User Tag List

Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree3260Likes

Thread: February 2016 Frugal chatter thread - All Welcome!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

It was a blah day here no energy. Dh has started a cold, I hope he doesn't share (haha).

Wishing everyone a great evening.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Lizzie: it was me that reccomended the dragon noodles. They are staple in our house. Today I tried the apple flax muffins from the same site. They were very dense, but used up whole wheat flower and some apples that had seen better days. So a good way to use up stuff that would be tossed.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Hoping to have a productive day at work! Then a quick dinner (my man said he has it all planned out) and then an hour drive for a hockey game! Going to be a late night for my youngest. oh well, tis the season- Hockey playoffs!
    So tonight nothing will get done but that is ok. Tomorrow night I will finish up the laundry. 2 loads that need folding/hanging and then put it all away. And put another load on. Never ends!
    Have a great day everyone! Off to up date my budget and transfer the money to pay MC spent on weekend (which wasn't much! and all healthy stuff )

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Tried a bit of a new idea for Breakfast, I took some Almonds and an Apple Blended it up, added my homemade yogurt and some honey as my homemade yogurt is very tart and make a smoothie. It is quite nice and since I did not strain my homemade yogurt it is thin and drinkable without adding any liquid.

I am trying to use up tiny bits of things we have laying around the house. We seem to have a lot of open things laying around that aren't getting used.

My Smoothie used the last of my homemade yogurt that I did not freeze
    Last night I used a little part box of pasta I found to make my dinner
    Used 2 small pieces of mozzarella I found that were starting to dry out and used them in my pasta to get rid of them
    Last week I had the last of the open bag of hash browns to have with my dinner (not something we normally buy but did for some reason cannot even remember why and this little part of a bag has been in the freezer forever)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@SassyAshley - I am doing the same. I only bought a few things yesterday because they were a good deal and I like fresh stuff for DS's lunch but we really didn't need anything. I am starting to have space in my freezers so planning on using up bits of this and that to use it up. But then I made chili and had to put those single serving containers in the freezer lol. Oh well at least it used up cans of beans that needed to be used. I think I will do the same next week as well. Just buy the bare minimum (fruit/eggs if needed) and continue to use up all the bits of this and that and be creative. I didn't have eggs the other day so DS and I had a smoothie for breakfast. We will survive!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Back on Black Friday I bought a bunch of sweaters (my treat to myself) since I only had like 3 or 4 which were showing their age but now I have too many to fit in my drawers. When did dresser drawers get so small??? I love my dresser but the drawers really are not that deep so I can only go like 3 sweaters deep.
    @SassyAshley : Have you tried Konmari folding? I tried it with my sweater drawer and I can fit in so much more.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@sweet sparrow I have to admit I have never heard of that, although I admit the fact I fold my clothes now is an improvement, only recently have I accepted using dressers since my teenage years I have been tried to prove I do not need one. Weird I know but for some reason I had a real hate for dressers.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Mon, Feb 8th, 2016 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Typing is not my thing today

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Where does the time go in a day? Last week, I took Monday and Friday off and didn't get nearly as much accomplished as I would have liked. Admittedly, Monday was a day for appointments and getting around the city on foot, so I didn't have time to do much around the house. Friday, I sorted out the finances, checked my CRA account to see how much I owed in HBP payments and finally got around to cleaning the stove, sweeping the house, cleaning out the refrigerator, and tackling the massive pile of dishes.

The stove was a massive project in itself. Cleaning the range hood, the fan, light, knobs, under the elements, etc. took over an hour! With that and washing the glass shelves of the refrigerator, the one side of the kitchen really shines!

Before I knew it, it was time to rush to daycare and pick up LO. Then, we had an incident coming home which I posted about in the rant section. Rant sounds like such an angry word. Maybe SC should have a pet peeve section.

Saturday, I took LO shopping. This time, I remembered my wallet, coupons, and phone to PM. Yay! I also let LO pay with the GC which she kept in her front pocket for safe keeping. My little shopper did very well. When we came home, she proudly told Daddy that she paid.

Sunday, she wrote out her Valentine's for her class. If she stays at this same daycare, the same $0.60 box should last next year as well.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well popped over to shoppers and got a few deals
    snuggle 3.99-1.00 checkout51=2.99 stocking up for summer for when I hang clothing out
    eggs milk
    couldn't sleep this morning was up at 3.30 so did a load of laundry and made blueberry muffins

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    @sweet sparrow I have to admit I have never heard of that, although I admit the fact I fold my clothes now is an improvement, only recently have I accepted using dressers since my teenage years I have been tried to prove I do not need one. Weird I know but for some reason I had a real hate for dressers.
    I don't use a dresser at the moment. I hang everything. I have a 3 drawer tower plastic thing for socks, undies, bras etc inside my closet. (It's a big closet with custom made shelves/bars etc. The lady I bought the house from had it done and I appreciate it!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good day!

Doing the same as others mentioned above, using bits and pieces from the cupboards and freezer. I'm pretty lucky that my husband will pretty much eat anything, so I can combine odd things if needed.

Today is the first day of Lent, and I haven't decided what to make for supper yet. It needs to be meatless, dairy-free, etc., and meagre.

Have a great day, all!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Where does the time go in a day? Last week, I took Monday and Friday off and didn't get nearly as much accomplished as I would have liked. Admittedly, Monday was a day for appointments and getting around the city on foot, so I didn't have time to do much around the house. Friday, I sorted out the finances, checked my CRA account to see how much I owed in HBP payments and finally got around to cleaning the stove, sweeping the house, cleaning out the refrigerator, and tackling the massive pile of dishes.

The stove was a massive project in itself. Cleaning the range hood, the fan, light, knobs, under the elements, etc. took over an hour! With that and washing the glass shelves of the refrigerator, the one side of the kitchen really shines!

Before I knew it, it was time to rush to daycare and pick up LO. Then, we had an incident coming home which I posted about in the rant section. Rant sounds like such an angry word. Maybe SC should have a pet peeve section.

Saturday, I took LO shopping. This time, I remembered my wallet, coupons, and phone to PM. Yay! I also let LO pay with the GC which she kept in her front pocket for safe keeping. My little shopper did very well. When we came home, she proudly told Daddy that she paid.

Sunday, she wrote out her Valentine's for her class. If she stays at this same daycare, the same $0.60 box should last next year as well.
    Good job! I am looking forward to a day off during the week soon while kids are at school so I can do the same! Get stuff done without bugging!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Good day!

Doing the same as others mentioned above, using bits and pieces from the cupboards and freezer. I'm pretty lucky that my husband will pretty much eat anything, so I can combine odd things if needed.

Today is the first day of Lent, and I haven't decided what to make for supper yet. It needs to be meatless, dairy-free, etc., and meagre.

Have a great day, all!

My youngest will eat any kind of meat especially if it has gravy on it. I have a container in the freezer that I wrap and add leftover cooked chicken, pork etc. Then about once a week or so on a night I don't feel like cooking (and his brother is at work) I pull it out and make a few sides and his dinner is done and a "feast" as he likes to call it lol.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My Sportchek coupons expire at the end of the month so I wanted to make sure I took a look for shoes for DS for Spring (on sale of course- then use my coupon) Well found a pair of Under Armour shoes for him on for $51 (reg over $70) and Skechers Go Walk 3 slip on shoes for me (OMG SO COMFY!!) on for $58 (reg, $84.99) Used spend $100 save $20 coupon. Paid $99.35 total for both!! Hope to look at another Sportchek this weekend for more deal and would like to get a new pair for my oldest (he is picky but I have seen the fancy shoes he wears at Sportchek just need to hit up a bigger store with more selection)

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama : Does Sportchek have the option of ordering in from another branch?

Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information