User Tag List

Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree3103Likes

Thread: Dear 2016: I promise to do better this year! To get healthier! Let the games begin!!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I am with Tara on the first thing in the a.m. weigh in. I log the number on each date on my Calendar. ( I am using a free one our Insurance gal mailed us ) I've labelled the front of it Walkonby's WW tracker with a black Sharpie. Many people have said I should not weigh every day but I am just like that, I wanna know what I weigh each day.
    So, since my very first WW meeting on Sat Jan 2nd I now weigh 4 lbs less!! Amazing the loss on the first week of a diet is for your morale! Wonder what my total loss will be by Jan 9th?? Fingers crossed it is in double digits!

Stupid leg pain and foot numbness is still with me....hoping that very soon it leaves! Good luck everyone! I have scrolled though the thread quickly and I noticed we have a lot of great members joining us on this thread....very encouraging!!
    TaraF, Angela273, Lynn49 and 8 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

The salads in a jar looked amazing. I have seen quite a few on the net, and I just thought people were trying to be cool using mason jars, they have been such a fad for the last few years. I didn't even consider that you could keep a salad for a week in them!!! Guess I might just jump on that bandwagon!!
    Welcome back Walks!!! Hope you had a great Christmas and New Year despite the pain...missed you and great job on the weight loss!!

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by LunchLady View Post
    Yep, you know your cheese.....that's feta in a fruit salad and greek salad. The fruit salad is the best (all kinds of cut up fruit, feta cheese,sun flower seeds ,red wine vinegar and honey Yes, I do bring home made soup too. I finally got my husband to bring a salad to work, but he won't bring soup!!!!

Mmmm, I LOVE fruit salad!! Sounds wonderful with feta cheese *drooooool*

Getting ready to have breakfast which will be the hardest thing for me... I'm not a breakfast person. Anyway, I did up some steel cut oats in the slow cooker last night so I'll have a bowl of that with a banana
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!!
    Today is the day I'm going to put my big girl panties on and weigh myself before the week is up. Right now I have a sleeping Jenny, wrapped up burrito style on my lap, so of course, I can't move. Hubby's still sleeping so I'm up first for a change and made a good ol' strong pot of coffee.

Day 4, still haven't gone off program, and have a decision to make for dinner. Something vegetarian, I think....I get tired of the meat/veg combos now and then...maybe a nice big, loaded baked omelet. We're not dessert-eaters normally, so no decision to make there.

Another re-organization day for our dressing room so that I can get sewing for myself. A nice PLAIN, un-bedazzled, un-foil-printed, un-printed with stupid sayings t-shirts and cover-ups (like those cocoon jackets). I just ordered an out-of-print pattern off etsy that I've wanted for so long...yay! It's coming from Winnipeg..

So.
    Has everyone got their eating plan organized for today? No staring into open cupboards or fridges, right?

Hubby's up! I always say, "Morning Pincess!" Lol...it's so seldom I'm up first.

You all have a healthy, successful day...your body is thanking you for taking care of her!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Tue, Jan 5th, 2016 at 08:43 AM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

For anyone counting calories and/or points, here's a good site for recipe ideas:

http://www.skinnymom.com/category/re...brunch/page/2/

Just hover your mouse over each photo for the calorie and points count.
    TaraF, Angela273, macw1960 and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

!!!!!

I just weighed myself: I'm down 6.1 pounds!!!!!!!!!
    Yes, yes I know this is the "glory period" where weight loss is drastic, but omg, I knew my clothes were feeling a little different, but never in my wildest dreams thought I wasn't just imagining it!!

Wow.
    I'm floored.

Talk about motivation!!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

OMG Lynn...I have been following this thread and debating as to whether I should join or not but I just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! GREAT JOB!!!
    TaraF, Angela273, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Ohhh Lynn!!! Good for you girl! Talk about a motivation booster. I have yet to step on the scale but I will before the week is out!

Love the Skinny Mom website, so many great ideas! I have to admit, I felt really good after actually eating breakfast this morning... I'm usually a two cup of coffee then out the door gal lol.

I'm actually home for lunch today so I'm having leftover salad from last night with some rotisserie chicken strips I got on sale at WM. I've got hummus and ww crackers packed for a snack later, and supper will be chicken sausages with brown rice and a veggie (probably some sauteed peppers and onions).

I don't have a specific number in mind as far as weight loss goes but I know I need to make some changes... my kids are 8 and 12 and most days I don't even have the energy to play with them I'm tired and sluggish all the time. I'm only 35 but some days I feel like I'm 100... things need to change!
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sheetsofemptycanvas View Post
    Ohhh Lynn!!! Good for you girl! Talk about a motivation booster. I have yet to step on the scale but I will before the week is out!

Love the Skinny Mom website, so many great ideas! I have to admit, I felt really good after actually eating breakfast this morning... I'm usually a two cup of coffee then out the door gal lol.

I'm actually home for lunch today so I'm having leftover salad from last night with some rotisserie chicken strips I got on sale at WM. I've got hummus and ww crackers packed for a snack later, and supper will be chicken sausages with brown rice and a veggie (probably some sauteed peppers and onions).

I don't have a specific number in mind as far as weight loss goes but I know I need to make some changes... my kids are 8 and 12 and most days I don't even have the energy to play with them I'm tired and sluggish all the time. I'm only 35 but some days I feel like I'm 100... things need to change!
    Well for heaven's sake, Sheets, good for you! When we think about how our bodies have had no sustenance for 7-8 hours...I mean, can we go a whole day with nothing?! So yes, breakfast is the most important meal of the day...your body needs fuel!

You're so young...omg, my kingdom for being that age again, our DD is only 2 years older than you so I have no problem remembering what it's like to be that age. I'm 66! Gah! So jealous!!

Kids are a real motivator, aren't they? Our Grandson is 7 years old and when I think that I may not be around to see him grow up, my heart just breaks: we're so close. He's been so good about understanding why I can't do certain things like go for walks, etc, and is such a good kid, I want to be around to see him grow up into (dare I hope?) into a fine young gentleman. His Mom and Dad are doing such a great job with him....

So, just think of those kids, boys or girls, btw...being able to do more with them, have the energy to go biking later, shop for clothes with a Daughter if you have one of those, ...

Keep up the great work at achieving a healthier lifestyle! It's so much easier when you're young!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by toronto166 View Post
    OMG Lynn...I have been following this thread and debating as to whether I should join or not but I just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! GREAT JOB!!!
    Oh, please join us!!! We're a pretty friendly bunch...whether you want to lose weight or just get healthier....no pressure. We're not perfect, we slip and fall, but with each other's support, we get up again and keep trying!!
    Hope to see you here again, Hon!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I'd forgotten about this site and I referred to it so much during my last (pre fall) weight-loss. It's counting points, but no matter, there are calorie counts too...enjoy!

http://www.laaloosh.com

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Oh, please join us!!! We're a pretty friendly bunch...whether you want to lose weight or just get healthier....no pressure. We're not perfect, we slip and fall, but with each other's support, we get up again and keep trying!!
    Hope to see you here again, Hon!!
    Oh my goodness Lynn, you made me laugh and you managed to convince me to join!!! (You're quite the sweet talker you know) I however will have to start maybe tomorrow??? I definitely need to lose weight as I am tiny and it shows up a hell of a lot quicker than on a tall person. I will try my hardest this time and will also try to exercise more. Thanks for the links for the food websites (i.e. skinnymom, etc.). Truly appreciate it. Good luck everyone and I look forward to letting you know my progress as well.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Here is another good site. She is WW friendly and somerecipes are noted in the new plan with Smart points. I imagine it will take awhile to get them all switched.
    http://www.skinnytaste.com
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Here is another good site. She is WW friendly and somerecipes are noted in the new plan with Smart points. I imagine it will take awhile to get them all switched.
    http://www.skinnytaste.com
    Thank you, Lilo!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I did 15 laps at the indoor track with a friend on Sunday evening. When I was up feeding the twins at 4am Monday morning I realized that my right ankle was very sore and painful. I took our 3yr old son to his skating lessons and walked 5 times around the track while I was watching his class, and my ankle is again quite sore. After talking with dh about it I think that this injury is still from my "almost" fall on Christmas Eve. I was the designated driver. I just happened to step on a pretty big patch of smooth ice. I lost my footing but grabbed onto the back of the truck and stopped myself before I hit the ground or my knee, etc. But I apparently twisted my ankle some in the process. Dh remembers me mentioning it afterwards. This sucks, but I need to take it easy and make sure that this injury heals up properly. RICE isn't very likely while running around with three young children and running a household. I have now started to wear my compression stocking on the newly injured leg.
    thriftygranny and SassyAshley like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information