User Tag List

Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree3103Likes

Thread: Dear 2016: I promise to do better this year! To get healthier! Let the games begin!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow Lynn...thanks for all the links and no I don't mind at all! I appreciate any tips and advice I can get. So glad I have you guys to talk to.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Good for you for quitting smoking Toronto!! Such a tough journey, you did well not to gain weight.
    I quit over a year ago and have battled with my weight ever since, but it is slowly coming off now!!!
    My goal is to lose 25 more pounds, I lost 12 in December, so I am feeling good about the rest of the journey. Cutting out sugar has made a huge difference in how I feel.
    I am making a huge stir fry today with lots of snow peas and sprouts and water chestnuts and shrimp, I am going to give Shiratake noodles another try as well, they have zero calories and are made from some kind of white yam.To be blunt they really have a weird odor but take on the taste of other foods, have been reading about how to prepare them so they are more palatable, wish me luck!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Thanks for the inks Lynn and Lilo for the heads up on point changes!!!
    Six pounds Lynn, you are on your way!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lilo, yes, thanks for that info re points. I didn't mention it because I guess I use the lowest points no matter what I weigh (I stick to about 20-22), but in there, I sort-of allow myself a little of this and that because I'd been on it for so long that it doesn't make much difference.

I just suggest to everyone that if sites don't say something like "Smart Points" or Plus Points, it's the original system. Try to stick to one set of points: ie if you're counting Smart Points, stick to them exclusively as much as you can, etc.

Toronto166, I'm so happy you're open to ideas, etc...this really is a learning curve and really...why re-invent the wheel when it's been invented already, right? No sense in making the same mistakes so many of us did when starting out....and YES, congrats on quitting smoking! I quit about...hm....25 years ago and thank God, never took it up again! It takes a whole whack of time to really get that urge out of your system, but you can keep it up!!! Good for you!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Good for you for quitting smoking Toronto!! Such a tough journey, you did well not to gain weight.
    I quit over a year ago and have battled with my weight ever since, but it is slowly coming off now!!!
    My goal is to lose 25 more pounds, I lost 12 in December, so I am feeling good about the rest of the journey. Cutting out sugar has made a huge difference in how I feel.
    I am making a huge stir fry today with lots of snow peas and sprouts and water chestnuts and shrimp, I am going to give Shiratake noodles another try as well, they have zero calories and are made from some kind of white yam.To be blunt they really have a weird odor but take on the taste of other foods, have been reading about how to prepare them so they are more palatable, wish me luck!!
    Oh, TG I love stir-fries!! What would we do without Hoisin sauce?! Sugar, yes, but we use so little. I'd love to find shirataki noodles here, but so far, no luck. It's been a while since I checked, so who knows...if RCSS doesn't have them, I'm going to suggest to the manager that they start carrying it...so many people dieting right now!

Just like us, BEAUTIFUL LOSERS!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Nutters and one Sobey's store here carries shiratake miracle noodles, they have also come out with spinach ones which I am hoping to find!! You can order them online so if I have a hard time finding them I just may!!

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Thanks so much Lynn, for all the great links! And congrats to the girls who quit smoking, I need to do that as well.

Tonight's supper is this http://www.skinnymom.com/skinny-quiche/ with a kale salad... the quiche is in the oven now and it smells HEAVENLY!!
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

TG: If you find the spinch noodles please let us know how there are. i tried the regular ones once & the smell was awful.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

It is quite the smell isn't it!!I was reading a blog about cooking them and if you rinse, boil for one minute and then dry fry they are supposed to improve in smell and texture! will let you know if I find some spinach ones!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sheetsofemptycanvas View Post
    Thanks so much Lynn, for all the great links! And congrats to the girls who quit smoking, I need to do that as well.

Tonight's supper is this http://www.skinnymom.com/skinny-quiche/ with a kale salad... the quiche is in the oven now and it smells HEAVENLY!!
    Oooooo...Sheets, I LOVE crustless quiche!!

In this one, if you really stuck to the recipe with the extra lean ham and reduced fat cheese....a half of that pie would only be 6 points! LOL!!! It would depend of course, on how on track I'd been the rest of the day.. If you can 'afford' the extra point or two add in a tbsp of Miracle Whip....omg, just the tich of sweetness is amazing!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    It is quite the smell isn't it!!I was reading a blog about cooking them and if you rinse, boil for one minute and then dry fry they are supposed to improve in smell and texture! will let you know if I find some spinach ones!!
    TG, unfortunately we don't have a Sobey's here, so no help there, but from what I'm hearing about the smell, I may just stick to my spiralized zucchini 'spaghetti'!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I am beyond motivated to improve my health! I am going to be making better choices with regards to food and making sure I'm active every.single.day! I won't say I want to be "this size or weight" (although I'd love to be the size I was when I got married) I just want to be healthy!

Its sad that it's taken a health scare to get me motivated but I guess it's better late than never. I'd been having odd symptoms and after several tests that came back fine I had an endometrial biopsy done and got a call back to the dr. I have endometrial hyperplasia and the abnormal cells would eventually turned into cancer if left. I go in February 5 for a hysterectomy and I'm scared and sad. Anyways on the postive side they found it early and if I didn't have the biopsy done(almost didn't since all other tests were clean) I'd have never known and a few years down the road I'd be in a different situation.

So 2016 is a chant for a change in my entire life. I no longer sweat the small stuff and have no time for negative influences in my life. Moving forward only positivity!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    I am beyond motivated to improve my health! I am going to be making better choices with regards to food and making sure I'm active every.single.day! I won't say I want to be "this size or weight" (although I'd love to be the size I was when I got married) I just want to be healthy!

Its sad that it's taken a health scare to get me motivated but I guess it's better late than never. I'd been having odd symptoms and after several tests that came back fine I had an endometrial biopsy done and got a call back to the dr. I have endometrial hyperplasia and the abnormal cells would eventually turned into cancer if left. I go in February 5 for a hysterectomy and I'm scared and sad. Anyways on the postive side they found it early and if I didn't have the biopsy done(almost didn't since all other tests were clean) I'd have never known and a few years down the road I'd be in a different situation.

So 2016 is a chant for a change in my entire life. I no longer sweat the small stuff and have no time for negative influences in my life. Moving forward only positivity!
    Oh, Harbie!! Thank heavens you had that biopsy done!!! It sure is unfortunate that we come to these decisions after a health scare (many of us have), but whatever it takes to gain more years at the end of it all, the better!!

I've never had a hysterectomy, but I'm sure others somewhere on here have, and can give you the kind of support you need. Any surgery is scary (ask me, I had 3 within a year! lol!), but it's so different than in the 'olden days', at least in my case, since I don't know how old you are... But they'll take very good care of you...that was something I experienced here and am so thankful for.

As for your health, WELCOME ABOARD!!
    Any time is a good time to toss the junk from our lives that big business tries (mostly successfully) to shove down our throats! It's not like THEY eat the same crap!!

Keep in touch here....let us know how things are going!! Nice to have you aboard!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I weighed myself on my friend's digital bathroom scale today. She says it is pretty good. I weigh exactly what I did at the doctor's office 3 weeks ago. I'm happy with that. Stable is decent considering the goodies I have eaten over the holidays.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Sheets, are you counting calories, no carb, or doing WW points? Just curious what everyone is doing to lose weight or get healthier.

Walkonby, omg, YUM on your breakfast! How many points was that?! Except for the egg white thingy. I just can't do it!!

Well, Day 4 is over and done with, still on program and losing weight. It should slow down now to one or two lbs a week, which is fine; it's harder to put back on that way.

Night!!
    @Lynn49 that rainbow trout dish ( 2 1/2 oz cooked was just 2 points ) and with my oatmeal I nuke 1/4 c dry with water, add no milk and sweeten with a few grains of stevia and since fruit is free I toss in a few berries! and the egg white omelet is just 2 points from the 1/2 oz of finely grated mozz I blend into it.
    So 6 points for a really full breakfast. I find I cannot do a smoothie for a meal, I feel cheated somehow.

Oh and whoever was saying about the difference in the old and new WW points, they are not kidding! I think that was the reason I never joined WW before. I could never understand how people could eat many high fat/sugar meals and think that would be a healthy choice just because a programme said it was " x" number of points.
    This way it is way more accurate.

Well good luck ladies!! I am off to catch some of the Leafs game

babies teach us acceptance

Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information