User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree142Likes

Thread: SDM cracking down on printable coupons

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I was at a store that was previously extremely coupon friendly. Today I got the third degree on all coupons. Can't use it on sale items, can't use printables.

They showed me a memo from their head office.

It says that there have been proctor and gamble coupons circulating that are FAKE. It said if your coupon has the date printed out in numbers, it is "not legitimate." They will only accept printables that have the date written in words.

So you'd understand that every websaver coupon I tried to use today was rejected even though it had nothing to do with P&G products. Websaver coupons all print the date in numbers.

Anyway, watch out for problems with printables on your next shop.
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart, Websaver
    Last edited by torontogal12; Fri, Jan 8th, 2016 at 07:04 PM.
    Ciel, macw1960, lilo0003 and 9 others like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

A few weeks ago a cashier showed me that memo too when I was using a different coupon (legit Save.ca printable). This memo is about fake P&G printable only and some cashier refused to take any printable bc of it. SDM cashier should learn to read before jumping to conclusion...call their HO, speak to their manager to clarify before giving customers grief (I was literally accused of using a fake coupon). Next day I was able to use same coupon at same location, cashier double check with manager and see no problem.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

We have three SDMs within decent driving distance. One of them hasn't taken any printables for quite some time, one of them is a bother, the third still does.

Haven't used any P&Gs in quite a while, so don't know what's up with them.

And just about dates in general - some are SUCH a pain when all in numbers, since Canada doesn't use a consistent format.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I stopped even bothering to print about a year ago. It was not worth the constant hassle IMO, but I know I miss a lot of great deals because of it. My SDM has never been coupon friendly.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

This SDM used to be so coupon friendly! I don't like being accused because they can't read the memo. They called 2 managers and all said the same thing. No reasoning that they should actually read what the memo says. I did send an email complaint.

I only just started using printables again because stores around here started accepting them again (because of the unique pin codes) and Smartsource finally works for Macs. Guess I won't do that anymore.

I don't even use P&G products and they still find a way to get me haha
    Ciel, macw1960, dededi and 3 others like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    31 (100%)

Wow what are we suppose to do though when legitimate websites offer printable coupons?

I stopped using printables after a SDM employee and manager accused me of using a fake coupon. I told them where I printed it and they can check the website for themselves if they wanted. I ended up leaving the store and not purchasing anything because they were so rude.

And I agree about the expiry date format, there is no consistency!
    Natalka, Ciel, macw1960 and 5 others like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I haven't had problems with MFC, I used P & G Smartsource coupons today, BUT, every new cashier at my regular store grills me on the VIB coupons ever since they changed the date format to D/M/Y - I try to tell them - your POS is smart! It will reject a bad SDM coupon, but nooooooooo, they hassle me and then call the head cashier who is always nice as pie, thankfully!
    Ciel, torontogal12, dededi and 3 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-I haven't used printables in a few years (and I know I miss out on some deals but oh well)-cant be bothered and don't have a printer now anyway
    Ciel, macw1960, lilo0003 and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just used a handful of coupons at shoppers yesterday no issue. I has the smart source healthy essentials and a p&g as well as the dessange. The cashier read every word of the two dessange coupons but didn't care about the others. No hassle though even asked me how to enter the free treatment coupon as the coupon says to scan but it never does.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This week I stopped in a different SDM than my usual (Winnipeg).

Handed clerk 3 coupons (3 different Royale products). She glanced at them and said they don't accept internet coupons anymore.
    I replied that the other stores do, she called manager, then said ok to use. She did not like that.
    I have to say that I'll never go to this store again. I just happened to be close by. No eye contact, no greetings, no smiles, 2 cashiers speaking to each other in their language in front of customers while ringing items through,...
    (Leila and McPhillips)

Shopped last night at my usual store, clerk did not bat an eye about the coupons. No problem.
    Cheers, smiles, patient, helpful,....ALWAYS
    (Mountain and McPhillips)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Seems like there is a theme that some people are being rejected for no reason. Maybe if we all complain to head office they will send out another clarification memo

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I hate going in to other shoppers other than my usual for the same reason, cashiers always seem to have a new excuse as to why they can't accept this or that... I wouldn't trade my shoppers for anything

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Thanks for the heads up.
    Ciel, dededi and JasmineTea like this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Wise Canuck
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

@torontogal12 can you PM which store(s) you are having problems using these coupons at so I know as an FYI. TIA.
    Ciel and dededi like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thor9 View Post
    @torontogal12 can you PM which store(s) you are having problems using these coupons at so I know as an FYI. TIA.
    Hi @torontogal12

I'd like to know as well.

I only discovered coupons a few months ago and have only ever used 2 coupons in total so far. Today, I found a few good coupons for a face wash I like and intended to use them at the Shoppers I go to but I wouldn't bother if it is an issue there.

Thanks a lot
    Ciel likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information