User Tag List

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree3260Likes

Thread: February 2016 Frugal chatter thread - All Welcome!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    Morning All. Haven`t been around much...have been really busy. People must think I have a fairy in my closet that waves a magic wand and poof!! whatever they want is done.
    Also have been fighting some personal demons. There is someone in my life that I don`t want there but at this time I have no choice. I don`t like being made to feel like a charity case.
    Sorry to hear of all the deaths and illnesses.
    @Crochetlady I'm just glad that you checked in as I was wondering if something was wrong health wise.

Hope your circumstances (the personal demons) changes soon, there is nothing wonderful about having people set expectations for others as you said "poof and it's done" the magic wand in the closet.

You work so hard do not let someone make you feel like a charity case (hugs)
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Beautiful spring like day here, washed 2 handmade blankets and they are hanging outside to dry

My goal for February is to bake something when the oven is being used which means I must be diligent with taking meat out the night before and fruits as well for baking (rhubarb, pears and apples) AND most definitely stick to the meal plans. I did this back in November and it was amazing the amount of desserts that were made and ready to eat.

I have 2 rhubarb cakes (9x13) in the oven along with 2 apple crisps, I will keep 1 apple crisp out and 1/2 a cake for desserts for the week. I will be cutting the cakes in halves and putting them in Ziploc bags for later use.

Supper tonight is breakfast for supper (requested by ds2) and leftovers for those that do not want breakfast for supper.

I was going to hitch a ride with FIL this am to go to Independent grocers while his truck was at C. Tire BUT was not up to leaving at 730AM ....gah....so I will purchase the items on my list on Wednesday pm when ds2 has his appointment as the lean ground bee is on sale for $3.49lbs so I will stock up.

I got all of the prescription receipts for 2015 reimbursements together for my coverage and dh's and will mail out this week. The funds will go into our emergency fund

That's all for now

Wishing everyone a very financially fit February!!!
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post

I was going to hitch a ride with FIL this am to go to Independent grocers while his truck was at C. Tire BUT was not up to leaving at 730AM ....gah....so I will purchase the items on my list on Wednesday pm when ds2 has his appointment as the lean ground bee is on sale for $3.49lbs so I will stock up.
    Where I live, Sobeys currently has lean ground beef on sale for $2.99/lb and tomorrow is 10% off Tuesday. So I am buying the max amount of 4 packs of lean ground beef and I placed the order for it on Saturday so that I won't miss out. I also ordered bread and bagels to pick up tomorrow.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Finally purchased the small $4.99 PC tote (straps are not shorter, sigh, but the bottom is sturdier for heavy items compared to the plastic PC fabric bags) to bring home yogurt and coconut milk from Fortinos. Had my hands full with one bag containing my Shoppers buys (could not resist exploring the Harvard Square SDM food section) and another bag with two tins of Primo spaghetti sauces from Sobeys, umbrella and purse. Of the Astro yogurt large tubs on sale, Balkan style and one other are sold out at the $1.99 price so I decided to get a full price container at Fortinos. Sobeys will get a restock on Astro on Wednesday but I could not wait that long. While using the Internet yesterday, I saw mention of some winter storm that supposedly will come by late tomorrow and into Wednesday, so that prompted me to finish grocery shopping. Will hold off on big bag of rice-could not see a large brown rice bag at Food Basics but there were big bags of basmati, parboiled, long-grain, and Cal-Rose varieties at good prices. $6.88 for long grain rice is a deal. But I also like the $10.88 bag of jasmine rice at Fortinos...

At least my Shoppers pop (yes, Dr. Pepper 6pks count as Pepsi products for the Sun/Mon pricing!) & Tetley teas (2 for $5 and different food stores have different selections) netted me that PIN card for the Millionaire contest. Have spun-won some extra entries for that elusive prize of 1M Optimum points.

Fortino's coupon board had a new Shirrif recipe and 50 cent coupon brochure. Plus the day before, I saw the $2 off coupon when you buy a Robin Hood item, Eagle brand condensed milk and a third item. $2 would go to the We to Me organization to help buy baby chicks for families in need overseas.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I have some interesting news to share. I was finally given permission to share this news earlier in January. I am 1 of 6 children, I am the third oldest. My older brother, sister, and I each had one boy as our oldest child. In February 2015 my SIL gave birth to a set of twin boys after receiving IUI treatments. February 2015 is also the month that we found out that I was having spontaneous twins, which just means that they are natural twins...twins don't run in our family. My older sister is now 21.3wks pregnant with twins after IVF treatments. This means that my parents are going from 3 to 9 grandchildren in the span of 1.5yrs. Currently there are 6 grandsons in a row and 1 granddaughter.

My sister is not finding out the gender of her twins until they are born. Her twins are actually due on our younger sister's birthday, but they will likely be born in May because they are twins. Her son is nearly 15yrs old and was born 5.5wks premature and she never was told why.
    Oh wow thats pretty incredible!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I had to pop out yesterday to pick up some fish fillets and vegetables for the week. I was excited to find broccoli crowns at a decent price, but LO did not like them. She decided to express her displeasure right back towards Mommy. I hope this is just a phase. She used to like them before. Came back and picked up a special treat for her and DH. When I told her I had a surprise, she said "You got medication?" Oh LO, never change. Ha ha! DH muttered something about low expectations.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Finally purchased the small $4.99 PC tote (straps are not shorter, sigh, but the bottom is sturdier for heavy items compared to the plastic PC fabric bags) to bring home yogurt and coconut milk from Fortinos. Had my hands full with one bag containing my Shoppers buys (could not resist exploring the Harvard Square SDM food section) and another bag with two tins of Primo spaghetti sauces from Sobeys, umbrella and purse. Of the Astro yogurt large tubs on sale, Balkan style and one other are sold out at the $1.99 price so I decided to get a full price container at Fortinos. Sobeys will get a restock on Astro on Wednesday but I could not wait that long. While using the Internet yesterday, I saw mention of some winter storm that supposedly will come by late tomorrow and into Wednesday, so that prompted me to finish grocery shopping. Will hold off on big bag of rice-could not see a large brown rice bag at Food Basics but there were big bags of basmati, parboiled, long-grain, and Cal-Rose varieties at good prices. $6.88 for long grain rice is a deal. But I also like the $10.88 bag of jasmine rice at Fortinos...

At least my Shoppers pop (yes, Dr. Pepper 6pks count as Pepsi products for the Sun/Mon pricing!) & Tetley teas (2 for $5 and different food stores have different selections) netted me that PIN card for the Millionaire contest. Have spun-won some extra entries for that elusive prize of 1M Optimum points.

Fortino's coupon board had a new Shirrif recipe and 50 cent coupon brochure. Plus the day before, I saw the $2 off coupon when you buy a Robin Hood item, Eagle brand condensed milk and a third item. $2 would go to the We to Me organization to help buy baby chicks for families in need overseas.
    I have started using my PC tote more often myself and love it! ( I have a Food Basics one too) They are great for loading up!

Scottishgal
    Trading Score
    480 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone Thought I would try and pop in more for Feb. Like everyone else where does the time go.
    Just finished my Morning Routine, a nice long walk and about to start my 1 hr. a day clean something in the house. LOL. Think I will start in my poor little office room that is getting way to many coupons and papers that have not been sorted Feb. is my month to sort, organize and shred papers. I keep fairly organized throughout the year but this is my big paper clean month Will set the timer and gooooo. I have Fresh Fish for supper so will make Homemade fries and salad . My goal this month is , " If it's not FREE....I'ts not for me " LOL. Will see what I can get for Free or very close to it. I only want to buy bread, milk, eggs, fresh fruit and fresh vegetables....Only if I have to. I want to use up everything in the freezer. Will see how the month goes. Have a good day everyone Time to set the timer

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Arrived back home today so just taking it easy!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

wow angela -grandparents must be thrilled to pieces

-this month is go thru and toss ,condense -so I went thru my linen closet yesterday -got rid of a few old doilies my mom had told me to keep them a few years back -never know when you may need them -not my theory for sure
    -I have 3 bags to go to value village so I can get my card stamped then get 30 % off my puzzles
    -didn't sleep well last night -visited a friend/hubby with my hubby last night and she gave me chocolates and 2 nice candles
    -watched ashlyn today took her out for a 25 minute walk on her bike and then let her splash in muddy puddles like "peppa pig"her favourite carachter-she had splash pants and rainboots on -I was just praying she didn't fall down that would have been messy -we blowed bubbles -chalked in the garage -we were out for a good 1hour 10 min
    then she napped for me today 2 hours -yipeee I relaxed

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Angela: congrats on the news, how cool to have 3 sets of twins

Lizzie:welcome back.

Crochet lady thanks for checking in. Sorry to hear about the complex people issue.

It was another late day, but DH waited for me so we had dinner at almost 8pm, we never do this as its tough on the kids as they end up snacking after school. But we are very much a sit at the dinner table and eat as a family and I was away all last week. It was a super easy dinner as we had steak on the BBQ last night and today had steak fajitas from the leftovers. I love when that works out. I have a very early start as I need to travel to another office, so I am going to prep tonight so I can sleep more in the morning. I am so not a morning person.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post

Whew! I had to take a deep breath after reading your post! So must thought, calculation, and energy!

Good for you!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Came back and picked up a special treat for her and DH. When I told her I had a surprise, she said "You got medication?" Oh LO, never change. Ha ha! DH muttered something about low expectations.
    Curiouser and curiouser. LO ran out of her medication tonight. I wish I knew because I went to the pharmacy today.

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -got rid of a few old doilies my mom had told me to keep them a few years back -never know when you may need them -not my theory for sure
    @coupon girl : I'm smiling at the thought of anyone "needing doilies" or having a "doily emergency".

I never got around to doing any cooking or cleaning. Oh well, tomorrow is another day. Actually, I did cook some rice and dethawed some corn for LO, but it took minimum effort. I also got all the laundry folded and did a return on a pair of pants that didn't fit DH at WM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good day, everyone!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning all -up early as I went to bed early last night 8.30 watching a toddler can wear you out when in your 50's
    -so did a load of laundry cause its cheaper then into the shower and off I go for 7.00 today
    -tired last night so had a little cesar's pizza 5.55

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information