User Tag List

Page 23 of 49 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast
Like Tree3103Likes

Thread: Dear 2016: I promise to do better this year! To get healthier! Let the games begin!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Thanks Lynn, yes it does feel so good , I really have never struggled a lot with weight until I hit 50 and then last year with quitting smoking and having the cardiac stents done I just ballooned up to 190 pounds, my full term pregnancy weight at 40 years old was 160 pounds. I do have height on my side I am a little over 5'6" so not short for sure. I would love to see 150 pounds and know I am in this for the long haul. I know I am moving a lot more now that my meds have been regulated and I have energy to burn some of those calories off!!
    Congrats Lynn that is a lot of weight in four weeks, keep it up!!
    Gosh, you've been through a lot this past while, Thriftygranny and as someone who knows, I totally understand how easy it is to gain weight when there's some medical issue. I can't believe it'll be 2 years in May since I broke this dang leg and although I'm walking almost like a normal person, I still won't venture onto the streets to walk Jenny by myself. Shopping and parking lots are just fine, however!

With your height, you still must look pretty darn good at that weight but if you feel yucky carrying around then yep, time to make some changes. I didn't give myself a goal weight...it just seems too far away if I wanted to go back to my svelte self in my 40s and earlier, and I'm not sure I even want to! A certain size in clothing is what I'm aiming for and I'll be happy there.

Take care, TG...you're doing brilliantly!!
    ROMEO, harbie and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

ROMEO and harbie like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

harbie and SassyAshley like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oh you said it Lynn! ( about Curt! ) he lost a ton of weight before and was the only one keeping the other thread going at one point. This time it was the injury to my back that gave me a wake up call! I do not want to be like that for the rest of my retirement, ( I mean at risk of pulling muscles and stuff from being inactivite ) so that was what sparked me into action again.
    Well that and Oprah beckoned me from the tv in my late night fog and VOILA! Honestly though I would not have joined WW if they had not changed their calculations, I am very happy they are using SP now. I think I already voiced my opinions on their old system which really did not consider sugar and sat fats as being unhealthy.
    harbie, Lynn49 and SassyAshley like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Found a nice tray of baby eggplants on the reduced rack that were crying for me to scoop them up and take them home. ( I'll buy that for a buck! )
    Just sliced them into halves, seasoned and sprinkled a little this and that on them, 2 cheeses!! and salsa, my new friend. Very tasty and 2 halves barely registered a SP!
    My favourite way to do eggplants is saute thinly sliced japanese eggplants and poach an egg on top. Zucchini is great this way too, and fried iceberg is also great with eggs.
    harbie, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

I'm a firm believer that if you can spell with your food.....
    Name:  7265_10153696433885258_1382625307_n.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  16.3 KB

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

hee hee, I emailed my " lose10lbs " refund form to WW this a.m. Success is mine! I lost 3.5 lbs this week for a total loss of 13.5 lbs since joining Jan 1st!! ( o.k. well Jan 2nd really, with Happy New Year and all that ). Sure feels good. The tummy isn't gurgling and bloated, THAT feeling is priceless. My journey is a long one this time around with lbs to lose so committed to the 6th months membership plan.

Happy Caturday to everyone!!

It is nasty bitter cold again!!
    Mia001, TaraF, harbie and 4 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Congratulations, Walkonby!!
    I was wondering why I didn't receive the same offer as you! You got a really good deal there, and I'm really THRILLED that you like the program! I'm finding it so easy, I'm not missing any foods. Well, I've deleted some foods from our menus but I sure don't miss them!
    Like you said: no bloating, not much of an icky tummy (I wish that could go away permanently)...at least it's not as bad as it was, and I know you know exactly what I'm talking about!
    I'm 15lbs from the lowest I weighed before my fall almost TWO years ago. I can't believe it's been that long and I'm just stating to feel more confident walking...or will be when this crappy white stuff dies.

I hope everyone else is experiencing what Walkonby and I, and I think Thriftygranny too, are experiencing! "Priceless" is bang on, Walks!!
    harbie, walkonby and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Sad but true, for many people addicted to fast foods....

harbie, walkonby and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Yesterday was a day of running errands all day but I did get 4km in. I can't believe I've walked a min of 4 km everyday and mostly more than 4km. I proud of myself for going out rain, shine,pain or heartache. I've done it!

Heading out to walk down to DH's work and we'll walk home (hope the rain stays away).

My meals today haven't been good. I've been up since 5am and only had a big smoothie with chai seeds around 12:30-1:00 so I'm hungry a bit. So I can't wait for dinner tonight

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I was excited about dinner tonight and it didn't disappoint. I made the sauce from the Chews General Tsao and served it over some grilled chicken and cauliflower rice. Yum oh yum!!!!! It was so good and no heavy bloated feeling after.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  75.8 KB

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Harbie, YUM!!! That's picture perfect!
    We're slow cooking a pork loin today and ricing a cauliflower to 'fry' with veggies.

Is this the first time you've riced cauliflower? Did you enjoy it?

SO early...but thank heavens I woke up from a bad dream. Two wedding dreams in a row, both more like nightmares! I think I retired just in time, lol!

Have a wonderful day, everyone...I hope it's a relaxing one.
    ROMEO, harbie, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

I will admit to being a bit discouraged at the moment. Ok. A lot discouraged. Despite what I think has been a really good effort all month I'm only at 1lb lost total since January 1. I'm not understanding it. My husband, bless his heart, had purchased 2 packs of 3 peanut butter cups for me about 2 weeks ago and I thanked him,but asked him to stop. He replied "I'm sabotaging you, aren't I?" Having said that, surprisingly there are "only" 26 carbs in the whole pack of 3. So when my blood sugars dipped to 3.8 one night I grabbed a packed. I figured the sugar rush would bring it up and I had a lower carb day so those 26 carbs shouldn't derail me. I'm exercising daily, at least 4-6kms of walking. At some point between that point and now I ate the other 3pack to get it out of the house and because I was feeling deflated.

That's where I'm at. January 24 and only 1lb down since January 1. I applaud all of you that have stuck with it regardless of the results that you've had. I plan to stick with it myself. I don't have a choice. When my hubby and I are out I am going to pick up a pedometer. Nothing fancy like the fitbit, just an old fashioned pedometer to count my steps. We plan to walk the stairs/floors of the apartment here when the weather is crappy like today. I'm just itchin for spring.

Name:  5.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  41.3 KB

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

I gather that superpoints are really a war on carbs, fought with vegetables?

I am on a real food kick: my strategy is pretty well this: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/21/up...ting.html?_r=1

Anything that is processed and comes with a nutrition panel (I mean things with more than 1 ingredient) I log the package size, serving size, kcal per serving and total kcal per package. When you see the calories add up per package you will be shamed away from processed foods, I promise!
    ROMEO, harbie, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@TaraF I'm sorry your in a slump. I can't comment on specie weight loss numbers but that is because I don't know how much I've lost. I chose NOT to be specific in counting calories or doing the WW point system. For me I know it's not going to work in the long run. I need to change my eating habits/relationship with food and be more active. I can tell you I feel like a different person with tha changes I've made. I've increased my cardio health immensely and can notice it by being able to speed walk with DH and not panting like I'm in cardiac arrest! My tummy doesn't stick out as far (small change but still noticeable to me and DH).

Just remember to make healthy food choices and be active every.single.day. no matter what the weather or excuse is. You don't always have to walk, like you said you can climb the stairs or even go mall walking. I alway try to remember that not one does everyone loose at a different rate(DH is already down one belt hole) but also I didn't gain this weight in a few months so it won't melt away in a few months. It all take time. Try to stay postive and don't give up

Page 23 of 49 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread Information