User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi all,

This may be a long shot, but I needed to create a pdf file of my 2007 return (I only kept the U07 file). As I opened my ufile 2007 box, I unfortunately misplaced the CD sleeve that had the activation code! Now I don't have any way to print that return for my archives.

Is anyone like me and keep their tax software boxes and cds? If so, would you be so kind to PM me with the code? The intent is to reinstall it on my computer to quickly review the U07 file and create it as a pdf. Something I should have done once i completed it in 2007.

Alternatively is there a way to print 2007 using 2008 and on software (I have the cds and key for future ones)

Thanks!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Does My Account on CRA website, have a synopsis /summary of your tax return from 2007 ? it might not be as detailed as the actual forms and slips, you filled up. But generally it includes all the important info, like all the relevant boxes, where you actually filled up a number.

Its more detailed than the Notice of Assessment, they send you, but not as detailed as the actual return you mail in..so kind of in between the two.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Does My Account on CRA website, have a synopsis /summary of your tax return from 2007 ? it might not be as detailed as the actual forms and slips, you filled up. But generally it includes all the important info, like all the relevant boxes, where you actually filled up a number.

Its more detailed than the Notice of Assessment, they send you, but not as detailed as the actual return you mail in..so kind of in between the two.
    thanks! I prefer the ufile (full review) print out. But that is a good option as a back up! I'll keep that in mind, if no one has a code. Note I am only using the code to activate the software, not sending it online for anything.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lovetv View Post
    thanks! I prefer the ufile (full review) print out. But that is a good option as a back up! I'll keep that in mind, if no one has a code. Note I am only using the code to activate the software, not sending it online for anything.
    any reason why you need the 2007 one for your records ?

Bcoz CRA only tells you to keep a record for the last 7 years. I don't think they can touch you ( not sure ) if there are any issues in your return or mistakes or errors for something that is more than 7 years old.

I believe it works both ways they can't do anything to you or you can't do anything to them for something more than 7 years back. There is probably some statue of limitations on that.

Thread Information