User Tag List

Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 LastLast
Like Tree3103Likes

Thread: Dear 2016: I promise to do better this year! To get healthier! Let the games begin!!!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Thanks, sure I like sugary stuff like desserts and pop and also salty snacks so everything bad for me.
    Angela273, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lol...welcome to OUR world!!
    Angela273 and cabmonk like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Since DH has been laid up ( back ) since June 24th, my entire routine has shifted ( I wish I was a better nurse....lol ) and although the meal planning and prep has involved some great garden goodies from out back there are still so many desserts and snacky items finding their way into my tummy.....sigh.
    Of the original 33 lbs I dropped, just 6 have found there way back onto my ....ahem, backside. It was to be expected I suppose.
    Angela273 likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I went shopping for new to me clothes this morning. Many of my pants and shorts are quite ill fitting. If I don't do up a belt I could pull my bottoms off without undoing them. I actually found 3 pairs of shorts for $3 each at Salvation Army, two size 12, one size 10M (whatever that means). They are a tad snug, but I guess that's better than being super loose. I also bought a pink tank top for $1.50, size L. I am happy with my finds.

My SIL is back in the hospital. She was coughing up blood, so she was intubated for another two weeks. She is starting to stand again. Their family now plans on selling their house in Estevan in order to permanently move closer to the hospital in Regina. I am close to this brother and his family is my only local relatives. This puts stress on me and I know that I am an emotional eater at times.

edit: I bought a vegetable spiralizer from Dollarama for $3. I used it to turn young yellow zucchini into speghettini like noodles. I've got way too much veggies in my garden and I haven't been in the mood for much salad lately. My friends get free organic produce.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Aug 6th, 2016 at 11:01 PM.
    walkonby likes this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

passin through.......no encouraging updates....happy hump day!!

Angela273 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I had a health scare on the weekend, my GP is ordering ultrasounds to try to figure things out. I weighed myself while at his office this afternoon. I have lost 2.8lbs since July 6, which I am happy about. I have 2lbs to go until I get to my pre-twin pregnancy weight. I weigh about 7lbs more now than I did when I graduated high school.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Aug 17th, 2016 at 08:42 PM.
    walkonby likes this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My wedding anniversary is 1wk away. It has me thinking about if I would still fit into my beautiful wedding dress with a zippered back. I have 3 measurements that were recorded in August of that year, so I just attempted to retake those measurements myself. Based off this comparison I have lost 4" and 19lbs since my wedding day, even after giving birth to our 3 precious children.

Compared to April 2016, my measurement at my belly button is now 1 3/4" smaller and I weigh 6lbs less. This is proof that my belly is still shrinking since the birth of our twins, 1yr ago. I wore one of my short sleeved blouses yesterday and it was very loose. Easy to nurse in, but not very flattering. I don't have a particular reason to replace my dress clothes right now, but I'll still keep an eye out at thrift stores.
    walkonby likes this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

For those who are doing weight watchers or enjoy their recipes, here is a blog that you might enjoy.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/baked-zuc...sticks-13-pts/
    Lynn49 likes this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    For those who are doing weight watchers or enjoy their recipes, here is a blog that you might enjoy.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/baked-zuc...sticks-13-pts/
    yes!! Angela I made that type of snack during the Super Bowl game. They are delicious, especially with fat free salsa!
    Angela273 and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    yes!! Angela I made that type of snack during the Super Bowl game. They are delicious, especially with fat free salsa!
    @walkonby , don't you DARE be back on your diet and losing weight without me!!
    BTW..I started again on Monday...

Actually, with all the bbqs, wine and more wine at camp, I thought I'd have put on a whole whack more weight than I did...I mean, it's not great, but no sobbing was involved...

Good site, @Angela ...here's one I enjoy visiting also, which give SmartPoints..

http://skinnyms.com/category/recipes/appetizers-snacks/
    Angela273 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^^^ ha ha !! didn't mean to frighten you @Lynn49 !! No I am actually NOT back on the wagon yet.....just trying to run alongside it for now and I am huffing and puffing doing just that!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

A little bit of a shocker to me last month about my actual weight...more than I thought according to the dr. Anyways ive been put on diabetes meds and told if i loose wieght i might be able to stop the meds.

There are hurdles for me food wise as i have a genetic disorder that beef dairy lamb fish dark leafy greens etc are all processed directly as fat. As well as a ton of allergies.

Currently working on portion control and not having seconds. The medication they put me on also is marketed as a weight loss drug under a different name. I started it in August 18th and ive lost 17 pounds in that time frame. Evident by my rings fitting better and some jeans being looser.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Newfiescreech and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    ^^^ ha ha !! didn't mean to frighten you @Lynn49 !! No I am actually NOT back on the wagon yet.....just trying to run alongside it for now and I am huffing and puffing doing just that!
    HAH! So you're exercising, eh?? Hmph, I knew it. Cheater!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    A little bit of a shocker to me last month about my actual weight...more than I thought according to the dr. Anyways ive been put on diabetes meds and told if i loose wieght i might be able to stop the meds.

There are hurdles for me food wise as i have a genetic disorder that beef dairy lamb fish dark leafy greens etc are all processed directly as fat. As well as a ton of allergies.

Currently working on portion control and not having seconds. The medication they put me on also is marketed as a weight loss drug under a different name. I started it in August 18th and ive lost 17 pounds in that time frame. Evident by my rings fitting better and some jeans being looser.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Well, @saundyl , WELCOME to our little corner of the world!!

One way or another, everyone is struggling here; we all have good days and bad days, but generally we're darn supportive of each other. You really do have different issues than many of us do...so it's chicken and pork most days, hm? I also can't eat much in the way of leafy greens (IBS), so can you tolerate veggies such as carrots, asparagus, beans, etc?
    Has anyone put you on a diet plan? Gosh with your medication, I hope your doc sends you to a nutritionist...they're free, at least here, in hospitals and their clinics and I'm sure he or she could make some excellent recommendations for you.
    My biggest fear has always been diabetes, since my brother was diagnosed in 1980 and after battling it for 35 years, he just passed away 2 months ago. But he was on injections 3x a day from the get-go...a very serious condition right from the beginning.

So GOOD FOR YOU for joining us! I've been a little awol this summer, no wifi to speak of at camp, and it's always wine-o'clock there for some reason, but for the past couple of weeks I've been weaning myself off the stuff. So here I sit, sipping wine, lol, but it's to congratulate myself for finishing my niece's ring-bearer pillow!! My niece is getting married in 2 weeks, and she gave me her Grandmother's wedding dress for fabric, and I'm also sewing a Christmas stocking for their little girl out of the same fabric, now 2 months old (my brother did live long enough to see her, which was a blessing). They look very vintage and I hope they like them.

ANYHOODLES!! We're all on various diets here, from WW to just counting calories and having some nice successes along the way, and we all have various reasons for being here. Personally I want to watch our Grandson graduate elementary/secondary/university...in other words...as long as I can! I can't do that if I'm unhealthy. I also can NOT do a lick of exercise for lots of reasons, and right now even walking isn't feasible without a ton of drugs, and I'll tell you this....before my fall in May of 2014, I had lost 50 lbs through the winter with NO, I repeat NO exercise! So that's doeable, too!

We're here for you if you need recipe ideas, support, a shoulder to lean on....I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

YUP.

Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 LastLast

Thread Information