User Tag List

Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree3260Likes

Thread: February 2016 Frugal chatter thread - All Welcome!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

February 2016 Frugal chatter thread - All Welcome!!!

Share ideas of how to stretch your dollar a little further.

With the rising cost of everything it seems these days let's share how we can keep more $ in our pockets.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Buy frozen veggies! I'm a couple days early posting.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 6 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I'll also post a little early.

I am still enjoying the weekly AM offers that I load for Sobeys. I receive two 50% off offers each week in addition to bonus AM offers. They do a pretty good job reflecting my shopping habits. Examples of my 50% off offers: case of chicken breasts, Sobeys brand sausages, green giant frozen veggies, Sobeys frozen veggies, eggs, various brands of chips, 6pk of cheese bread sticks, mini wheats, 2L milk, 4L milk, etc. I look forward to these offers and they are good for 2wks on my card. When I had an issues with being charged full price on my 50% off sausage offer I called the number on the website and they loaded AM to my card to equal the amount that the discount should have been.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Getting a head start on our February budget!!
    The last of the family b'days is in a couple of days and Hallelujah to that! No more restaurant and cake temptations until Sept now.
    Mind you we did postpone our celebration at the Manadarin in Dec. for DH and DS#1 special days because " someone " here hurt her back.
    So the plan was tomorrow, well o.k. it is almost 3:00 a.m. so today ( Sunday ) we had planned to make it a 4 b'day celebration ( mine and DS#2, along with the other 2 ) but all of us caught. well we somehow " shared " a cold over this week! Then DS#1 who is on his own called today to say he also caught a cold and was not sure how he'd feel tomorrow! Too freaking funny!!! It may get put on hold again.

This all works great for the budget though....stay home blowing into tissues!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Royale tissue boxes are 69 cents this week at Shoppers. I did get a box of Life brand last flyer for 59 cents-easier to put some tissues in my pocket from the box than spend over $3 for pocket pack bundle (Life brand) unless the bundle is on sale.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Today we cleaned out one of our 3 freezers and found a ton of stuff we can use. Tonight we used a slightly frost bitten part package of Ground Beef and the left over Prime Rib and bones from Christmas.

For the Ground Beef I made Cheeseburger Soup, after the simmering time you can no longer tell the Ground Beef was a little frost bitten. As well this used up the potatoes that were starting to sprout (How did that happen in my house), as well as Beef Broth that expired last a week ago but it still perfectly fine for use.

With the Prime Rib we made Prime Rib Pho simmered the bones and meat in another broth we needed to use up, added a Chinese flare with tons of veggies and instant Chinese noddles.

As well I took put a tube of Greek Yogurt I will use to make muffins probably tomorrow night right after work. As long as I put them in right after work I can get them out before the rate change.

We also have a list of other things we need to use up and it was actually nice to see we have quite a bit of stuff and this is only one freezer so I am happy.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I spent a chunk of time on Friday afternoon calling and requesting coupons from a variety of companies that I have made a list of. It will help to replenish my collection a bit. I also like to look forward to receiving fun stuff in the mail, not just bills and junk.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I have some interesting news to share. I was finally given permission to share this news earlier in January. I am 1 of 6 children, I am the third oldest. My older brother, sister, and I each had one boy as our oldest child. In February 2015 my SIL gave birth to a set of twin boys after receiving IUI treatments. February 2015 is also the month that we found out that I was having spontaneous twins, which just means that they are natural twins...twins don't run in our family. My older sister is now 21.3wks pregnant with twins after IVF treatments. This means that my parents are going from 3 to 9 grandchildren in the span of 1.5yrs. Currently there are 6 grandsons in a row and 1 granddaughter.

My sister is not finding out the gender of her twins until they are born. Her twins are actually due on our younger sister's birthday, but they will likely be born in May because they are twins. Her son is nearly 15yrs old and was born 5.5wks premature and she never was told why.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Feb 1st, 2016 at 12:23 AM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I have some interesting news to share. I was finally have been given permission to share this news earlier in January. I am 1 of 6 children, I am the third oldest. My older brother, sister, and I each had one boy as our oldest child. In February 2015 my SIL gave birth to a set of twin boys after receiving IUI treatments. February 2015 is also the month that we found out that I was having spontaneous twins, which just means that they are natural twins...twins don't run in our family. My older sister is now 21.3wks pregnant with twins after IVF treatments. This means that my parents are going from 3 to 9 grandchildren in the span of 1.5yrs. Currently there are 6 grandsons in a row and 1 granddaughter.

My sister is not finding out the gender of her twins until they are born. Her twins are actually due on our younger sister's birthday, but they will likely be born in May because they are twins. Her son is nearly 15yrs old and was born 5.5wks premature and she never was told why.
    Oh my!! What incredible joy to have all those new babies to hug and hold, your parents must be over the moon excited I'll bet! Congrats to all of you parents.

babies teach us acceptance

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    WOW rough start to the morning, I totally slept in which is so unlike me. Seems like I just cannot get back on track since I was up Friday night not feeling well. None of the less back at it for another week. In my office and sorting through my paperwork to see what this week will bring.

Well better to get to work, have a great day everyone.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning, everyone!

Hope you all have a lovely start to the month!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Morning All. Haven`t been around much...have been really busy. People must think I have a fairy in my closet that waves a magic wand and poof!! whatever they want is done.
    Also have been fighting some personal demons. There is someone in my life that I don`t want there but at this time I have no choice. I don`t like being made to feel like a charity case.
    Sorry to hear of all the deaths and illnesses.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I have some interesting news to share. I was finally given permission to share this news earlier in January. I am 1 of 6 children, I am the third oldest. My older brother, sister, and I each had one boy as our oldest child. In February 2015 my SIL gave birth to a set of twin boys after receiving IUI treatments. February 2015 is also the month that we found out that I was having spontaneous twins, which just means that they are natural twins...twins don't run in our family. My older sister is now 21.3wks pregnant with twins after IVF treatments. This means that my parents are going from 3 to 9 grandchildren in the span of 1.5yrs. Currently there are 6 grandsons in a row and 1 granddaughter.

Congratulations! The grandparents are going to have to start saving up for Christmases!

Good afternoon, everyone! I'm hoping to make a good start to February. I'm trying to make the most of a day off by scheduling a health appointment today. The office was 2.5 km away, according to Google, so I went out for an early morning jog. It didn't do me any good as the doctor was late and I ended up pacing outside for over 20 minutes. Brrrr! I couldn't jog in the parking lot either as there was black ice everywhere. I've done pretty much no exercise since mid-December, so it may not have been a good idea.

On the way back, I bought three boxes of blueberries from the No Frills and had a 800 points offer for each. Popped into the neighbouring SDM and chose a few things for two $30 shops this upcoming Wednesday. We'll see if they still have stock. Also on the way back, I returned an extra part DH bought from Rona. He repaired LO's stroller with a $0.15 pin rather than buying the $20 replacement wheel from Graco. The wheel fell off at every curb, but seems as good as new now! We'll see how permanent this fix is. I returned the more expensive item because I'm sure when we actually need it to fix something, we'd never find it, and there's a good chance it's the wrong size/shape/etc. and we may never need it.

Off I go to the library to pick up a book! Then it's back for lunch, then clean all the bathrooms before picking up LO at daycare. If there's time, I'll make a freezer meal and start on dinner. Time to run again (literally!).

P.S. I am so grateful for these warm temperatures today. Friday was awful.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Today we cleaned out one of our 3 freezers and found a ton of stuff we can use. Tonight we used a slightly frost bitten part package of Ground Beef and the left over Prime Rib and bones from Christmas.

For the Ground Beef I made Cheeseburger Soup, after the simmering time you can no longer tell the Ground Beef was a little frost bitten. As well this used up the potatoes that were starting to sprout (How did that happen in my house), as well as Beef Broth that expired last a week ago but it still perfectly fine for use.

With the Prime Rib we made Prime Rib Pho simmered the bones and meat in another broth we needed to use up, added a Chinese flare with tons of veggies and instant Chinese noddles.

As well I took put a tube of Greek Yogurt I will use to make muffins probably tomorrow night right after work. As long as I put them in right after work I can get them out before the rate change.

We also have a list of other things we need to use up and it was actually nice to see we have quite a bit of stuff and this is only one freezer so I am happy.
    Great job

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

What wonderful news, thanks for sharing

Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information