User Tag List

Page 9 of 49 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree3103Likes

Thread: Dear 2016: I promise to do better this year! To get healthier! Let the games begin!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyles_Mama View Post
    Happy Friday everyone! Happy to report that I'm already down 7 lbs and I'm feeling great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yay, YOU!!!
    THAT deserves a happy dance!!! Congratulations!!!
    I bet you feel the difference in your clothes already!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@harbie ....hope your surgery is a success @sheetsofemptycanvas - have fun on your date

To the rest of you ladies...thank you for all your support. Just popped in to say good morning and I weighed myself this morning. I know it's all water but I was down 2 pounds. Breakfast was a hard boiled egg with a slice of toast and a cup of coffee. I have a sandwich for lunch with roasted chicken deli meat...no butter nor mayonnaise. I actually have just started drinking water. I absolutely despise water but I have to try so I'm urinating a lot. Will try to throw in some exercise this weekend. Hope you all have a wonderful day!!!
    TaraF, harbie, Angela273 and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Kyles_Mama - Way to go!!!!!!! Congratulations!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@thriftygranny - Well done on your weight loss and on quitting smoking as well!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I gained 19 pounds in the past month. I've been going through a dark period, but lost five in the past two days.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by curt81 View Post
    I gained 19 pounds in the past month. I've been going through a dark period, but lost five in the past two days.
    Welcome back, CURT81!!!! You were our inspiration last time around, so we know you can do it!!
    We all gained over the past while...I gained half the weight I had lost before my accident, which was about 25 lbs, so we both have work to do!!
    So glad you're with us again!!

As for 'dark periods'....someone once asked me if I'd ever want to return to my teens, 20s, and I said, OMG NO!! Such swings in emotions, such uncertainty...seems it all comes with the territory, Curt. I hope you can find your way out of there, lose weight, feel better about yourself and prepare for the sunny days of Spring!!

Well, gang, down 8.2 lbs over the week. It's a great start, but that's all it is, it'll slow down from here on in to about 1-2lbs each week, but boy does it feel good to even get that off!! Hubby's on it with me so cooking is easy except for figuring out points for what I want to make for dinners; the other times we fetch for ourselves.

I figured out dinner this evening: Crustless Spinach, Onion, Zucchini,Tomato Quiche worth a total of 9 Smart Points, so the whole pie, divided in half, equals 4.5 pts each!! Now THAT'S a nice dinner..hubby will have a salad with it, I won't. Grandson always has pizza night with his family on Fridays, so that's what he'll have and I'm never tempted with that. Luckily!

Tomorrow's dinner is one he wants to cook with me (he loves to cook)...Lasagna Rollups with ricotta cheese, spinach, mushrooms, cottage cheese, onions, garlic, and spaghetti sauce over them. The total is higher at 21 points, but that's for 6 rolls. Divided by 3 each for hubby and I, it'll be 11 points. If Grandson actually eats one, that's less points for us, yay! But we have back-up for him if he's not interested in eating it.

So....off to start the day!

Congratulations, everyone on a successful week or however many days you've been on this journey with us....!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I've never seen this before, but it's too cute not to pass on:

TaraF, Angela273, walkonby and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Lynn49 - your meals sound amazing. Spoke to DH on the phone yesterday and he was out of breath so I asked him why. He said he walked for 10 minutes on the tread mill. I think with me talking about trying to lose weight, he actually moved a little yesterday. I told him we should go for a walk this weekend and he said he was on board! Have a great weekend everyone.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I am feeling so naughty right now. I want to share that I made lasagna yesterday. Heheheheee.
    don't kill me Lynn.. lol. I am sorry. I was feeling very naughty and wanted to spoil some fun going on here. Lol. I am feeling so be***d*** right now. Lol

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by toronto166 View Post
    @Lynn49 - your meals sound amazing. Spoke to DH on the phone yesterday and he was out of breath so I asked him why. He said he walked for 10 minutes on the tread mill. I think with me talking about trying to lose weight, he actually moved a little yesterday. I told him we should go for a walk this weekend and he said he was on board! Have a great weekend everyone.
    Yay! Healthy is contagious! I know my Hubby would have just gone along eating whatever he wanted, snacking on salty, greasy snacks like chips, but I want to keep him around fir a whole whack of years, yet! He turns 70 this summer so it's even more urgent that we stay healthy. He's not way overweight and usually gets back to his normal weight golfing all summer, but that up and down can't be good. So when I go on a diet, so does he. Your Hubby sounds like he's seen the light, too...he'll have to, to keep up with his svelte Wife one day!

If you ever need a recipe or meal idea, feel free to ask! I've been around this block many times and lots of people have great recipes I'm sure, that they'd share with you!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Fri, Jan 8th, 2016 at 03:42 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    I am feeling so naughty right now. I want to share that I made lasagna yesterday. Heheheheee.
    don't kill me Lynn.. lol. I am sorry. I was feeling very naughty and wanted to spoil some fun going on here. Lol. I am feeling so be***d*** right now. Lol
    Lol...okay, now it's my turn to be naughty! You know....eating cleaner, healthier, I have no craving for greasy, fatty foods like heavy cheese, meat, pasta dishes. And so much less food satisfies me lately. Which doesn't mean that I don't have cravings, but when I'm on track, I can satisfy them legally.

So nope, I won't kill you, Amira, lol...you're young, you have lots of time to get healthy (although I don't know the shape you're in now). There's a lot people can get away with when they're young, but oh, boy! It's a whole other story as they age! Just ask me!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I know that I am an emotional eater and that I'm not trying hard to lose weight, but most of the food that I have eaten today wasn't good for me. I've spent most of the day crying. I found out in the middle of the night that a friend's cancer has returned aggressively and she has been told to call her family. She is now in the hospital and not expected to make the week. She lives in Saskatoon, so I won't be able to say goodbye in person. A 93yr old lady in town whom we are close with is in our local hospital and she might not be able to continue living independently. Dh's grandpa has been in the hospital for the last 3.5months and they still don't have a diagnosis; he's lost 40lbs. I just feel drained. We had planned on having a big salad with chicken tonight, but I think we might order pizza or something. We can always have the salad another day. All 3 of my children are asleep, so I should try to grab a nap since I got a total 4.5hrs sleep last night. Please pray for my friends.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Hang on, Sheets, lol...up waaaaay too early with Grandson here!

But I do agree with you about cottage cheese...love the stuff! Did I mention that I also like it spread onto legal toast and topped with fruit or just cinnamon and nuked a bit? I mix it with diced cantaloupe, too...low points and yummy!

Shoot, I joined WW here again. For a total of about $75, for a month membership, I also bought the best tool, their food points calculator. It looks lIke a mini calculator, but just asks for the grams of sugar, etc in a food, and poof, you get its points! I am going to love having it at a grocery store!! So easy to check if I want to buy that box of crackers or not!

Time to make breakfast for the little guy! Pyjama day at school today...good thing it's mild!
    I never thought to use it as a spread!! Great idea, I'm going to try it on toast tomorrow morning

Quote Originally Posted by Kyles_Mama View Post
    Happy Friday everyone! Happy to report that I'm already down 7 lbs and I'm feeling great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yay!!!

Quote Originally Posted by toronto166 View Post
    @harbie....hope your surgery is a success @sheetsofemptycanvas - have fun on your date

To the rest of you ladies...thank you for all your support. Just popped in to say good morning and I weighed myself this morning. I know it's all water but I was down 2 pounds. Breakfast was a hard boiled egg with a slice of toast and a cup of coffee. I have a sandwich for lunch with roasted chicken deli meat...no butter nor mayonnaise. I actually have just started drinking water. I absolutely despise water but I have to try so I'm urinating a lot. Will try to throw in some exercise this weekend. Hope you all have a wonderful day!!!
    Good for you! I love boiled eggs, such a filling breakfast. I hear you on the water thing, I avoid drinking too much because I have an over active bladder to begin with

Quote Originally Posted by curt81 View Post
    I went through a pretty dark period myself but I've come out of it on top! Glad to have you on this journey with us

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I know that I am an emotional eater and that I'm not trying hard to lose weight, but most of the food that I have eaten today wasn't good for me. I've spent most of the day crying. I found out in the middle of the night that a friend's cancer has returned aggressively and she has been told to call her family. She is now in the hospital and not expected to make the week. She lives in Saskatoon, so I won't be able to say goodbye in person. A 93yr old lady in town whom we are close with is in our local hospital and she might not be able to continue living independently. Dh's grandpa has been in the hospital for the last 3.5months and they still don't have a diagnosis; he's lost 40lbs. I just feel drained. We had planned on having a big salad with chicken tonight, but I think we might order pizza or something. We can always have the salad another day. All 3 of my children are asleep, so I should try to grab a nap since I got a total 4.5hrs sleep last night. Please pray for my friends.
    I'll definitely be praying for your friends and for you. *big hugs*
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Well, tonight is the "big date"!! We're just going to a local golf course for supper and they do have some healthy options on the menu... I hope he orders chicken wings so I can nab a few
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Page 9 of 49 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information