• 4 Post By staceymic
  • 1 Post By nicolthepickle
  • 13 Post By staceymic
  • 2 Post By walkonby

Thread: poorly run promos.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Okay, so I was so excited to get the paint purchased to start painting our bedrooms. I was at Home Depot two weeks ago picking up the paint samples and the sales person at the paint department asked if I could wait a couple of weeks as a GREAT sales was coming very soon.

I decided to wait it out and to watch the flyers. Well, low and behold, THE flyer showed up today. You can get a $10 rebate with each can of Behr paint you buy. I need four so it's an awesome savings for me.

The same nice paint guy (who told me about the upcoming special) was there and I handed him my paint chips and he asked what paint I would like and I said Behr Plus and he was like, "YAY! That's one of the promo ones!" and off he goes to mix my paint. While I was waiting, I was chatting with the lady behind the counter about what a great promo this was and asked a few questions like, can I submit the four get $40 back for sure? Yes she said. Get to the cash and again, the cashier and I discussed this promo. He asked if I wanted an email receipt and I declined it but then said, oh shoot, maybe that would have helped me when submitting for the promotion and he said, don't worry, just take a photo from your iPhone.

I get back to work and decide to start my submission for my rebates. Codes won't go in - says they are not a part of the promotion. WHAT?!?! I call the 1-800 number for help and she says, 'sorry, only certain cans of Behr paint were a part of the promo and the staff really should have checked the list before telling customers they were entitled to this, I would complain to head office over this if I were you".

I call the store and explain my situation to the person I was transferred to in paint and she said, "yeah, we were all told ALL Behr that size qualified, you know what, I actually have the Behr Rep here, let me go ask her". I wait 5 minutes and she returns and says, "the Rep says what happened is that the Behr Plus was added on last minute so it might be on their site within the next few days - try then". Okay, but what if it still doesn't work, I ask.
    The reply was, "I totally assure you, the paint you bought qualifies for this promo, try it in 3 days, if it still doesn't work, call again and we can see what we can do for you".

Still don't know if I will really get this promo yet.

Anyway, that's my vent! Thanks for listening!
    This thread is currently associated with: Apple, Home Depot
    Ciel, Decaf, luckbealady and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Ahh, frustrating. Glad you talked to them though.
    Ciel likes this.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

**Update** In case anyone is interested, the codes were updated today and I was able to claim all 4 cans of paint! YAY!
    Grey, Ciel, Poirot and 10 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oh goody!! I was reading the OP you made and could really feel your aggravation, so glad they honoured the ones you bought! Happy painting!!
    LisaLisaBoBisa and Ciel like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Thread Information