User Tag List

Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
Like Tree3260Likes

Thread: February 2016 Frugal chatter thread - All Welcome!!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Slept in today and not feeling the best for it, I think I over slept so it is a slow start to the morning. Not sure what will get done today but going to take the day as it comes and see what gets done.

I already know this week is going to be insane, out of the 4 days 3 of them are system training. I will be over seeing the 3 sessions in my branch as well as logging into to overview the 2 out of town sessions being done over the internet. We are taking a different approach this time and all people in the training session will be logged in as well as the trainer from our IT company. So I have to figure out how to set this all up in my office. My Dad went out and got me Ethernet cords and power bars and we already had extra HDMI cable and screen mounted on the wall. In theory everything should go smoothly but will find out Tuesday when when I sort through everything that has been left for me (Dad is out of town this week so he has left everything for me in the office).

Well I am off to pinterest still worried I won't have enough for the second meeting so going to weigh my options.

Have a great day everyone.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

We were in London, ON this weekend.

Drove to our hotel and couldn't have possibly driven any further with the weather (Saturday). We were visiting family and we stopped doing short visits along route to the hotel. The family we were visiting in the downtown area (much more heavily hit) was not until the weather had passed (Sunday). Had we planned to visit them first we would have had to cancel! We traveled safe and got to see everyone.

My mom is taking the two older girls this afternoon. After 6 nights of weekend travel over the past 6 weeks with 3 children 5 and under...we plan to relax this afternoon!

Baby girl has cut her first tooth and we have started some formula supplement once a day and solids (a break for mama!). The nurse at our Dr's office gave me 7 sample cans of Enfamil. We wouldn't go through a regular can size in a month (how long it is good for when they are opened). This is a huge savings to us as it will last us close to half a year. She seems to be taking to it okay, but she is not drinking much because, well, she is breastfed and doesn't really know what to do yet with other "liquids or solids" in her mouth! I hope to do a slow wean over the next 6 months and decrease the amount of breastmilk as solids and formula intake increase.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning, Happy Monday!

Going to enjoy having my husband home for an extra day.
    Our son is off work as well, but the two of them will be meeting later at our son's shop so he can do a bit of work on our van - so very nice!

Take care, everyone!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Granger-if you are talking about the liquid formula I know the premixed tiny bottles are only supposed to be kept in the fridge for 24 hrs after opening. If it is liquid concentrate I guess it would say on the can but likely not much longer. Sounds like powder will be best for you as you use so little and I think it can be open for quite awhile( not sure what the can says). Today is a day to relax after doing about 20 hrs of childcare this past week. Hope all those with a holiday today enjoy the break.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Granger: the weather in the London area is a force unto itself. I went to my parents on Saturday and they are just 20 minutes east of the city, the whole time I was there was dark and blustery and I was sure I was going to get stuck. I left around 3 pm and within 5 minutes I was in sunshine. Having lived in the London area until I married makes me appreciate winter.
    I think today will be a quite day at home. laundry is done and so I will go for a walk and enjoy my book. It feels like I am getting a cold too, so far I have been healthy all winter.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

happy family day
    -just enjoying the day with hubby
    -thanks nat for the info just joined ebates before I do anymore shopping
    -locctaine has free shipping today so ordered a shea butter lip balm stick -when my mouth gets very dry so do my lips -not chapped either just very dry -so I am trying all kinds of brands to find the right one
    -yeah just sold my leather boots for 25.00 -they were 3 years old and a woman my age said awesome price and they fit her if I didn't put some darn weight on they would have still been with me couldn't zip them all the way up -anyway happy as I got a new pair boxing week

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Granger-if you are talking about the liquid formula I know the premixed tiny bottles are only supposed to be kept in the fridge for 24 hrs after opening. If it is liquid concentrate I guess it would say on the can but likely not much longer. Sounds like powder will be best for you as you use so little and I think it can be open for quite awhile( not sure what the can says). Today is a day to relax after doing about 20 hrs of childcare this past week. Hope all those with a holiday today enjoy the break.
    Yes, it is 7 sample cans of powder. Once the can is open it is good for a month. We would not be able to use the amount sold in stores within that time. So the sample cans are perfect. Like prepared formula, once prepared it can be kept in the fridge for 24 hours and once fed up to 2 hours. Since Josie is 6 months and healthy, I think a lot of the "precautions" are probably over kill but we abide by them just in case. We chose to go from breast to cup with the other two and are doing the same with her. It makes for interesting and messier feedings than with a bottle (not that she would know what to do with that either!) Right now we are trying a small sippy without the suction insert so the formula free flows. I had these perfect TEENY TINY cups without suction with my other two. I can't find them now. They were great for babies. They looked like doll cups and I had bought at a Dollar store. Thanks for your tips, I know you must be pro with all the twin help you give.

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Granger: the weather in the London area is a force unto itself. I went to my parents on Saturday and they are just 20 minutes east of the city, the whole time I was there was dark and blustery and I was sure I was going to get stuck. I left around 3 pm and within 5 minutes I was in sunshine. Having lived in the London area until I married makes me appreciate winter.
    I think today will be a quite day at home. laundry is done and so I will go for a walk and enjoy my book. It feels like I am getting a cold too, so far I have been healthy all winter.
    We drove from gorgeous sun and clear roads into snowmageddon and squalls. It was insane how different the weather gradient was 15-30min apart in our travels.
    Last edited by Granger; Mon, Feb 15th, 2016 at 11:27 AM.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    saundlyn if it does not go down when the boys go back maybe talk to your internet provider, we had something like that happen to us quite a few years back. I do not remember all of the details now but basically some how even though we had a password on our modem and re set the password others were connecting to our WiFi without using a password. They said it was a modem defect and replaced ours for free as we got it through our internet provider.
    Our wifi router isn't thru our Internet provider I manage it ourselves. Our modem plugs into it directly.

I'll reset it to factory next weekend if it doesn't lessen

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ahh snapsaves has bitten the dust come march 1 -uggg right when I was at 17.00 they are coverting over to groupon which I haven't used in years
    -another rebate /coupon program gone with the times
    -doing laundry and my 1,000 piece puzzle from dollarama 3.00 and they are awesome nice thick pieces

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    ahh snapsaves has bitten the dust come march 1 -uggg right when I was at 17.00 they are coverting over to groupon which I haven't used in years
    -another rebate /coupon program gone with the times
    -doing laundry and my 1,000 piece puzzle from dollarama 3.00 and they are awesome nice thick pieces
    Thank you for sharing. I didn't know SnapSaves was going under...of sorts. I'll have to check my account balance and decide what to do from there.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    Over the last 2 days he and I haven't been on the computers set our phones and my tablet to use my phone's data...changed the WiFi password so nothing but the boys ipads and our laptops (which are closed and off when we aren't using them) and the usage still jumped 30 gb since friday night.

We thought maybe the new ps4 was part of it...and possibly the neighbour's as we've been told teens around town are giving out passwords....however those couldn't have used any since yesterday after the settings were changed. I even checked the router to see if the satellite was plugged in via ethernet.

Any pcs I fix I use a temp password thru my phone so people don't get our password. Both bfs laptop and my laptop had cleanings and virus scans run yesterday as well to make sure. The worst I found was the Swagbucks button app for firefox.

Last week before the boys came home to us on the 8th we had total of 16gb of usage in 7days. its the 7 days since it's gone to approx 100 gb as of 7 pm today. I will admit to 20gb of usage because of downloading updates for my repair tools Tuesday night, windows 10 backup and a movie streamed on Netflix. We know 9 to 10 gb was the call of duty update Monday on the ps4 but no one else will admit to anything else so 50 gb are unaccounted for.

To be quite honest with getting hurt this summer and bf getting hurt again neither of us were cutting boys off electronics because there was no energy for a fight their Mom lost their land line and went mobile so we allowed for a bit more And the usage spiked then. And hasn't dropped since even the 3 months bf was at work before the 2nd accident. And ds2 is a huge huge fight to get him off that ipad and often if he's off that he'll try for his ds to watch youtube. Ds1 sneaks onto his in the middle of the night.

I figure....it will tell this week how it jumps if it's being used like crazy while the boys are with their mom...

Their Mom has also indicated that she's paying major overage fees at her house because of data usage.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
    Have you checked your router log, it normally shows who's on the internet and at what times.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Have you checked your router log, it normally shows who's on the internet and at what times.
    I've actually been looking for that log and it doesn't look like it was enabled
    Meh

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

I'm baaack!!! Got home late last night after spending a couple of days with my Mom (she LOVES Vegas, so wanted to hear all about it). Did not enjoy the shock of going from 24C to -24C in 4 hrs. Yikes! What the heck kind of practical joke is that?!?!?!?! Ah, but the adventure was oh so worth it. Went to the top of the Eiffel Tower, hung out inside a pyramid, listened as the Roman gods explained the destruction of Atlantis, had a hot dog beside the Statue of Liberty, and watched the gondolas in Venice. Not to mention tons of street theatre. Even discovered that Superman and Captain America like to dine at McDonalds. Walked and walked (took the bus a few times) and took tons of pictures (none downloaded yet). Needless to say, I am now incredibly sore all over, but the fun was worth the price I'll have to pay for the next few weeks til I get back to normal.

Lily dog was happy to see me, Quincy cat is still annoyed.

Better go make amends - time to go make lunch for us.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Welcome back, Andi! Glad you had a wonderful time!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-made a nice supper for hubby chicken breast ,mashed potatoes corn -gravy too since I didn't do anything on valentines day
    -plus bought strawberries fro 2.44 at fortinos the other day and I lindt equador dark chocolate bar .94 reduced and I made 6 large nice chocolate covered strawberries for us hubby only wanted one so the rest were for me -yummm way cheaper than buying them already made up

Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread Information