User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Are there any reliable places to get good refurbished cell phones?

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

There must be a source for high end refurbished Android phones here, but I can't seem to figure out how to get my hands on one.

Some background info...
    I am not a heavy talker or texter, so my $100 Pay-as-you-go plan lasts me 8-10 months. What I do love my phone for is reading, chatting, forum-ing, browsing etc.

Since I am not interested in a month to month plan, the only way to get my hands on a nicer phone is either to inherit one, or to buy one. I love the $600++ phones, but cannot afford them lol.

I am wondering if refurbished is a good option, and if so how can I get my hands on a reliable one from a reliable retailer?

Thanks!

EDIT: I am looking for Android phones... Unlocked or usable with Rogers. thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: Rogers (Plus), Dell
    Last edited by anisa; Wed, Jan 20th, 2016 at 09:21 AM.
    dededi and Davetherave like this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I got a BLU Win HD LTE phone from Microsoft.ca and my son got the BLU Win Jr. I really like the phone and it comes unlocked for $220 Canadian, the Jr is cheaper.
    anisa, Ciel, Linda Evans and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Try FactoryDirect.ca They have a line of refurbished and carrier unlocked phones.

Phones ranging from $50 to $399
    anisa, Ciel, GracieAnne and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Thanks.

Also, just a tiny edit... I am looking for Android phones
    Ciel, toronto166, dededi and 1 others like this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I bought one off Ebay. It was for Rogers, which was what I wanted. Works great.
    Ciel and dededi like this.
    My Tangerine Orange Key is 46123097S1

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

So I've been doing some digging on FactoryDirect and Canada Computers.

It seems that a good refurbished Galaxy S5 is only about $100 cheaper than a new one straight from Rogers, and with refurbished you get a token warranty.
    I would have thought there would be a greater price difference, saving about 40-50% instead of 20-25%.

I want to have expandable memory, but sheesh there are not a lot of good options.
    Ciel, dededi and Davetherave like this.
    R

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

anisa, i am in the same boat...i have an LG optimus but id like to get a newer phone with a BETTER camera. I will check out factory direct
    Ciel, dededi and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I have an LG L9 I inherited from my hubby, and I HATE it.

I don't gab or text, but I do love to have good technology. Maybe it is a blessing I am so cheap (and am usually broke)
    Ciel, Linda Evans, dededi and 1 others like this.
    R

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

So I have found a selection of refurbished Galaxy s5, thanks to some direction by you guys.

Sold in Canada, by a Canadian store

$379 with 90 day store warranty.

It is the original S5, not the Neo version.

I want to buy this. I really liked my Galaxy S3. I really feel like I won't be happy with a budget phone.
    I even called my hubby just now and told him to talk me out of buying a phone because I am the ultimate frugal shopper, but I am SO TEMPTED right now I am usually the one telling him to save his money and to not chase every shiny new phone that catches his eye.

I have a perfectly good LG right now... that was a hand-me-down from hubby... that I absolutely hate.

Should I go ahead and buy the Samsung? Hubby says I should. I feel so naughty!
    bhlombardy, dededi and Davetherave like this.
    R

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    So I have found a selection of refurbished Galaxy s5, thanks to some direction by you guys.

Should I go ahead and buy the Samsung? Hubby says I should. I feel so naughty!
    Anisa,

I went from the S3 (which I liked a lot, but was losing battery life, and the struggle to keep up with new apps, etc) to the S5 and I LOVE it. I skipped over the S4 for a few reasons, but mainly because it wasn't much of a step up from the S3.

But I love my S5. I wound up buying it outright because my call and data plan is phenomenal and if I got a new contract, I'd have to get a new plan... and my plan isn't offered any longer.

When the S6 came out, I was tempted because it was new and shiny new S6, but it fails me on a number of levels (eg No mSD card slot) that and the up-front cost to buy outright, plus there wasnt enough to drag me from my S5 (which I love... did I mention that??)

Does that help persuade you at all??
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Fri, Jan 29th, 2016 at 06:22 PM.
    anisa, dededi and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

^haha

dude I was sold when I compared the S5 to all other phones, and I knew that it was the phone I had to get my hands on. I needed the sd card slot, that was a must for me.

If the Nexus 5x had come with an SD card slot, I may have given it some serious thought. The Nexus 5x is cheap right now, they have lowered the price again. I wouldn't have had to deal with any unwanted apps other than the google ones, that is highly appealing to me. I had a nexus tablet and loved it. Nexus would have been a brand new phone, full warranty and all, but the lack of an sd card slot really killed it for me.
    bhlombardy, dededi and Davetherave like this.
    R

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i would look for a chinese phone. You can get some really nice ones around $200
    anisa and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Finally got my phone. I had it delivered to the store for pickup at FactoryDirect.

Thanks for all the tips

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    bhlombardy and dededi like this.
    R

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    Finally got my phone. I had it delivered to the store for pickup at FactoryDirect.

Thanks for all the tips

Congrats! Do you LOVE it yet?
    anisa likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I LOVE it

R

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information