User Tag List

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree3260Likes

Thread: February 2016 Frugal chatter thread - All Welcome!!!

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Good morning ladies

I had a migraine that lasted all weekend feeling better today

Angela awesome news on the twins wow

Avon sorry to hear of your hubby cancer return will keep you in my prayers

coupon girli know want you mean i went through that with my 2 granddaughers who were 3yrs and a 4 mth old i was bone tried at the end of the day.

Well time for some breakfast and a nice cup of tea
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Hope to have a productive day at work today and then a productive evening at home!. Lots of laundry to do and prepping for the rest of the week. Getting my DS's birthday bag ready this week too. Should have it all done by the weekend and over a week ahead!!! So proud of me

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

The countdown is on. By this time next week, I'll be at the airport, waiting to go enjoy the hot Nevada sun. Here's hoping the brats forgive me for abandoning them to get some Vit D.

I've already been taken for 2 walks today by each of the brats. Not sure what is going on - must be spring fever given the mild temps today.

Today's project is to tidy up the kitchen - between making fudge, baking banana bread and taking stock of what staples are needed, I made a bit of a mess that needs to be cleaned up if I want my counter space back. Or I can play with the brats. Decisions, decisions.

Better get going.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Whew! I had to take a deep breath after reading your post! So must thought, calculation, and energy!

Good for you!
    Thanks for reading through the post! I can talk like that too but forget it's too much for others at one go!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    I had to pop out yesterday to pick up some fish fillets and vegetables for the week. I was excited to find broccoli crowns at a decent price, but LO did not like them. She decided to express her displeasure right back towards Mommy. I hope this is just a phase. She used to like them before. Came back and picked up a special treat for her and DH. When I told her I had a surprise, she said "You got medication?" Oh LO, never change. Ha ha! DH muttered something about low expectations.
    Oh, how I wish I had a zinger to give you to use on LO when the need arises. It might just make her think that you have feelings too.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    Good morning, everyone.

The countdown is on. By this time next week, I'll be at the airport, waiting to go enjoy the hot Nevada sun. Here's hoping the brats forgive me for abandoning them to get some Vit D.

I've already been taken for 2 walks today by each of the brats. Not sure what is going on - must be spring fever given the mild temps today.

Today's project is to tidy up the kitchen - between making fudge, baking banana bread and taking stock of what staples are needed, I made a bit of a mess that needs to be cleaned up if I want my counter space back. Or I can play with the brats. Decisions, decisions.

Better get going.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    The warm weather apparently has enticed birds into the produce section at my local Walmart store. I found out there were 5 indoors at one time but the count is down to two. Saw one bird balancing on metal rod above the salad unit. Perhaps Quincy and Lily are hearing the sunshine calling them out to play!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Fortino's had 2 loaves of cracked wheat sliced bread with 30% off stickers-nabbed them as it's been about a month since I last had the pleasure of discounted bread. Boxes of Paczki marked down to-saw mostly lemon or apple boxes so added an apple box to my shop! One loaf of bread will go into the freezer.
    Realized I had enough money to make three photocopies and purchase two single stamps-got the tax return and one credit agency report request into the mail. No luck on getting Year of the Monkey stamps as singles-only sold in packs. So I made sure the contest link on the CP receipt worked and commented on how themed stamps ought to be available as single stamps too. Current price for a stamp for Canadian mail is $1 plus HST. Ouch.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    morning all -up early as I went to bed early last night 8.30 watching a toddler can wear you out when in your 50's
    -so did a load of laundry cause its cheaper then into the shower and off I go for 7.00 today
    -tired last night so had a little cesar's pizza 5.55
    @coupon girl I would be tired too BUT it's a good tired AND I bet you wouldn't have it any other way

I don't blame you for getting a ready to eat pizza for $5.55 can't beat that price after buying one and cooking, you're way ahead in my opinion
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Fortino's had 2 loaves of cracked wheat sliced bread with 30% off stickers-nabbed them as it's been about a month since I last had the pleasure of discounted bread. Boxes of Paczki marked down to-saw mostly lemon or apple boxes so added an apple box to my shop! One loaf of bread will go into the freezer.
    Realized I had enough money to make three photocopies and purchase two single stamps-got the tax return and one credit agency report request into the mail. No luck on getting Year of the Monkey stamps as singles-only sold in packs. So I made sure the contest link on the CP receipt worked and commented on how themed stamps ought to be available as single stamps too. Current price for a stamp for Canadian mail is $1 plus HST. Ouch.
    Are you already done your taxes? We love Paczkis
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Is buying 19 cookbooks frugal or do I need an intervention?? hee hee. At the Thrift Store in Ajax this week they are having an awesome sale on books ( any kind, hardcovers too! ) There are so many to choose from, but I head straight for the cookbooks always.
    The deal is .77 each OR 10 books for $5.00 OR 20 books for $10.00.
    AND you pay NO TAX!!
    I bought my hubby a large hardcover Art Painting Book of Landscapes and the other 19 items are mine...ALL mine!
    I found 6 of the Company's Coming series that suit my WW life ( left all the cake, desserts and bad ones there! )

I am still stunned at 2 of the huge hardcovers I got with all glossy pics of the dishes! Plus these were all in excellent condition.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Cookbook photos or cooking magazine photos can do me in. However, my cooking output is scarcely changed but I do keep adding recipes to my binder!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Is buying 19 cookbooks frugal or do I need an intervention??
    Well, my dear, I suppose that all depends on you using all 19. I expect a full report each month on one recipe with photos and reviews for the next year and a half. (I give you one month off for good behaviour.)

But seriously, we all need a hobby and that was much more frugal than a cooking class! Need anymore? I have some signed by Jamie Oliver that I don't refer to anymore, but it's hard to release with his scribble in the front. Sigh. One he signed to me personally.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    You're getting me very excited about doing taxes. Of course, we have no tax receipts this year. Strangely, DH's company usually issues them January 2nd. My company issues them on the last day legally allowed.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It looks like our twins are teething bits been interesting the last few days. I was up with babies until midnight. Up with baby boy at 2:30am. Our 3yr old son started his day at 6:30am. Our friend was 1hr late for our meeting regarding the event...he's the MC. He commented about how very tired I look. He helped me some with the kids to try and make the grocery shopping easier. I spent $175 in one shopping trip for the first time since I became an adult. Sobeys 10% off day, bonus 35AM wub $180 (qualified before the discount was applied), 50% off frozen veggies x2 from AM offers, rain check, $3 in coupons, sales, and bonus AM offers. I will submit my receipt to CO51 since I purchased 2 box of Christmas Rice Krispies for $1.99 each and also enter their contest. We have a lot of lean ground been to make into meatballs and cook for the freezer and package up a bunch for the freezer which is now quite full. The kids are now content or asleep...I might try to accomplish some stuff in the kitchen before dh gets home. I'm sure he'll help when he's done work.

Dh started s new deliver route in January which results in him working about 30min longer each day. Plus his job is unionized so he just received his annual raise. This will increase his portion of the household income.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

A good day at work! Feeling full of energy to tackle lots at home! Dinner will be simple and quick since just youngest DS and myself. I feel like eggs and toast. Hopefully he does too!! If not I have cooked taco meat in the freezer I could defrost quickly.
    I will pull a whole chicken from the freezer tonight and defrost in sink and hopefully pop in the oven this evening and make rice and veggies for tomorrow nights dinner. (I picked up 3 whole chickens on Sunday at NF for $1.77 LB less 30 % off.)
    I will sort laundry and bring it to laundry room so it is ready to go at 7pm. And hope to take the dog for a little walk before the storm comes as they say (if we even get it). Have a good night everyone!

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information