User Tag List

Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree3260Likes

Thread: February 2016 Frugal chatter thread - All Welcome!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We are having a quiet day at home. Dh has my truck again today because a belt broke on his truck on Subday. This really sucks because his diesel truck has been in the shop 4 times already in 2016, including paying $120 for inspection for possible work that will need done. They didn't find anything, but Dh and & I have. Dh spoke with the owner when he dropped off his trick this time, sk hopefully this is the end of our issues. It didn't get as warm out as forecasted. I caught up on the dishes and started supper for tonight, which will be shepherd's pie. I had a long text conversation with my younger sister this afternoon. It was really nice. She is on university spring break, so did actually had time to chat.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I called the shop to check on dh's truck. His truck is fixed. He will have to sign a warrantee claim form because the AC compressor went & that is what caused the belt to go.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

LAundry is on the go. Cleaned the coffee table so I am sorting and folding on it and putting away. Kitchen is cleaned. Posted an item for sale lol. Will pull a bin and get posting!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-I am loving this online shopping -nope not getting carried away cause I finished my easter shopping for ashlyn
    indigo is 15% off this weekend (off reg price items )-promo15 is the code-got her play figures ,mellissa and doug paints -20% off -mellissa and doug toys are awesome when on sale -plus uses my plum points for an additional 5.00 off -love the points programs
    -all with out leaving the house -love it
    -had son /wife and ashlyn over for supper last night -I got a big hi nanaaa when she waked in the door -so nice getting together with family -we painted ,played playdoh and she pushed around my wicker doll buggy -yes I have a wicker doll buggy(was bought for me when we were in Germany -army father )was mine when I was a baby got it when I was age one -mind you the wheels are a bit old looking and I have a black baby doll named suzy (her eyes open and close ) ashlyn loves her

-everything was great til ashlyn wanted to sit on my ottoman -then she toppled off didn't hurt herself but was taken back -she is so strong and wants to do things her way now 2 yrs 5 months coming into the terrible 3 ,s

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -I am loving this online shopping -nope not getting carried away cause I finished my easter shopping for ashlyn
    indigo is 15% off this weekend (off reg price items )-promo15 is the code-got her play figures ,mellissa and doug paints -20% off -mellissa and doug toys are awesome when on sale -plus uses my plum points for an additional 5.00 off -love the points programs
    -all with out leaving the house -love it
    -had son /wife and ashlyn over for supper last night -I got a big hi nanaaa when she waked in the door -so nice getting together with family -we painted ,played playdoh and she pushed around my wicker doll buggy -yes I have a wicker doll buggy(was bought for me when we were in Germany -army father )was mine when I was a baby got it when I was age one -mind you the wheels are a bit old looking and I have a black baby doll named suzy (her eyes open and close ) ashlyn loves her

-everything was great til ashlyn wanted to sit on my ottoman -then she toppled off didn't hurt herself but was taken back -she is so strong and wants to do things her way now 2 yrs 5 months coming into the terrible 3 ,s
    @coupon girl Nice shopping. I love online shopping too...rarely go into stores anymore except for groceries. Do you do EBATES?

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I am so glad its Friday, another busy weekend of Lacrosse. I have been spending hours of time reading personal finance blogs. Trying to see how we can step it up a notch. Our investments are tanking like everyone else's and so now its a save more mindset. We use our credit card to pay everything so I can easily see we are spending less. I have been putting the money into our RRSP. Even though it sucks now, buying low is going to work eventually. DH also plans to claim the T220 for the 1st time as he was working at home 100%, no longer has an office to go to. In the past he never claimed it as working at home was a 50% so it will be interesting to see what impact it has on our taxes. Does anyone have any experience with the T220 deduction?
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I am so happy it is Friday definitely not feeling my best today but had to come in for Webex training for our out of town branches. I considered going home once the training was done but going to see if I can make it the whole day. I just hate taking sick time.

This weekend is going to be baking, baking and more baking for next weeks meetings. My original plan to get a couple batters done each night did not work out so this weekend will be the big push to get it all done. I think I will bake almost everything off and freeze it so I can just defrost and serve this week.

As well I have changed up a couple of my recipes to some easier recipes, I am really aiming for yummy but quick. Going to try 2 different flavours of copy cat Costco Muffins which I think will be a hit but I am making them into mini muffins so they are grab and go.

We did our grocery shopping last night which was an adventure but it is done now which makes me happy. We got what we need for the weekend so think I am going to aim for a weekend in. Got a ton of stuff at Food Basics and then finished up at RCSS. All and all we came in under budget which always makes me happy.

Well better get back to work, hopefully this afternoon will fly by. Have a great day everyone.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We picked up dh's truck this morning, cost us $0 because of parts warrantee. We went out for breakfast at Humpty's, but now my stomach feels sick from the food. Yuck! That olus the extra cost is why I haven't gone out to eat with Dh in about 3wks. They have free kids pancakes, and we used our ECS discount card, but if still doesn't seem worth it.

I have dh's white dress shirts in the wash. Folded the load of kids clothes that I finished last night. I still have 2 more baskets of clean clothes waiting to be folded and put away. I think we are going to stay home for now. Might take everyone outside to play after nap time.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well went out this morning to dollarama love that their 1,000 piece puzzles are 3.00 found a peppe pig coloring book for 1.25 last one and got a new loaf pan 3.00-betty crocker
    -well used my checkout 51 and kijij money to set aside some money for my son's birthday next week -even gave hubby money for his wallet -It felt good cause I am contributing in my small way (even thou I am not working)and we didn't have to take any money out of the bank -just cashed my 29.00 checkout51 cheque and starting all over again

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Afternoon all,

Where does the time go???

Laundry is washed and hung over the woodstove and indoor clothesline.

Tonight is meatless supper so doing pancakes again and grilled cheeses for ds1.

Ds1 said to return the new coat as he likes his current coat. He suggested ordering a larger size and putting it away for next year which in theory is a great idea, HOWEVER, his taste may change and although I got a really good deal, if he decides he doesn't like it next year then it's a loss. So I will return it next week.

MIL picked me up to take pictures of her grandfather clock she wants me to post for sale (done), I took the pictures and confirmed with their contractor that we are still a go for early April bedroom renos at home....yippee.

I'm anxiously awaiting my T4's to get my/our taxes done so I have a true budget figure.

Dh is stopping at the post office to pickup my Lowe's lighting order and will install this weekend (fingers crossed).

Wishing everyone a wonderful afternoon & weekend.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I had a peek through the flyers this weekend and couldn't really find too many things that I was interested in. It's such a strange feeling to have almost nothing on my shopping list that it feels like I'll be shopping without a list at all. I managed to come up with a list the usual size, but it's going to depend on whether or not the stores carry these things. For example, Metro has apples for $0.88/lb, but they're Red Prince apples. I don't think I'll be finding a price match for those anywhere!

I'm hoping our taxes get done soon too, but no T4s in sight! I think I'm also waiting for a slip from insurance benefits that will be available online March 10th. Such a difference from DH's company who issues their tax receipts January 2nd!

Edit: not even any PC Plus offers to get me into the store!
    Last edited by sweet sparrow; Fri, Feb 19th, 2016 at 02:16 PM.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

good morning everyone. This month I did not have to transfer money over to cover anything, shocker! I think not going out as much to the stores during my " laid up " period with my back and leg was the reason. ( not much was put on the CC's so lower balances! )
    Now that I am getting around much better ( and swimming! ) I'll have to try and repeat that method for next month.

babies teach us acceptance

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    good morning everyone. This month I did not have to transfer money over to cover anything, shocker! I think not going out as much to the stores during my " laid up " period with my back and leg was the reason. ( not much was put on the CC's so lower balances! )
    Now that I am getting around much better ( and swimming! ) I'll have to try and repeat that method for next month.
    I just saw that lovely pool. I thought all Toronto community centers charged?

It reminds me of a pool I saw in Barrie. When DH and I were dating, a new community centre opened up and we went to go, but it was always closed. We went during the hours posted on their website and they always had an excuse (pool reserved for a swim meet, pool being cleaned, etc.). Notice was never posted online so we always had to get to the front door with all our swim gear to find out it was closed.

Of course, as you know, there's extra prep work for ladies to get into a pool compared to the gentlemen, so I was annoyed at having to do all the extra effort. After three times of going during opening hours to find it closed, we gave up. All I got to do was press my nose to the glass to peer in. (Figuratively speaking, of course!)

Very pretty pool though. Sigh.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    I just saw that lovely pool. I thought all Toronto community centers charged?

It reminds me of a pool I saw in Barrie. When DH and I were dating, a new community centre opened up and we went to go, but it was always closed. We went during the hours posted on their website and they always had an excuse (pool reserved for a swim meet, pool being cleaned, etc.). Notice was never posted online so we always had to get to the front door with all our swim gear to find out it was closed.

Of course, as you know, there's extra prep work for ladies to get into a pool compared to the gentlemen, so I was annoyed at having to do all the extra effort. After three times of going during opening hours to find it closed, we gave up. All I got to do was press my nose to the glass to peer in. (Figuratively speaking, of course!)

Very pretty pool though. Sigh.
    Is it the pool at the Holly Centre with the waterslides?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I am wiped! What a crazy busy day today but had to get it done. People waiting for this to get taxes done will be pleased My head is aching. Thinking I am just hungry. Can't wait to see DS's report card because I think picking up Chinese is what he deserves!!! Have a great night everyone. Think I will be taking it easy and relaxing after this crazy day/week!

Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information