User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By tjthemanto
  • 1 Post By jmalias

Thread: ON : Budget Today - Lot of sneaky and hidden taxes and fees it seems :(

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

The ON budget will be out at 4.00 EST pm today ( Thursday ) - 24 Feb.

Looks like lot of sneaky taxes and fees like GAS tax , some Carbon tax stuff. Heating etc will also go up.

some other sneaky fees and taxes might be thrown in, the Liberals are good at that . Expect to pay more fees and taxes than last year.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Ciel likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The free tuition surprised me. You could consider it sneaky or under handed. All kids whose parents made less than 160k got 30% rebate. And kids with low parental income got asap grants that covered the other 70%.

This just means that most students lose, and a very small number of students will reap the monies lost by by majority.

Maybe this is a cost saving item hidden under the phrase free tuition.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I was checking Twitter on Wednesday when Radio-Canada tweeted about heating costs going up. Too many things go up but not the money in most wallets or bank accounts.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    I was checking Twitter on Wednesday when Radio-Canada tweeted about heating costs going up. Too many things go up but not the money in most wallets or bank accounts.
    I think the HYDRO cost also seems to have gone up. I believe they have removed some 10 % credit or rebate they were giving or something like that ( not sure ), so just like that your bill has gone up by 10% for using the exact same amount of electricity as a few months back !

My last 2 month Hydro bill with taxes included was $ 120. My recent 2 month bill which I got a couple of days back is $ 142 for almost the same usage and the rate/KW also seems to be the same as last year !

so not sure, why ? ..looks like they have definitely removed some tax credit or rebate line from the Hydro bill

Thread Information