User Tag List

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34
Like Tree3260Likes

Thread: February 2016 Frugal chatter thread - All Welcome!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Did my sdm shop, did great got 19,771 points had a spend $75 get 16K plus a few bonus offers, then got the 2 gcs (which expire March 20th) AND I got items that were all on sale and needed...gotta love those shops.

Supper was pork balls (pork cubed and battered) with rice & veggies.

Wishing everyone a great evening.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

got in at 8.00 p.m from my daughter's/son-in-law's we had a lovely dinner chicken breasts,mashed potatoes ,homemade buns -roast gravy
    -and she bought cupcakes and we sang to my son for his birthday -ashlyn got a kick out of it and she was so good she didnteven nap this afternoon we left at 1.00 p.m -and she didn't nap on the way home such a sweetie
    -love it when both my grown kids and us and their spouses are all together so nice

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

lilo thank you for the great info biased or not.

I received a huge scholarship. $2000 for 4 years. Universities typically do not offer scholarships like these any more. I lived at home and my parents took care of housing, food and car (which I shared with my sister). She had to go to the same university as me (it worked out though) due to car sharing. We paid for gas and were told to work our tails off for our scholarships. Mine paid 50% of tuition and the rest of my tuition and books were paid through summer income. I didn't work during the school year and also saved and budgeted spending. My sister also worked two jobs in addition to school. She chose to let her scholarship go to make school less stressful as it was $500 per year and took on the job instead. She also made more and partied harder.

Costs are much more now I know than 15 years ago.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Yesterday was not the day I had planned for. I woke up feeling like I was getting a cold and had no ambition. I did not get anything done around the house but did find a server I could be on for work so managed to send out 1200 letters for work. Our system is down this weekend for upgrades so I am having to get creative. This month is insane for me we have so many projects I am in charge of, dealing with with, have to complete it is going to be a long month so any chances I get to try to get ahead I have to take.

We went grocery shopping on Friday, cost a little more then I would have liked but that is because I decided to stock up on a few items as I found coupons and there was a rebate on CO51. The items we got were:
    Dawn Dish Soap $1.49 - $0.50 Coupon - $0.50 CO51 = $0.48/bottle (Got 2)
    Herbal Essences $2.49 - $1.25 wub 2 Coupon - $0.50 CO51 = $1.37/Bottle (Got 4)
    Ivory Body Wash $2.00 - $.075 Coupon - $2.00 WUB 2 CO51 = $0.25/Bottle (Got 2)
    Olay Face Scrub $3.88 (No Coupon impulse buy on blow out for half the regular price) - $2.00 WUB 2 CO51 = $2.88/bottle (Got 4)

I spent about $75 which is still right on budget but I think I got used to coming in under budget as we have been really sticking to only the basics lately with little to no stocking up. I always find Paper Products and Heath and Beauty items are what drive my budget up even when I get a great deal.

Not sure what today will bring yet, I feel better then yesterday but still not back to normal yet, just hoping I was able to beat it before it came on.

Have a great day everyone.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good afternoon, everyone.

My Mom is still tired, will be a while til she's back up to speed, but at least she can sleep in her own bed and eat real food.

Lily dog is still in a bad way. She's not quite paralyzed, but she can't seem to control her back legs, it's like they turn to jello when she tries to stand. Poor girl is too tired to tell me when she has to use the facilities and made a mess - this is a dog who freaks if there is a speck of mud on her toenail - so she is just horrified (she is refusing to make eye contact, even when I tell her it's ok). I gave her a full bath yesterday - got quite the workout carrying her from her bed to the bathtub and then to a spot near the kitchen, so she can see what's going on (it was also too hard to get her out of her bed, so there is an ulterior motive here). We're off to the vet tomorrow, since the bed rest doesn't seem to be working, and in case there is something else going on.

Quincy cat is in a mood. He refuses to walk past Lily or go anywhere near her. I have to carry him back and forth whenever he screams (litter box is on one side of the girl, food/water/sunshine on the other side of her).

It's a good thing there is no way to measure stress levels, cause mine would be through the roof.

I was supposed to get some paperwork done this weekend. I've spent hours looking for the forms/info I need - I realized I had read over one document 3 times before realizing it was one of the ones I needed.

Hoping once we see the vet tomorrow, then visit my Mom, my stress will vanish. Sigh. I was hoping with the leap year, I'd have an extra day of joy this February.

Better go back and check on the poor girl.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, Andi - hugs for you and Lily, sure hope things get better for her. How old is she?

Today, it's cloudy and windy - and getting colder by the hour; we'll be on our way down to -27 by nightfall, ick.

Happy news - son is coming for supper and a visit!

Have a great day, everyone!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

popped over to shoppers after a walk with hubby today -so glorious out +13 degrees a bit windy but hey cant complain
    -it was nice to spend the over 75.00 (and get the harveys and shoppers promo)i needed a bunch of med anyway-I got 16,000 points emailed to me in total 18,920 points

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quiet day here today. You all must of been as busy as me.

I have an online chat in a bit to decide how we are going to close the course. I think the end date will be extended because the instructor was inactive for the first week and a half (long story) so it took over 2 weeks in to get going. I think people will need more time on their projects. I need a bit, but am ready for it to be done!
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Andit hope all goes well with the vet tomorrow, hugs

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Andit: our last dog had something similar and the vet prescribed Valium. He wanted zero movement as he suggested a pinched nerve. Hopefully Lilly's concern is as easily treated.
    It was a beautiful day here, and now they are suggesting a snow storm Tuesday. Yuck.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Freezing start to the day with a -31 windchill! Ick!

Hope everyone finds something fun and/or relaxing to do on this 'extra' day!

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34

Thread Information