before the flood of Noah's day which is coming) so I'm going to take pup for an easy leisurely walk around the neighbourhood.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I was at the doctor's office this morning for a routine checkup of our twins, who are almost 7 months old. I took the opportunity to weigh myself. I lost exactly 2lbs since December 17, when I was last st his office. Apparently my friend's scale weighs me at 2ish lbs less. I'lledit this post later when I get the chance to measure my waist. I've been in a lot of physical over the last week. Both a nasty migraine that refuses to go away and my severe leg pain that is from an injury that is now 9yrs old. I do what I can, but I know that I eat more junk when I hurt like this.

edit: I lost 1/4" off at my belly bottom in the same amount of time. It's still progress. My natural waist measurement is considered healthy at 1/2 my height.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Feb 28th, 2016 at 01:40 PM.
    harbie likes this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

I'm with Lynn on the Rock! I purchased my first one at Canadian Tire recently and Oh-Em-Gee! I made eggs this morning for my hubby and I and they were amazing! No oil at all. I'm amazed. We paid (on sale) $29 for the small one, that was at around 80% off! Next sale I am buying the larger size so it can help me achieve a smaller size.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I am just shuffling around now pretty confident that tomorrow's weigh in will see me doing " virtual " cartwheels. ( at some point wouldn't it be grand if I could do a real one??! )
    TaraF, harbie, Angela273 and 1 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

It's totally true. lol
    Name:  losing-my-mind.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  28.5 KB

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

cannot swim at 5:00 a.m. today ( have family obligation around 6:00 ) but my body did not know and woke me up for it anyways. No matter, did my weighing in here and I am down a whopping 3.5 lbs for the week! This is really working splendid! I could just kick myself for packing on so many lbs before. Oh well one week at a time!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    TaraF, harbie, Angela273 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Great to come in here and get a boost of encouragement from you ladies and your progress. I can't wait til I get the all clear to get back in the gym. I'm craving a good cardio burn about now. Just trying to watch my snacking as that's all I can really do along with short light walks.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I just remembered that I didn't post my so-called "loss" on Friday at WW...-.2 lbs. Gah. I guess it's to be expected after the nice to losses the two weeks before, but of course, as with many things, more is better! Again, I think I wasn't eating enough; I get going on things and forget to eat, and don't find I'm hungry, which isn't a good thing, since it means I'm not metabolizing, burning off fat....grr.

But..onward and downward!!

Hope everyone else is having success, too!!!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

all right.... time for a bit of comic relief for dieters. You know how when we go out to a restaurant and we all say I will order everything " right" and make the best choices? So DH and I went for brunch after his 2 minor tests at the Clinic. I LOVE liver and onions, I ordered that but I said no carbs please. ( a big no to potatoes as well as fries ) in fact I said just put a few veg on the plate with my liver that is fine.
    Chose the garden salad with dressing on the side instead of what smelled like a wonderful hearty beef barley soup.
    A Peppermint tea so I would not be tempted to use cream with coffee.
    My delicious liver meal arrives and beside the meat is about 3 FULL cups of buttered corn niblets ! Oh gawd! gag me GMO food. I guess they don't know that corn is a starchy veg.
    We just laughed to ourselves and DH ate half the poison corn......worse is I let him!
    TaraF, Angela273, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

oh walks lol Corn is my FAVOURITE veg, but I avoid it because of the carbs. I don't know how many people I've encountered who think carbs are just pasta and bread.

I will weigh myself tomorrow morn before heading out for some appointments, if this weather lets me. Not sure what the scale will say because I've been avoiding it like the plague. lol Ah well. Spring is almost here. YAY!

Name:  ha.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  31.0 KB

Page 34 of 49 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast

Thread Information