User Tag List

Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree3103Likes

Thread: Dear 2016: I promise to do better this year! To get healthier! Let the games begin!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    agreed and Plus 1^^ @SassyAshley The fast food ingredients are packed with the bad stuff, that is why many people find them irresistible
    ( delicious extra fats ). DH and I have quite a few GC's for many restaurants that were obtained over Christmas but I will be choosing wisely with my Smartpoints when we dine heading straight for the lean protein ( steak or chicken breast ) adding lots of " clean " veggies ( I'll request that they do not butter them ) or a garden salad, dressing on the side, and skip the carbs altogether.
    Just as satisfying to me.

So I am OVER THE MOON!! I found my leg braces! ( I knew they were buried way back with my uniforms ( retirement crap ) in a spot you can only get at while half hunched over ( a crawlspace? ) Well I sat on my tushie and 1 by 1 removed " walls " of stuff to retrieve them. You know when you are searching for something and you almost give up? Then suddenly you see the tip of it ( and these are a very distinct blue ) so I knew it was them. I scared Hamlet when I squealed!!
    I am sitting here now with NO PAIN!! lol. I know the leg pain is still stabbing me but I cannot feel it at all with the brace straps securing the plastic form hugging the whole area. What a find!! I actually forgot I had these or that they might even help me.
    Yay, you, Walks!! What a relief that must be for you; but don't push it, okay? No pain doesn't mean everything is okay and you can go trotting along behind your doggies....Take care, my Friend.

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

I was actually shocked at all the crap that was in fast food... I mean, I KNOW it's bad for you but I'm such a sucker for a big mac lol. For awhile I was getting a cheeseburger happy meal and tricking myself into thinking it was healthier... smaller burger, less fries, etc. Boy, was I ever wrong! For me it was the convenience... I could grab a burger and scarf it down on the road between clients... I've found it just as easy to munch on veggies while I'm on the road!

Lynn- I think the idea is to eat the oats cold but I'm gonna toss it in the microwave

I calculated my smart points and I'm allotted 37 but that seems awful high to me so I'm trying to stick with 25-30. I've been grabbing a piece of fruit or some veggies during the day when I'm craving a snack. I LOVE that "apple pie"!!!!

WOB- glad the brace makes a difference! Are you doing any sort of physio? (Sorry, the PSW in me is coming out LOL)
    harbie, Lynn49, walkonby and 2 others like this.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Happy you found some relief Walks

I think one of the biggest thing is convince but even more is we as a society no longer look at the fundamentals. The number of people I know who cannot cook is astonishing. I know so many people who say they are having a home cooked meal and what they mean if they bought something prepared and are cooking it in their oven. Or they say they are eating healthy and by that they mean they are getting a sub for dinner instead of another form of take out.

As a society we are all about convince. I am 31 and remember growing up granted I lived in the boonies there were only a couple options for eating out and only pizza delivered and now everyone delivers and it seems like every time I turn around a new restaurant is opening.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Walkonby- YAY! So happy you found the braces are aren't in pain now and I agree with Lynn, please take it easy and don't push too hard.

McDonald's and other places like that are addicting. Junk food is an addiction for so many. Like illegal drugs you can suffer withdrawals and a host of other side effects when you stop. I did the Dr. Bernstein diet back before I got married and I can tell you from personal experience that you do "detox" yourself of the sugar and fat and it is hard! Let's just say there was lots of tears and actual physical sickness like headaches, etc.... For a lot of people it's also just so much easier to hit the drive thru on the way home rather than have to shop, meal plan, prep and cook.

We just finished the last part of our walk today and the total distance for the day is................ 11.4km! . Once we started the second walk we just couldn't stop. The weather was amazing! Tonight is going to be grilled turkey breast with the butternut squash, quinoa and kale salad I made for lunch today and for dessert, a big cup of peppermint tea with fresh mint added

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Today's walk. How can you not walk with weather like this?!?!

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  151.4 KB

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Harbie: I an soo jealous. winter is back in southwestern Ontario. It was 6 degrees this morning & now the wind is just howling. I just did 3 km and came in for dinner. I will go back out later to get the rest of my steps in.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Happy you found some relief Walks

I think one of the biggest thing is convince but even more is we as a society no longer look at the fundamentals. The number of people I know who cannot cook is astonishing. I know so many people who say they are having a home cooked meal and what they mean if they bought something prepared and are cooking it in their oven. Or they say they are eating healthy and by that they mean they are getting a sub for dinner instead of another form of take out.

As a society we are all about convince. I am 31 and remember growing up granted I lived in the boonies there were only a couple options for eating out and only pizza delivered and now everyone delivers and it seems like every time I turn around a new restaurant is opening.
    I agree with you, and it actually irks me. Cooking is a skill that's so easily mastered... I think some people are just too lazy to bother I've been cooking with my kids ever since they were little and they're both pretty good little chefs!

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    Today's walk. How can you not walk with weather like this?!?!

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  151.4 KB
    Oh wow, that's gorgeous! You must feel so good after walking that far

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Harbie: I an soo jealous. winter is back in southwestern Ontario. It was 6 degrees this morning & now the wind is just howling. I just did 3 km and came in for dinner. I will go back out later to get the rest of my steps in.
    Yeah, winter's back here too Not looking forward to going out this morning, we had a flash freeze last night
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Just a quick post this morning! Back to the grind today, yuck Have a good day all!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    Up and out as always had to commute to one of our other locations which surprisingly was not bad due to as many have said winter is back.

I am not working out right now and would not even consider starting until I get my health in check, right now I would probably cause more issues then help. With that being said when I get to the point I can work out I find it is important for myself to find something I can do inside at home so there are no excuses like the weather or not making it to the gym that night. I am very realistic and know a gym would never work for me, I am one of these people that after work I like to get home, get dinner started and I do not go back out once I get home. I have learned the best work outs for me are in my home so I can get dinner in the oven get my work out in and carry on with my night. But right now I think that is still a ways off.
    harbie, Lynn49 and toronto166 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, everyone!!!!!

Yep that freeze, ice-storm, white crap, blowing white crap, and howling winds hit us yesterday, too. Looks like winter has finally decided to show up, dang it. I truly hate it. I had wanted to go to Fabricville (aka Fabricland) and pick up some knit fabrics to sew a few nice t-shirts with no sequins, foil prints of lions, or 'sayings' on them, which are impossible to find out there in plus sizes but.....gulp....it's cold out there! I hear Hubby snow-blowing out the driveway, since he asked me if I still want to go, so....we're going!! The sales are great anyway, and even though I likely don't need any more fabric.....I mean...how much IS too much, really???

Okay, troops!!!!
    Week 2 for most of us! Got menus at the ready? Determination in place?
    Then we're all set to get through our second skirmish of, what I think will be, for most of us, a prolonged, but successful engagement!!

Keep up the great work, don't negate all the good stuff you did last week, and have a wonderful day!!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

A little smile for you today!!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^^^ thanks for the morning giggle Lynn! Yup week two and we are off and running! Well I say that sitting here but in my head I am running.
    My first massage today hooray!! ( I don't mean first ever, just first in along while ) have a great day everyone!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Hey everyone! I'd love to jump on this thread with you all. Getting back in shape has been on the back of my mind for a while now. I have access to a gym at work (for free) so I really have no excuses.

Today's the first day back to work after my Christmas vacation so its time to get started. I've brought my gym bag and will make my way to down later this afternoon. Later tonight, I need to sit down and meal plan for the week. Yoga starts on Wednesday.

My biggest problem is that I don't really know what to do once I get to the gym. I usually settle for the treadmill or elliptical, but I'm not really targeting the areas that I want to target that way.
    harbie, Lynn49, Kyles_Mama and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Well THAT worked out nicely!! I'm back from buying more fabric, new needles, threads, patterns and can't wait to cut something out! Hubby drove me because the roads, particularly the corners, are so icy and he also walked me from the van to Fabricland so that I wouldn't fall; once you've broken a leg or something ice is your worst fear! Stairs are a close second for me...

WALKS!! Nice to see you back, my Friend!! Enjoy your massage, I hope it relaxes a few of those muscles.

Beckie, no matter what you do at the gym, you're going to get results. The treadmill is great for cardio, and weights, including leg presses with weights will do wonders for your "spots" that you want to deal with. When I was in shape...ohhhhhh some time ago...I was a gym rat for a season and loved it. There was a trainer there who taught me a "circuit" that I did each time and boy...nice results! Now that's pretty much out of the question. But for you, fantastic! And free!
    There must be somewhere on line that can take you through a video of circuit training...everything else is on here, so why not?! Good luck and welcome!!

Okay! Must go lay out fabric and pattern...can't wait! And painting classes start on Thursday again!

Enjoy the day, everyone!!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Mon, Jan 11th, 2016 at 12:26 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Sorry this is so large, but maybe it's large because it's so important;
    I may print
    this out and put it on my fridge......

Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information