User Tag List

Page 37 of 49 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast
Like Tree3103Likes

Thread: Dear 2016: I promise to do better this year! To get healthier! Let the games begin!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    yup! ^^ I also line my bucket on the Breville Juicer, makes the clean up that much easier doesn't it? However, when I am making up enough to fill two large pitchers I must empty that liner at least 2 times and then on the 3rd time it reaches the top it gets tossed bag and all into the food waste bucket .
    I figured you probably knew, lol...gosh don't we go through veggies, though?! Your mean green juice contains most of the veggies I use, but I do a lot of tweaking, adding this instead of that...love ginger and a handful of parsley, cucumber, parsnips...I had a few collard leaves left over (kept behind, ) and used those this morning...always a fruit, apple, pear, I had a hand full of blackberries this morning, strawberries...but always carrots, celery, spinach. So much fun! Not th cleanup, though, nope.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

@walkonby if you keep losing weight like this you are soon going to have to change your screen name here to meltedaway lol Seriously though you are ROCKIN it! Awesome job!

I set up a little corner in our sitting room (only place available) to exercise here at home. I have a few old dumbbells that I can still use so that is good. I also have my mat, workout videos, health walker, and it's a private room that I can BLAST music in while I do it. My hubby and I decided to check out World Gym because they seem to offer more that will benefit us and we can go together. We'll have unlimited access to the gym, hydra massage, and with PT training sessions for BOTH of us it will be cheaper than the place I originally looked at. Here is what my little corner looks like in my sitting room. Note the motivation on the wall.
    Name:  corner2.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  84.0 KB

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    My absolute favourites are the "Heritage The Rock" ones...not the ones that are almost the same name by another company. These at regular price are about $100+, but they often go on sale for far less, closer to the $30 mark. If they made a whole set of the, I'd buy them!! I have both sizes and never, ever use any other pan we have. Ever! They're extremely heavy, can go from stove to oven, clean-up is a breeze, and yes, I COULD do a commercial for them!
    http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/he...-1427073p.html
    The 12" frying pan is on sale for $34.99 right now. I might just need to pick it up before the sale is over. The 10" one is on sale for $29.99.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Mar 16th, 2016 at 12:45 PM.
    Lynn49 and Davetherave like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    The 12" frying pan is on sale for $34.99 right now. I might just need to pick it up before the sale is over. The 10" one is on sale for $29.99.
    RUN, don't walk and pick them up! From my experience, there are never enough....!!!
    Angela273 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TaraF View Post
    I'm with Lynn on the Rock! I purchased my first one at Canadian Tire recently and Oh-Em-Gee! I made eggs this morning for my hubby and I and they were amazing! No oil at all. I'm amazed. We paid (on sale) $29 for the small one, that was at around 80% off! Next sale I am buying the larger size so it can help me achieve a smaller size.
    I just purchased the 12" pan, hopefully one of my other lids will fit it. I took some pictures. Someone on here posted about wanting to buy a whole set if they had one, and Canadian Tire does have one. $179.99 instead of the regular $599.99, sale valid until March 31. I just bought an entire set of stainless steel pots and pans last year from CT, so I'm not sure that I can justify buying a whole set again right now. I have the one new pan to try for now.

Name:  IMG_0764.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  68.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0767.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  73.1 KB
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Mar 17th, 2016 at 02:46 PM.
    TaraF and SassyAshley like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I just purchased the 12" pan, hopefully one of my other lids will fit it. I took some pictures. Someone on here posted about wanting to buy a whole set if they had one, and Canadian Tire does have one. $179.99 instead of the regular $599.99, sale valid until March 31. I just bought an entire set of stainless steel pots and pans last year from CT, so I'm not sure that I can justify buying a whole set again right now. I have the one new pan to try for now.
    You're going to LOVE IT!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

So, down 1.1 lbs this week, which means I've lost 5 lbs in the past two weeks..after last week's loss of
    3.9 I wasn't too hopeful of any loss, so I'll sure take the 1.1!!

Once I'm going for walks again it'll help tone me up, but for now, those 23 or so pounds are gone!!!

How was everyone else's week??
    TaraF, Angela273, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Great job Lynn! When are you able to get out and walk again? Or are you just waiting for some clear sidewalks?

Hubby and I got the gym memberships, AND we managed to drag my Aunt, her husband and my Mom. MY MOM into getting one as well! WAHOO! My hubby and I meet with the Personal trainer on Thursday to get our fitness assessments (lord help us) lol and talk $$$ for sessions. This assessment is actually going to be good. They not only weigh you and tell you your body fat percentage, they test your fitness ability and put together a workout plan to do at the gym. AND a DIET PLAN! I'm kind of excited. The staff seem so incredibly helpful and nice. What I really like is that aside from the main gym there is a woman's only section, which is where I TOTALLY plan to do my PT sessions. haha.

We are heading to the gym first thing in the morning, 4 out of the 5 of us. It's nice that they are open 24 hours as well.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TaraF View Post
    Great job Lynn! When are you able to get out and walk again? Or are you just waiting for some clear sidewalks?

Hubby and I got the gym memberships, AND we managed to drag my Aunt, her husband and my Mom. MY MOM into getting one as well! WAHOO! My hubby and I meet with the Personal trainer on Thursday to get our fitness assessments (lord help us) lol and talk $$$ for sessions. This assessment is actually going to be good. They not only weigh you and tell you your body fat percentage, they test your fitness ability and put together a workout plan to do at the gym. AND a DIET PLAN! I'm kind of excited. The staff seem so incredibly helpful and nice. What I really like is that aside from the main gym there is a woman's only section, which is where I TOTALLY plan to do my PT sessions. haha.

We are heading to the gym first thing in the morning, 4 out of the 5 of us. It's nice that they are open 24 hours as well.
    Whoa! Congratulations on not only your personal motivation, but motivating others to get healthy, too!!!
    I wish you all the success in the world! But remember: exercise won't out-run bad eating habits...but I'm pretty sure you know that already. Good luck, Hon!!

As for my walking, I think it's pretty much here! My back, which I stupidly injured by deciding I was 20 again and able to carry 4 grocery bags of food from the van to the house, then hoist them onto the counter-top and which resulted in a horrible "shredded" back is just about back to normal.
    Yes, the ice concerned me but the streets are clear now, and I'm not afraid of Jenny pulling on her leash and pulling on my back, so...it's just about here! She actually walks to the extend of her flexi-leash, then stops, waits for me to catch up, then continues on her way. I really shouldn't be scared.

Now....it was freezing here today. It registered only -8, but with the wind-chill it was -17, and I did have to go to WW for my weigh-in and then to do some quick shopping.

I think it's time, Tara....I'm a little scared of walking Jenny on a leash and I know my DH will go with me the first time to make sure that her pulling me along, lol, won't hurt my back or throw me off balance...I still have no feeling at the bottom of my right foot so walking is interesting to say the least and I'm tentative sometimes, but I should get over that if I want go keep moving. I can't walk bare-footed in the house because that foot feels like I'm walking on a gravel path; I guess that nerve was severed during one of the three surgeries I had...I was hoping it would regenerate, but ... it hasn't.

Good luck with your fitness goals and those of your family...you've been through a lot and I know that you feel it's time to get onto a better track now and move forward...all the best, Sweetie!
    TaraF, Angela273, beckie.c and 1 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@TaraF !!! Oh I am so happy that not only have your got your DH on board but also others!! This should make a huge difference in your success ( all are accountable for what they eat and exercise should give you all energy! )
    The ladies only side of the gym is perfect for those of us that like that sort of privacy. I am pulling for you all the way my Dear!
    @Lynn49 woot! woot! ANY lbs gone is a WIN!! I only lost 1.5 lbs this week ( much like you I did something silly by thinking I was 20 again ) so my sore back threw me into a bad place mentally and I ate some things I should not have. Lucky that I lost anything really?
    Oh and this weekend marks my total loss of 30.2 lbs!!
    Good luck for next week everyone!!
    Last edited by walkonby; Sat, Mar 19th, 2016 at 12:32 PM.
    TaraF, Angela273, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Walkonby...."only" 1.5 lbs?? Tsk, tsk, tsk......there's no "only" in that loss, Sweetie!! A pound and a half of butter you don't have to carry around anymore? Priceless!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Walkonby...."only" 1.5 lbs?? Tsk, tsk, tsk......there's no "only" in that loss, Sweetie!! A pound and a half of butter you don't have to carry around anymore? Priceless!!
    see? THIS is what it is like to live in my head! I am the worst critic....I step on the scale saying " you don't deserve to lose anything after downing that piece of pie " and then when I come up a tad short of the 2 lbs I do exactly what you said....call it ONLY a loss of 1.5
    Thanks once again for the encouragement reminder Lynn.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    see? THIS is what it is like to live in my head! I am the worst critic....I step on the scale saying " you don't deserve to lose anything after downing that piece of pie " and then when I come up a tad short of the 2 lbs I do exactly what you said....call it ONLY a loss of 1.5
    Thanks once again for the encouragement reminder Lynn.
    Walkonby....here's a little more encouragement for you (us!)..

Every pound of excess weight exerts about 4 pounds of extrapressure on the knees. So a person who is 10 pounds overweight has 40 pounds of extra pressure on his knees; if a person is 100 poundsoverweight, that is 400 pounds of extra pressure on his knees.
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sat, Mar 19th, 2016 at 04:43 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Remember...they mean every single size...10, 11, 12, 13, 14, etc...

TaraF, Angela273, beckie.c and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Congrats to all you for continuing to do so great! I'm keeping moving over here

About one more month until our local farmers market starts up their Wednesday morning outdoor markets. I love the fresh air, and greenhouse veggies/herbs in the spring I always find it easier to eat more veggies in the spring/summer.
    Last edited by beckie.c; Mon, Mar 21st, 2016 at 01:56 PM.
    TaraF, Angela273, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Page 37 of 49 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast

Thread Information