User Tag List

Page 29 of 49 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast
Like Tree3103Likes

Thread: Dear 2016: I promise to do better this year! To get healthier! Let the games begin!!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

hmmmm.....trying to " justify " eating some today....ha ha NO!! I am not but this was a cute article

http://livethesmartway.com/is-chocolate-a-vegetable/
    harbie, Lynn49 and SassyAshley like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I had a nice chicken wrap for lunch and when waitress asked if I wanted Bacon I said no.
    harbie, Angela273, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

And don't confuse my chicken wrap with my vegan blog lol. I'm trying to be vegan but I'm not there 100% just yet.
    harbie, Angela273, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    I had a nice chicken wrap for lunch and when waitress asked if I wanted Bacon I said no.
    YAY, YOU, Cabmonk!!!
    I bet you felt very virtuous declining that bacon!!

I sure do applaud you for attempting to go vegan; I never could...the thought of never having cheese, or eggs ever again gives me the shakes!! With me, it's everything in moderation. Except for chips. I've never eaten those in moderation.

Walkonby, don't you dare!! {{{checking the points for dark chocolate}}} ...1oz=8 points. Nope. Not worth it. I'll just take the raspberries, thankew, stirred into "sweetened" yogurt or Cool Whip.

So how is everyone doing??!! I've been so busy lately, I mean...isn't retirement supposed to be lived at a slower pace? You'd thing after 15 years, we'd get the hang of this!!

Walkonby has been encouraging about trying new recipes...heavens the ideas that gal comes up with!! So I did find a couple today I want to try:

MooShuVegetables
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/mo...egetables.html
    As much as I adore Hoisin, I'll have to check the points on the bottle...1/4 of the recipe shouldn't be too bad, though

Kielbasa, Sauerkraut and Swiss Casserole
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/ki...casserole.html
    (all ingredients would be low fat or eliminated )
    ROMEO, harbie, Angela273 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

ROMEO, harbie, Angela273 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

ROMEO, harbie, Angela273 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I'm thinking of hauling out my juicer. I used to juice, but found it a bit of a nuisance. However, not working anymore, I have time (do I??!!) to fiddle with veggies and fruits, and perhaps have a glass of green juice in the morning....or I could just buy green powder. Or green capsules......le sigh....
    ROMEO, harbie, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I currently have home made hamburger soup simmering on the stove. Dh doesn't really like cooked tomatoes, so I know that I will be eating most of this myself. I'm thing of freezing a yogurt container full into the freezer so that I don't get too tired of it. I do most of the cooking at our house.
    ROMEO, harbie, walkonby and 1 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    I'm thinking of hauling out my juicer. I used to juice, but found it a bit of a nuisance. However, not working anymore, I have time (do I??!!) to fiddle with veggies and fruits, and perhaps have a glass of green juice in the morning....or I could just buy green powder. Or green capsules......le sigh....
    decisions, decisions eh Lynn? Well I LOVED my mean green juice, ( kale, spinach, celery, cucumber, fresh basil, one peeled whole lemon and enough apple to take the green edge off! ) just have not had too many lately. I can say there keep you filled, I do know that much. Never tried a green powdered version or capsules though??

oh and @cabmonk !! Congrats on the baby steps in declining the bacon! Those small changes will add up!
    ROMEO, harbie, Angela273 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    decisions, decisions eh Lynn? Well I LOVED my mean green juice, ( kale, spinach, celery, cucumber, fresh basil, one peeled whole lemon and enough apple to take the green edge off! ) just have not had too many lately. I can say there keep you filled, I do know that much. Never tried a green powdered version or capsules though??

oh and @cabmonk !! Congrats on the baby steps in declining the bacon! Those small changes will add up!
    Walks....you mean, 'those small changes will subtract!", right?

It's so true, though, sometimes the small changes, built up over time, really make the difference.
    And I know that you found this, too....there are so many low calorie and no-fat alternatives (watch the added sugars, though!) to our usual high-fat choices, just subbing them into our normal recipes is simply eating healthier and the weight drops off as a bonus!

What's better than that??!

No fat Pringles. That's what.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good fine morning, everyone!!!

Just had my toasted Wowbutter and banana sandwich for a fairly late breakfast, but I'll have to squeeze lunch in somewhere if I'm to reach all my points today...And how is everyone else doing today??
    harbie, Angela273 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Good fine morning, everyone!!!

Just had my toasted Wowbutter and banana sandwich for a fairly late breakfast, but I'll have to squeeze lunch in somewhere if I'm to reach all my points today...And how is everyone else doing today??

So far it has been a protein sort of day?? The swimming seems to have boosted my appetite quite a bit and I am craving protein when I get back home. Cannot eat any breakfast before going because I don't want to " bloat when I float" , but once back here I woofed back a cold salmon burger patty ( no bun ) while waiting for my other food to warm up!
    Trying to hydrate now with a few litres of cold water, sip sip sip till late afternoon maybe.
    harbie, Angela273, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    So far it has been a protein sort of day?? The swimming seems to have boosted my appetite quite a bit and I am craving protein when I get back home. Cannot eat any breakfast before going because I don't want to " bloat when I float" , but once back here I woofed back a cold salmon burger patty ( no bun ) while waiting for my other food to warm up!
    Trying to hydrate now with a few litres of cold water, sip sip sip till late afternoon maybe.
    A....a cold salmon patty?! With like nothing on it??! Eek....I do make salmon burgers, but I don't think I could eat a cold one...you ARE dedicated, Walkonby!!
    As swimming....as you get more svelte you won't have as much...um..fluff to keep you afloat = even more paddling around, harder workouts!! Yay!

Oooo...I love the Ronettes!! I've got Acuradio, 64 Once More...ahhh...grade 9..."Walkin' In The Rain"...good times, my Friends......Ronnie Spector...too cute, LOL!!!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@cabmonk yay for declining bacon. Small changes make a big difference!
    @walkonby bloat float is the worst
    @Lynn49 thank you for all the inspiring quotes. They really help me keep moving forward towards my goal
    @Angela273 Mmmmmmmm hamburger soup sounds so delish right now
    Last edited by harbie; Wed, Feb 17th, 2016 at 05:10 PM.
    Angela273, Lynn49, cabmonk and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

So I just got back from my 12 day post op visit with my surgeon and it's all good. She's still waiting for the complete pathology results from the biopsy so fingers crossed that it will be all clear. She is very happy with the recovery process and the incisions,etc.

So just before leaving I asked one of the nurses if I could check my weight. I got a funny look because she said not many women are that eager to jump on the scale but I was. Drumroll please.......... I lost 8lbs from my pre admin at the hospital (my last weigh in) . So in total I'm down 13 lbs since Jan 3rd ish. I'm so freaking happy!!!!! I've tried to maintain my good eating habits while recovering and I've done quite well even while having a few cheats like the A&W teen burger I had 2 days ago (it was my first burger since mid December so I'd earned it ). My walking is nowhere near what it used to be and I'm still not cleared for return to the gym but I am walking little bits every day and multiple times a day. I'm so proud of myself!!!! Now to celebrate with a HUGE ice cream sundae lol J/K

Page 29 of 49 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast

Thread Information