• 1 Post By Arvilish
  • 3 Post By bhlombardy
  • 1 Post By dyalect
  • 1 Post By bhlombardy

Thread: Amazon packaging

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm not sure what's going on at the Amazon warehouses, but the packaging is hit and miss.

Sometimes, it's bang-on. The box fits the item plus some extra padding... no complaints.
    Other times the box is WAY too big for the item and maybe it's padded correctly, maybe it's not... and the item stands a fair chance of survival.

And then there are times where there's ZERO chance the item will survive in the package they provided. This is one of those times.

I ordered a Lego Dimensions Pack... and while its Lego and the contents of the Lego pack were otherwise unharmed, the box was completely smashed.

Attachment 321051

Attachment 321052

Seriously... who packages something like that in a padded envelope and expects it to survive?

Was planning to give this as a gift...

Have no fear, I'm bringing this up with Amazon. Let's see what happens.

--

UPDATE:

I was able to (mostly) re-shape the main box. and I cut the top flap off, which actually made it easier to wrap. The recipient tore into the box anyway and since it was Lego, the parts inside were unharmed.

Amazon has offered to give me a full refund or replace the item (with no expectation to return the smashed one). Now what am I going to do with a second one? Since the first was was indeed playable, I went with the refund.

--
    This thread is currently associated with: Amazon.ca & Amazon.com
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Sun, Oct 23rd, 2016 at 08:29 AM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, that's too bad - I've had it happen with Sears for gifts before.
    Hopefully they will get back to you about it.
    Newfiescreech and DaveP like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

They did the same thing with my mom tea! It was also smashed as if someone sat over it. *SMH*
    Newfiescreech likes this.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

UPDATE:

I was able to (mostly) re-shape the main box. and I cut the top flap off, which actually made it easier to wrap. The recipient tore into the box anyway and since it was Lego, the parts inside were unharmed.

Amazon has offered to give me a full refund or replace the item (with no expectation to return the smashed one). Now what am I going to do with a second one? Since the first was was indeed playable, I went with the refund.

This is the third time (out of 15 orders) over the past 10 months that they've packaged something poorly and I've suffered a damaged product. I complained each time... 3 failures out of 15 is a 20% failure rate (in my experience).
    - January saw Amazon replace a $120 limited edition Blu-ray box set (which I had to send back) ...
    - in May it was a crushed box of batteries shipped in a flat cardboard mailer-- the damage had no impact on the on the batteries but the package was broken and they were loose inside the mailer. (and I received no reparation for, although I did complain about the poor packaging)
    - this recent shipment just goes and shows that nothing has been done to resolve their poor packaging issues, despite the complaints

I appreciate Amazon offering the refund this time, and of course I took it. But this is a matter of practice and principle. What I would REALLY want is for them to solve this poor-packing problem at the core.

I wouldnt buy an item that was smashed and mangled like this at a retail store. I shouldn't expect to receive an item like this from an online store either.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arvilish View Post
    They did the same thing with my mom tea! It was also smashed as if someone sat over it. *SMH*
    >>

my main beef with amazon / post office is leaving expensive stuff sitting on the porch. making it easier for thieves.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by dyalect View Post
    >>

my main beef with amazon / post office is leaving expensive stuff sitting on the porch. making it easier for thieves.
    That's on Amazon for choosing a shipping option that requires no secure delivery. If you don't actually receive it when you get home put a claim in with Amazon (NOT CANADA POST, they were just doing what they were told by Amazon). Amazon will refund or replace the item.

I had this happen with Costco once too. an $800 surround sound receiver I ordered online, left on my stoop. At that time, I knew my delivery driver personally, and he even texted me when he dropped it off. I was late getting home from work and it was gone. Costco sent another one, this time with a signature required so I had to go to the nearest depot to pick it up.

Thread Information