User Tag List

Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 LastLast
Like Tree3103Likes

Thread: Dear 2016: I promise to do better this year! To get healthier! Let the games begin!!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^^ that picture reminds me of a poem I heard once

there was a crooked walker who walked a crooked mile....hmmmm.....no that's not it, oh well perhaps she was also sipping too much wine eh @Lynn49 ??

oh and welcome to our thread @saundyl !!
    Newfiescreech and Angela273 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    YUP.

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    ^^ that picture reminds me of a poem I heard once

there was a crooked walker who walked a crooked mile....hmmmm.....no that's not it, oh well perhaps she was also sipping too much wine eh @Lynn49 ??

oh and welcome to our thread @saundyl !!
    there! Now you can see the picture I was referring to. hate it when the page ends and flips over to another page.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Well, @saundyl , WELCOME to our little corner of the world!!

One way or another, everyone is struggling here; we all have good days and bad days, but generally we're darn supportive of each other. You really do have different issues than many of us do...so it's chicken and pork most days, hm? I also can't eat much in the way of leafy greens (IBS), so can you tolerate veggies such as carrots, asparagus, beans, etc?
    Has anyone put you on a diet plan? Gosh with your medication, I hope your doc sends you to a nutritionist...they're free, at least here, in hospitals and their clinics and I'm sure he or she could make some excellent recommendations for you.
    My biggest fear has always been diabetes, since my brother was diagnosed in 1980 and after battling it for 35 years, he just passed away 2 months ago. But he was on injections 3x a day from the get-go...a very serious condition right from the beginning.

So GOOD FOR YOU for joining us! I've been a little awol this summer, no wifi to speak of at camp, and it's always wine-o'clock there for some reason, but for the past couple of weeks I've been weaning myself off the stuff. So here I sit, sipping wine, lol, but it's to congratulate myself for finishing my niece's ring-bearer pillow!! My niece is getting married in 2 weeks, and she gave me her Grandmother's wedding dress for fabric, and I'm also sewing a Christmas stocking for their little girl out of the same fabric, now 2 months old (my brother did live long enough to see her, which was a blessing). They look very vintage and I hope they like them.

ANYHOODLES!! We're all on various diets here, from WW to just counting calories and having some nice successes along the way, and we all have various reasons for being here. Personally I want to watch our Grandson graduate elementary/secondary/university...in other words...as long as I can! I can't do that if I'm unhealthy. I also can NOT do a lick of exercise for lots of reasons, and right now even walking isn't feasible without a ton of drugs, and I'll tell you this....before my fall in May of 2014, I had lost 50 lbs through the winter with NO, I repeat NO exercise! So that's doeable, too!

We're here for you if you need recipe ideas, support, a shoulder to lean on....I hope you enjoy your stay!!
    Thank you for the welcome! I wish you luck as well.

You fell? Oh no!

The only downfall to exercise is it takes away from crafts!

I tolerate carrots cauliflower corn yellow beans more than the asparagus broccoli or green beans. Yes we eat a lot of pork and chicken.

The more i eat of whati dont tolerate the more i gain and the less i heal. The scars are alllll over my hody. The healing makes me more inclined to loose weightso im not doing daily needles.

Ive been to a few different nutritionists. I admit i find it quite amusing with the focus on diabetes and what to eat until they get to my rare genetic disorder that tosses a bunch of stuff out the window. The victoza once a day has really really dropped my blood sugar in the 3 weeks ive been on it. Prior it was metformin which made me quite ill. I have noticed with the injection I'm not as hungry or snacking as often....and no matter how healthy one eats the more snacks one consumes of any type including yogurt crackers or fruit the more calories one consumes.

Ive tried weight watcher's. That shake thing that was huge a few years ago and plexus. I was told the diet supplements have more of what i can't tolerate so mot to risk it but...a few have been tempting to try.

Our boys have decided we all need to walk the track daily. Ive agreed and once i have an ok from the dr about my ankle i sprained 2 weeks ago i will be going with them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I've lost weight, I weigh 20lbs less now than I did at my wedding 5yrs ago. Now most of my clothes don't fit very well, but I'm reluctant to spend much money on new clothes. At least I have managed to buy a couple of t-shirts and pants from second hand stores in town. We have family pictures today, so my shirt was selected from the few that fit me and are flattering in colour. I've been disappointed with the quality of our family photos in the past, so this time we are trying Wal-Mart's on site photography with a photographer driving down from Regina. I'm hoping that everything turns out and it doesn't end up costing me an arm and a leg.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Sep 18th, 2016 at 08:08 AM.
    Newfiescreech and walkonby like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    Thank you for the welcome! I wish you luck as well.

You fell? Oh no!

The only downfall to exercise is it takes away from crafts!

I tolerate carrots cauliflower corn yellow beans more than the asparagus broccoli or green beans. Yes we eat a lot of pork and chicken.

The more i eat of whati dont tolerate the more i gain and the less i heal. The scars are alllll over my hody. The healing makes me more inclined to loose weightso im not doing daily needles.

Ive been to a few different nutritionists. I admit i find it quite amusing with the focus on diabetes and what to eat until they get to my rare genetic disorder that tosses a bunch of stuff out the window. The victoza once a day has really really dropped my blood sugar in the 3 weeks ive been on it. Prior it was metformin which made me quite ill. I have noticed with the injection I'm not as hungry or snacking as often....and no matter how healthy one eats the more snacks one consumes of any type including yogurt crackers or fruit the more calories one consumes.

Ive tried weight watcher's. That shake thing that was huge a few years ago and plexus. I was told the diet supplements have more of what i can't tolerate so mot to risk it but...a few have been tempting to try.

Our boys have decided we all need to walk the track daily. Ive agreed and once i have an ok from the dr about my ankle i sprained 2 weeks ago i will be going with them.

Sigh...it's never just easy, is it? Seems like one of those Jenga towers; mess with one thing and everything comes toppling down.

Your food choices may be limited, but Honey, it really is just calorie-counting. That's how I lost my weight before my fall (yes, lopped the top off my tibia in May of '14, 3 surgeries 2 years of physio and still not right, so waiting for my knee-replacement call sometime before Christmas). I ate at around 1000-1200 calories a day of very healthy foods and felt like a million bucks! Poof, 50lbs gone from January to May/June-ish! No exercise of course because even before my fall my back is a mess, and I have fibro...LOL....ain't it always something, though?!!

We also eat more chicken, pork and fish and less red meat than we used to and boy, can it be an adventure thinking up new ways of serving them! I love sweet & sour stuff, so Splenda Brown Sugar has been my faithful companion throughout my weight-loss. However, right now, having gone through a summer of camping, I'm not where I was at all. I've gained back about 20lbs, but the good part, is that I know I'll lose it all once I get back into my winter routine.

Did you happen to see Dr Oz's new "Regimen"? Who knew Oolong tea promotes weight-loss?? @walkonby ! Did you see that?! Drop the green tea, my Friend, we're going Oolong now!! 2 cups per day, with meals!

Anyway...back on topic...yah, it's all in the calories and one good thing, I pretty much like the same one or two things for breakfast, so I'm not staring into the fridge in the mornings wondering what to have, then settling on toast and jam! I love sandwiches, so it was WW bread, so that I can actually have two slices of bread for my sandwiches, lol...mmmm toasted tomato sandwiches with Miracle Whip for lunch..! Ham, lettuce; tuna; egg salad...any sandwich is my friend!

We're here for ya, Hon....believe me, I know from struggles with weight...I was always just normal weight until I hit my oh, let's see...probably my 50s then it was all downhill from there. Losing and keeping it off was so much easier when I was young..no struggles, it just fell off!!! Things change with age.... So you can and you WILL do it!! The walking is such a fantastically wonderful idea as a family!! Go for it! It'll do nothing but good things for you!!

As for crafting...oh, you're preaching to the choir here, Lady! There almost isn't a craft I haven't tried at some point in my life, but now it's mostly sewing for myself since I can't STAND any of the clothes out there, no matter WHAT size I'd be!! Just junk! And cheap junk! And heaven forbid, when I was a plus size (actually, the way I like things to fit me...not tight, I still wear a plus size sometimes!)...everything is either bedazzled to death, or it's foil printed with lion heads, or with stupid sayings, or, and who on earth would believe any self-respecting designer would do this: they have POCKETS on top of our boobs!! Really?? I need the extra fabric there?! Honestly.

So!!! Stick with us, PM me if you ever need to chat, and we'll get back on the wagon together. With Walks...if she ever shows up here again...WALKS!! Hiding, Hon??!

But first, the wedding this weekend, THEN the diet!! Good luck, @saundyl !!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I visited the doctor this morning for some routine stuff. I weighed myself while I was there and I have lost another 4.8lbs since my last visit 1 month ago. I now weigh 24lbs less than I did when I got married 5yrs ago. I am happily surprised because I now weigh the same amount as I did when I graduated high school, and I've accomplished a lot since then.

edit: I weigh 3lbs less now than I did when I got pregnant with our twins.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Sep 20th, 2016 at 10:14 PM.
    Newfiescreech likes this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I've started choosing to use the smaller plates in the cupboard over the weekend. As well have noticed if i use the bigger plate im putting a portion of what i took away for lunch the next day now...and not taking seconds. Today i went for lunch with a friend and came home with over half my meal and we asked for fewer fries.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Sigh...it's never just easy, is it? Seems like one of those Jenga towers; mess with one thing and everything comes toppling down.

Your food choices may be limited, but Honey, it really is just calorie-counting. That's how I lost my weight before my fall (yes, lopped the top off my tibia in May of '14, 3 surgeries 2 years of physio and still not right, so waiting for my knee-replacement call sometime before Christmas). I ate at around 1000-1200 calories a day of very healthy foods and felt like a million bucks! Poof, 50lbs gone from January to May/June-ish! No exercise of course because even before my fall my back is a mess, and I have fibro...LOL....ain't it always something, though?!!

We also eat more chicken, pork and fish and less red meat than we used to and boy, can it be an adventure thinking up new ways of serving them! I love sweet & sour stuff, so Splenda Brown Sugar has been my faithful companion throughout my weight-loss. However, right now, having gone through a summer of camping, I'm not where I was at all. I've gained back about 20lbs, but the good part, is that I know I'll lose it all once I get back into my winter routine.

Did you happen to see Dr Oz's new "Regimen"? Who knew Oolong tea promotes weight-loss?? @walkonby ! Did you see that?! Drop the green tea, my Friend, we're going Oolong now!! 2 cups per day, with meals!

Anyway...back on topic...yah, it's all in the calories and one good thing, I pretty much like the same one or two things for breakfast, so I'm not staring into the fridge in the mornings wondering what to have, then settling on toast and jam! I love sandwiches, so it was WW bread, so that I can actually have two slices of bread for my sandwiches, lol...mmmm toasted tomato sandwiches with Miracle Whip for lunch..! Ham, lettuce; tuna; egg salad...any sandwich is my friend!

We're here for ya, Hon....believe me, I know from struggles with weight...I was always just normal weight until I hit my oh, let's see...probably my 50s then it was all downhill from there. Losing and keeping it off was so much easier when I was young..no struggles, it just fell off!!! Things change with age.... So you can and you WILL do it!! The walking is such a fantastically wonderful idea as a family!! Go for it! It'll do nothing but good things for you!!

As for crafting...oh, you're preaching to the choir here, Lady! There almost isn't a craft I haven't tried at some point in my life, but now it's mostly sewing for myself since I can't STAND any of the clothes out there, no matter WHAT size I'd be!! Just junk! And cheap junk! And heaven forbid, when I was a plus size (actually, the way I like things to fit me...not tight, I still wear a plus size sometimes!)...everything is either bedazzled to death, or it's foil printed with lion heads, or with stupid sayings, or, and who on earth would believe any self-respecting designer would do this: they have POCKETS on top of our boobs!! Really?? I need the extra fabric there?! Honestly.

So!!! Stick with us, PM me if you ever need to chat, and we'll get back on the wagon together. With Walks...if she ever shows up here again...WALKS!! Hiding, Hon??!

But first, the wedding this weekend, THEN the diet!! Good luck, @saundyl !!
    Eep missed that
    ..i havent seen the dr oz thing. Quite curious now! It does feel like theres always something somewhere.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    I've started choosing to use the smaller plates in the cupboard over the weekend. As well have noticed if i use the bigger plate im putting a portion of what i took away for lunch the next day now...and not taking seconds. Today i went for lunch with a friend and came home with over half my meal and we asked for fewer fries.

Good on ya!! Baby steps, right? And even they're not the easiest steps to take!!
    The Dr Oz this is called, "The Regimen", which sounds like a made-up word to me; I thought it should be "regime" or "regiment", but he's the doctor!

It's here: http://www.doctoroz.com/gallery/regimen-instructions

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I finally decided to pack up a bunch of my clothes that are too big on me and unflattering. I'm not willing to sell or donate them at this time. I would rather have them if I need them vs potentially having to replace them. This includes professional clothes (dress pants, blouses, sweaters), jeans, t-shirts, etc.
    Newfiescreech likes this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I like this one. I got stretch marks from my twins. My belly isn't flat, and yet I weigh what I did when I graduated high school.

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 118
Size:  89.2 KB
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Is everyone hiding from this thread again. I know that I have been indulging in Halloween treats since taking our son out that night. I'm not sure how much I weigh right now, I may have gained back a couple of pounds.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

yup....I have been hiding.......I've been trying to find my incentive to start up again but I think it is lost ( and buried ) among breakfasts, snacks, lunches, treats and dinners. I am still hopeful, but Christmas is coming soon, so......????

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    yup....I have been hiding.......I've been trying to find my incentive to start up again but I think it is lost ( and buried ) among breakfasts, snacks, lunches, treats and dinners. I am still hopeful, but Christmas is coming soon, so......????
    Don't let it all go by the wayside. Making healthier choices is still a step in the right direction vs throwing all caution to the wind.

For example, I have a sweet tooth and love to bake. I've taken some recipes that we really like and revised them. I have reduced the fat, reduced the sugar, reduced the chocolate, and added dried cranberries. Sure, there aren't necessarily healthy, but they are better for us and satisfying without having to buy a bunch of special ingredients.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Don't let it all go by the wayside. Making healthier choices is still a step in the right direction vs throwing all caution to the wind.

For example, I have a sweet tooth and love to bake. I've taken some recipes that we really like and revised them. I have reduced the fat, reduced the sugar, reduced the chocolate, and added dried cranberries. Sure, there aren't necessarily healthy, but they are better for us and satisfying without having to buy a bunch of special ingredients.
    thanks for that encouragement Angela. Like you I pretty much revised most of my recipes, including baked items years ago.
    ( I actually had to stop baking just to stay disciplined about carbs )
    I have also ridden the path of no salt/fat/sugar and adopted the gf/dairy free lifestyle a few times over, every time I was successful with terrific weight loss. ( bigger bonus was I felt great! ) but then that roadblock in the form of emotional stress presents itself.

Sometimes the trigger is a bout of ill health or pain/immobility or it can simply be family issues in general but that is often when the slip and slide ride to eating badly begins.
    It always starts small and I always think I am in control of it UNTIL it has control of me again.

Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 LastLast

Thread Information