User Tag List

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree263Likes

Thread: 2015 tax returns (2016 tax-filing season)

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

simpletax.ca is the way to go for me - so easy to use!

If you have trouble doing your taxes, maybe this 8 year old can help you lol
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...pert-1.3475702
    Ciel, csaund21, dededi and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    422 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    simpletax.ca is the way to go for me - so easy to use!

If you have trouble doing your taxes, maybe this 8 year old can help you lol
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...pert-1.3475702
    Me and my husband have been going to H&R block for many years and spent A LOT, this year I used SimpleTax and I am very happy with my choice and the cost-FREE! (plus a donation at the end if you choose). You have the option to pull your slips from MyAccount on CRA's website and it auto fills it in. Did both mine and my husbands together. It instantly showed up as received and 2 days later showed assessed. Seven days from that the assessment shows available to view and the return will be direct deposited.
    Ciel, dededi and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Your 2015 return was assessed on March 7, 2016.

Still have not received a deposit though. Odd. Maybe tomorrow morning?
    Ciel likes this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    Your 2015 return was assessed on March 7, 2016.

Still have not received a deposit though. Odd. Maybe tomorrow morning?
    They send the money on a certain date, once a week or once every two weeks, I forget. So everyone who gets assessed in a certain week would all receive the money on the same day. I'd expect it within a week, but maybe two if you happened to have just missed the last send out date.
    Ciel and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Accountant called taxes are ready, dh will sign his today and bring mine home for me to sign, we'll drop mine off tomorrow when out at an appointment. We are both getting a return, however, I was expecting a lot more but with the UCCS being taxable (which I had already knew about) the removal of tax credits for both kids left an additional $5600 in taxable income which sucks.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Accountant called taxes are ready, dh will sign his today and bring mine home for me to sign, we'll drop mine off tomorrow when out at an appointment. We are both getting a return, however, I was expecting a lot more but with the UCCS being taxable (which I had already knew about) the removal of tax credits for both kids left an additional $5600 in taxable income which sucks.
    At least you were expecting it. There are some people around who don't follow the news and money/tax stories who are in for a rude awakening when they complete their return. The tax credit gone and the tax on the money every month is a big sting!
    Ciel likes this.
    Built Bars 15% off sitewide, free shipping when you spend $25. User the code LOUISE2020 to get another 10%

PC Insiders please use my code LR1507 you get $25 and I get $10 in points

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I noticed in Fortino's that the H&R Block Turbo Tax? software box display has a sale sign showing the boxes on sale at $9.99 each, down from $18.99 now until May 1. Check your Loblaws banner store to see if the same offer is at your location.
    @Purple Bunny, if you are on direct deposit, the refund should be in your account on the same day of the Notice of Assessment (the NOA will be in the mail to you within 5 days). If you are still getting cheques by mail, then you'll get the NOA/cheque within 5 business days of the NOA date.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I just decided to do the taxes and downloaded the 2015 Studio Tax thing then I chose the option of going through the CRA site for Auto Fill of the form. Well it has been spinning for well over 10 minutes already with this message
    " the system is processing your request, this may take several minutes, your session will be closed and you will redirected shortly , Please wait"

I am too nervous to click on anything now! I have to wait I guess. Is there a chance the CRA site is overloaded with business right now?
    Ciel likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    They send the money on a certain date, once a week or once every two weeks, I forget. So everyone who gets assessed in a certain week would all receive the money on the same day. I'd expect it within a week, but maybe two if you happened to have just missed the last send out date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    I noticed in Fortino's that the H&R Block Turbo Tax? software box display has a sale sign showing the boxes on sale at $9.99 each, down from $18.99 now until May 1. Check your Loblaws banner store to see if the same offer is at your location.
    @PurpleBunny, if you are on direct deposit, the refund should be in your account on the same day of the Notice of Assessment (the NOA will be in the mail to you within 5 days). If you are still getting cheques by mail, then you'll get the NOA/cheque within 5 business days of the NOA date.
    Well now I'm confused because you both just said something completely different. We both signed up for direct deposit, both set of taxes have been assessed and our NOA's are available online. We were both supposed to get returns but neither of us got them.

When we net-filed we were told it would take 8-10 business days to receive our money but I'm thinking it may have actually been the same amount of time or quicker just to mail in paper copies like we used to.
    Ciel likes this.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I just decided to do the taxes and downloaded the 2015 Studio Tax thing then I chose the option of going through the CRA site for Auto Fill of the form. Well it has been spinning for well over 10 minutes already with this message
    " the system is processing your request, this may take several minutes, your session will be closed and you will redirected shortly , Please wait"

I am too nervous to click on anything now! I have to wait I guess. Is there a chance the CRA site is overloaded with business right now?
    I was doing our taxes last night (using simpletax.ca) and had the option to use auto fill as well, but decided against it. I thought it would complicate things too much with it having to be directed to the cra. Filling in the information was pretty straight forward anyway.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

ty @momof5boys it finally all worked itself out. I was able to use the Auto fill by going to CRA site eventually, so just not sure what happened with that first attempt. I am done ALL 4 of the returns now and glad I do not have to think about it for another year!
    Ciel likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    Well now I'm confused because you both just said something completely different. We both signed up for direct deposit, both set of taxes have been assessed and our NOA's are available online. We were both supposed to get returns but neither of us got them.

When we net-filed we were told it would take 8-10 business days to receive our money but I'm thinking it may have actually been the same amount of time or quicker just to mail in paper copies like we used to.
    @PurpleBunny89 : Here's a link about refunds from the CRA website. Sorry, it's been awhile since I've looked.

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/t...ncnxpctrrfndfr

If you log into your CRA account, does it state there when the money is expected to arrive? I thought it did for me in previous years.
    Ciel likes this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Gave my stuff to Dad yesterday to go with everyone's else to accountant, now I wait which is the hard part, I have so many odd things I can never figure out where I stand when it comes to tax time.
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Gave my stuff to Dad yesterday to go with everyone's else to accountant, now I wait which is the hard part, I have so many odd things I can never figure out where I stand when it comes to tax time.
    I hope you get a nice big refund!
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    Built Bars 15% off sitewide, free shipping when you spend $25. User the code LOUISE2020 to get another 10%

PC Insiders please use my code LR1507 you get $25 and I get $10 in points

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    @PurpleBunny89: Here's a link about refunds from the CRA website. Sorry, it's been awhile since I've looked.

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/t...ncnxpctrrfndfr

If you log into your CRA account, does it state there when the money is expected to arrive? I thought it did for me in previous years.
    no it doesn't because I only have limited access until I get a code in the mail which they said takes 10 business days to receive. I'll most likely receive my NOA in snail mail before that lol.
    Ciel likes this.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information