User Tag List

Page 40 of 49 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
Like Tree3103Likes

Thread: Dear 2016: I promise to do better this year! To get healthier! Let the games begin!!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Lynn thanks for both of those suggestions! ( bread and pizza ).
    Tara, I know what you mean between the Plain and Vanilla, same thing happens with yogurt!!
    The Vanilla is loaded with sugar so I never buy that.
    I am STILL being very very cautious about having any ( white or empty ) carbs during the day.
    I've been sticking mainly to lean protein choices, some cheese ( cottage, Laughing cow, low fat Mozz ), tons and tons of every possible free ( usually green ) veggies ( often raw as in salad ) but steamed too or cooked and blended into soup, and then some fruit.
    It has kept me feeling terrific for the most part but I am human and do have a roaming eye for sweets every now and then.
    Also, I could easily eat 2 large kaisers slathered in butter and mayo with whatever meat I choose and not even feel full. But then naturally afterwards I suffer the bloat, so although I buy those delicious kaisers for the guys I make sure to buy just a few each week ( for them )
    Well ladies here's to Week 13 for me!!
    Last edited by walkonby; Mon, Apr 4th, 2016 at 02:34 PM.
    TaraF, Angela273 and Lynn49 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

TaraF, good for YOU! I'm also very satisfied with morning drinks, although mine now usually consist of juiced carrots, cucumber, celery, a handful of parsley, and either an apple or a pear and whatever other veggies I have on hand. For some reason I'm also as satisfied with those drinks as I was with the almond milk/protein ones. Good for you for finding something you're so happy with!

Walkonby, it must be week 13 for me, too! I did a few measurements (wish I had done more, they'd have added up to more, lol!!!), but lost 2" on the top, 2 at my waist, and 1 on my hips. Jeepers, those have to start moving soon....I should have taken my thigh measurements too, because boy they sure are down, too. Maybe I should just add all those numbers up to make me feel better!! Reminds me of Herbal Magic...they measure you in about a dozen places and then declare that you've lost 19 inches! Um noooo...only 2" in each area...lol...But it makes us feel better, so why not do it, right? Good for business...

Keep up the great work, everyone!!! I really can't wait to get weighed on Friday! This really is keeping me honest!
    TaraF, Angela273, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

ha ha !! That was my dilemma when I first took all the measurements on Week one. After the first 4 weeks passed and I re-took them was I supposed to double the inches lost on my thighs and upper arms since I have 2 of each limb? ha ha We sure know when a pair of pants feels looser in the leg and backside so really the best result will be when some of my pants are wearable again!!
    TaraF, Angela273, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    ha ha !! That was my dilemma when I first took all the measurements on Week one. After the first 4 weeks passed and I re-took them was I supposed to double the inches lost on my thighs and upper arms since I have 2 of each limb? ha ha We sure know when a pair of pants feels looser in the leg and backside so really the best result will be when some of my pants are wearable again!!
    ...AND the ones we're wearing now continue to droop off us!! I love putting on slacks that used to be snug and now having them so saggy-baggy!! The benefits, right, Walks??!!
    Angela273 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I'M BACK!!!!!!

So I've been MIA for a while, well actually almost a month or so. I've missed you guys so much .
    These last few weeks have been a bit of a roller coaster (actually it's been that way since December) but I'm so happy to say it's finally starting to get back to normal.

I dont have have any new numbers to post but that is because I haven't weighed myself and I fully admit I did have some slips off the wagon and I'm ok with that. My life had been completed flipped upside down and with being sidelined with recovery for 6 weeks it was bound to affect me somewhat. Like I said, I'm ok with that. This change in my lifestyle and resulting weigh loss was not something that I expected to happen overnight and I knew there would be ups and downs and plateaus. I'm now focused more than ever to move forward and continue to work hard. Life has has always been something I highly valued but since going through what I have it is even more valuable to me and I'm not going to waste a single minute of it.

So back in February I underwent a hysterectomy and the removal of one of my ovaries due to what they said was "pre cancerous cells" due to endometrial hyperplasia and the also spotted a cyst on the one ovary. Recovery wasn't nearly as bad as I invisioned but the "no lifting for than a tea cup", etc was VERY difficult to follow. All was good until the pathology report came back and it was determined that it actually was uterine cancer and not the pre cancer they originally thought. Now while my suregon was happy with the margins I was still being sent to an oncologist for them to make the final call. It was what seemed like an eternity as I waited to find out if I'd need further treatment or additional surgery to remove the remaining ovary. Well I got my answer. I'M GOOD!!!!!!. No further treatment is needed. I will have to go for regular visits every 4 months for the next 2 years and every 6 months up to 5 years. I will also be having mammograms starting now since I'm at a higher risk for breast cancer and a couple of others too (oh joy!). But I'm ok. That's all that matters. Life is so precious and I am going to do everything in my power to lower my risk of cancer and that starts with a healthy body.

One step at a time is my mantra and I'll keep putting one foot in front of the other until I reach my goal of a healthy body. So every 4-6 months I will be having a mini party in celebration of each clean check up and I started with my 6 week post op where everything looked great and was healing perfectly. I celebrated late and today I treated myself to a manicure.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  40.8 KB

Im back walking 3km +a day depending on the weather but not at the gym yet (I'm still a bit tender in the side of the removal since that was a bigger and deeper incision). Slow and steady wins the race. This is just a reminder to anyone who ever feels like giving up or its too hard and they can't do it, they're wrong. You never know just how strong you really are and how many people you have in your corner cheering you on! If anyone actually read all of that I'm impressed and thank you. Can't wait for tomorrow to come and the things I will accomplish

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hi everyone,
    I saw a picture today and that reminded me of all of you. Fortunately it's not for me because I don't eat eggs. But tell me, who ate eggs today?

Name:  12931054_1139446669410436_7578193396573705273_n-1.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  21.2 KB
    Lynn49, walkonby and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I saw a picture today and that reminded me of all of you. Fortunately it's not for me because I don't eat eggs. But tell me, who ate eggs today?

Name:  12931054_1139446669410436_7578193396573705273_n-1.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  21.2 KB

tee hee!!! That was cute amira.

I did NOT have eggs per say BUT I did use egg whites in my blintzes!!

I just watched this funny thing with Alec Baldwin

https://youtu.be/6g3lLr2fH7E
    Lynn49 and amira84 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

This is an article that I want to finish reading and thought others might also want to read.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/...otional-eating
    Lynn49, walkonby and Davetherave like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    I'M BACK!!!!!!

So I've been MIA for a while, well actually almost a month or so. I've missed you guys so much .
    These last few weeks have been a bit of a roller coaster (actually it's been that way since December) but I'm so happy to say it's finally starting to get back to normal.

I dont have have any new numbers to post but that is because I haven't weighed myself and I fully admit I did have some slips off the wagon and I'm ok with that. My life had been completed flipped upside down and with being sidelined with recovery for 6 weeks it was bound to affect me somewhat. Like I said, I'm ok with that. This change in my lifestyle and resulting weigh loss was not something that I expected to happen overnight and I knew there would be ups and downs and plateaus. I'm now focused more than ever to move forward and continue to work hard. Life has has always been something I highly valued but since going through what I have it is even more valuable to me and I'm not going to waste a single minute of it.

So back in February I underwent a hysterectomy and the removal of one of my ovaries due to what they said was "pre cancerous cells" due to endometrial hyperplasia and the also spotted a cyst on the one ovary. Recovery wasn't nearly as bad as I invisioned but the "no lifting for than a tea cup", etc was VERY difficult to follow. All was good until the pathology report came back and it was determined that it actually was uterine cancer and not the pre cancer they originally thought. Now while my suregon was happy with the margins I was still being sent to an oncologist for them to make the final call. It was what seemed like an eternity as I waited to find out if I'd need further treatment or additional surgery to remove the remaining ovary. Well I got my answer. I'M GOOD!!!!!!. No further treatment is needed. I will have to go for regular visits every 4 months for the next 2 years and every 6 months up to 5 years. I will also be having mammograms starting now since I'm at a higher risk for breast cancer and a couple of others too (oh joy!). But I'm ok. That's all that matters. Life is so precious and I am going to do everything in my power to lower my risk of cancer and that starts with a healthy body.

One step at a time is my mantra and I'll keep putting one foot in front of the other until I reach my goal of a healthy body. So every 4-6 months I will be having a mini party in celebration of each clean check up and I started with my 6 week post op where everything looked great and was healing perfectly. I celebrated late and today I treated myself to a manicure.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  40.8 KB

Im back walking 3km +a day depending on the weather but not at the gym yet (I'm still a bit tender in the side of the removal since that was a bigger and deeper incision). Slow and steady wins the race. This is just a reminder to anyone who ever feels like giving up or its too hard and they can't do it, they're wrong. You never know just how strong you really are and how many people you have in your corner cheering you on! If anyone actually read all of that I'm impressed and thank you. Can't wait for tomorrow to come and the things I will accomplish
    Harbie, CONGRATULATIONS on being "all GOOD"!!! What an ordeal you went through and oh, the worst is the waiting, isn't it?! So happy you're out the back end of this one, and there's no looking back!!

Mini-parties are a wonderful idea, Harbie; something we should all keep in mind whether it's check-ups or weigh-ins...there's always something to celebrate, even if it's as simple as waking up again for one more morning here on earth. Every day is a blessing.

Lovely manicure, btw, love the colour: so springy, pure and hopeful! I took my nails in for a shellac (is that the right term?) because it's spring (well, not around here, but the problem still cropped up), and my nails get so weak this time of year. Any other time, and I have to work at keeping them trimmed, but spring? Nope. But I got a gorgeous deep rose polish and it makes me smile every time I see it; I'll have to go in again in another week or so and really..I'm thinking the same colour!

Enjoy your health, Harbie!!!!
    TaraF, harbie and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I went for my weigh-in today and after 2 weeks of pre-birthday stress-eating, the birthday and really WHO has cake for breakfast!! Me. For two days! Then Easter and again the diet was down the drain, followed by trial and error, relapses until this past week when I was determined to undo all the damage I had done, and I'm thrilled to say I'm down .6 lbs!! Not a particularly huge number, but I hate to think what it would have been last week, HAD I gone in!

So in total, down 24-ish pounds since January's first post and still falling!! I picked up some new tops today that are 2 sizes smaller (4 really, if you count the in-between sizes), and boy it feels great!

Hubby took me out to an early dinner this evening after we finished out running around and although it wasn't totally on plan, it was nice to celebrate my little victory. Tomorrow is the 50th anniversary party so I know I'll misbehave a little there, too, but I know my strength and whatever damage I do will soon disappear once again! Life happens, so we roll with it, right?

Have a lovely weekend everyone!!
    TaraF, harbie, Angela273 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

hey Lynn the main thing is you are STILL on the wagon. The steering wheel veers you off here and there ( like all of us ) but remembering to count those blessings of just being able to wake up each day and start fresh is a bonus. Saturday weigh in awaits me tomorrow, I'll do it after my swim hoping it burns a wee bit more. Wishful thinking on my part!

oh and btw @Angela273 I agree with the points in that article. Many of us have known for a long time that our feelings are connected with what we choose to eat and often when we serve our own families we are trying to express " love " but often it comes disguised as baked goods and sweets ( I did it for years ).
    When I joined WW online I wrote a blog about JUST that. I think I titled it No Shame or Blame, but understanding why I overeat. It is very helpful when you write down all the feelings attached to the binge or forbidden snack as you eat it.
    Sort of sucks the fun out of eating it too!! ha ha
    TaraF, harbie, Angela273 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oh well....I am down 2.5 lbs since last week BUT since last week's weight was the same as the week before I REALLY only lost .5 from where I should be. STILL celebrated the loss all the same!! Carry on losers!
    TaraF, harbie, Angela273 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    oh well....I am down 2.5 lbs since last week BUT since last week's weight was the same as the week before I REALLY only lost .5 from where I should be. STILL celebrated the loss all the same!! Carry on losers!
    Walkonby, any loss means we continue to head in the right direction. We know this works, but sometimes don't we just wish it would work a little faster? Otoh, when we do misbehave we sure don't gain it all back again: we're training our bodies to live a little leaner, and I think that makes such a big difference.
    Congrats on your loss, Sweetpea!
    TaraF, Angela273, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Harbie welcome back and I celebrate with you in your great news! Living life in "6 month blocks" can be annoying at times but hey, you're living girl!

I fell off track there for a while and gained some weight back. *le sigh*. But since joining the gym and taking in more protein I've lost the weight I gained (all 5.5 nasty pounds of it) and an extra 2lbs from my initial weight on January 1st. The main thing is I've found what is working for me and the scale is going in the right direction, and the protein intake is keeping me fuller longer which is awesome.

Name:  18507048438250583_AFxmdb7K_c_thumb.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  35.0 KB
    Last edited by TaraF; Mon, Apr 11th, 2016 at 12:47 PM.
    harbie, Angela273, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

ahem.....I am going to say this RIGHT now. A weight loss isn't likely happening this week for me. DH is on holidays this week ( yeah I have to blame someone ) and although I am sticking to my swimming faithfully, the eating has not been as disciplined. We are doing ONE restaurant meal before the Jays game tomorrow night ( using up the Jack Astor's GC maybe?? or the Milestones one, cannot decide ) and I am sure wine will be involved.....if a loss happens it will be a miracle.

Better luck to all of you this week!!
    toronto166 likes this.

Page 40 of 49 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast

Thread Information