User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree313Likes

Thread: Walmart's new policy, and you're not going to like it!!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We all have to keep fighting the good fight. Walmart is the big dog out there no doubt but everytime they make changes like this we have to stand our ground. Especially now with prices going up with the decline of the loonie. 2 things are true though. Walmart may be top dog but without the consumer they are simply occupied real estate. Make them unoccupied and you get their attention. The original plan with the superstores in Canada was to make it one stop shopping. Go back to using more than one stop shopping and wait them out. They count on us getting use to the convenience and giving up. I love a good fight but more than that I am offended by having my intelligence insulted! I try to never lose sight of the fact that Walmart got to be #1 by getting you to spend a dollar, often. Take your dollar elsewhere! Really! Who is willing to give you what you want?
    Poirot, macw1960, walkonby and 7 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I am really hoping this does not happen at the walmart that I shop

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Wow. I've been lucky because it has been a long time since a cashier gave me a hard time about coupons. Hang in there, everyone because we're in the right. I hate knowing more about people's jobs than they do.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Its no worth my time or the hassle to even go to walmart here anymore. i'll just wait until the products come one sale elsewhere or i will drive to the city to the specific store.
    macw1960 and torontogal12 like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by missmaggs View Post
    @Silk
    The canadian policy is located here: http://www.walmart.ca/en/help/products/pricing however I've had issues with PM walmart.ca in store and my store stopped PM online retailers a while ago (around the time when Lowes had the glade wax melt warmers on for under $1 and we had those $6 coupons floating around). I think the policies online are a general guideline for the stores but that they all set their individual local competitors and limits themselves.
    Thanks for this missmags - never knew this existed!

Silk
    macw1960 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

London Drug has been doing that for ages! No PM & couponing at the same time
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arvilish View Post
    London Drug has been doing that for ages! No PM & couponing at the same time
    This information isn't accurate. London drugs does PM and allow coupons together. I think that your London drugs has decided to make there own rules. Have you tried talking to the manager?

I received the coupon policy feb 23 2016. I've attached a screen shot for you.

Name:  Screenshot_2016-02-29-16-14-01-1.png
Views: 535
Size:  68.6 KB
    Last edited by mandy403; Mon, Feb 29th, 2016 at 06:18 PM.
    redhdlois, toronto166 and Arvilish like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

I did but failed so I have given up!

You did try to help though and thanks for that!
    toronto166 likes this.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

@Silk
    The canadian policy is located here: http://www.walmart.ca/en/help/products/pricing however I've had issues with PM walmart.ca in store and my store stopped PM online retailers a while ago (around the time when Lowes had the glade wax melt warmers on for under $1 and we had those $6 coupons floating around). I think the policies online are a general guideline for the stores but that they all set their individual local competitors and limits themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Thanks for this missmags - never knew this existed!

Silk
    I just noticed that this is for Walmart Canada's PM policy only. Is there one for their Canadian coupon policy?

Silk

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just noticed that this is for Walmart Canada's PM policy only. Is there one for their Canadian coupon policy?

Silk
    Sadly no. The coupon policy appears to be a store decision. I find that each Walmart I go to has a different policy which is frustrating. I now only shop at one store and the cashiers know me

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    Silk and toronto166 like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Sadly no. The coupon policy appears to be a store decision. I find that each Walmart I go to has a different policy which is frustrating. I now only shop at one store and the cashiers know me

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    That *is* frustrating I don't have a Walmart near me so I only make a trip to the closest one 2-3 times a year. But if the coupon policy is going to be hit or miss, I think I'll be going less than that. I do sometimes shop their website though.

Silk

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Nina1 View Post
    We all have to keep fighting the good fight. Walmart is the big dog out there no doubt but everytime they make changes like this we have to stand our ground. Especially now with prices going up with the decline of the loonie. 2 things are true though. Walmart may be top dog but without the consumer they are simply occupied real estate. Make them unoccupied and you get their attention. The original plan with the superstores in Canada was to make it one stop shopping. Go back to using more than one stop shopping and wait them out. They count on us getting use to the convenience and giving up. I love a good fight but more than that I am offended by having my intelligence insulted! I try to never lose sight of the fact that Walmart got to be #1 by getting you to spend a dollar, often. Take your dollar elsewhere! Really! Who is willing to give you what you want?

well said! vote with your feet. i can spend my money anywhere. their loss. syndi
    GeorgiaK and torontogal12 like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Silk
    Walmart Canada does NOT have a coupon policy. They have guidelines for the cashiers to follow. That is why you do not see anything regarding a coupon policy on the Canadian website. The guidelines roughly follow some of what is on the U.S. website, however, since Walmart in the U.S. and Walmart in Canada run as 2 SEPARATE business entities, one cannot point out the U.S. policy and think it all works in Canada.
    toronto166 likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SavvyLady View Post
    I always hated Walmart, and after today I hate it more!! I went and priced matched the maple leaf bacon from Loblaws'at $2.88, I bought the limit of 6, took the 2 free ready crisp to the cash. I said I will be price matching everything was fine until I handed her the coupons, she said you can't price match and use coupons it's one or the other!! I said, "since when", she pulls out this binder and the new policy and it stated that they no longer price match and take coupons!! I couldn't believe it, I explained that if I bought the bacon at Loblaws for $2.88 they would take the coupons!! I said, that Walmart would get the money back from the coupon..I said they are not really price matching then!! I was so upset!!!
    Every front end associate at all Walmart stores across Canada are currently undergoing training on the new procedures/policies/guidelines that are being implemented. I think the cashier at this store you were at is misinterpreting what is in the new training (may be something the cashier was told - either way, seems someone there is misinterpreting something).

I checked the training cards today when I was at work. Nowhere in it does it state one cannot ad match AND use a coupon together. I believe someone is not understanding what happens when the coupon used is a manufacturer's coupon vs. a competitor's coupon.

One can ad match AND use a manufacturer's coupon together.

One CANNOT ad match AND use a competitor's coupon together. A competitor's coupon is treated/entered as an ad match (using the override key on the register for ad match). Since a competitor's coupon is entered as an ad match, one cannot ad match as well: there cannot be 2 ad matches entered for the same item. So it's either ad match the ad, or use the competitor's coupon, but not both.

One can use a competitor's coupon on an item AND a manufacturer's coupon as well; again, just can't ad match from an ad since the competitor's coupon is an ad match.

Where a coupon doesn't restrict overage (P&G coupons often do not allow for overage: it clearly states on majority, if not all, P&G coupons that "no cash or credit in excess of shelf (which is the selling price) can be given to the consumer or applied to the transaction"; I did check with head office on this to ask them what a cashier was to do when that wording is on a coupon and the selling price is less than the coupon value, and they stated that where the coupon restricts overage, the cashier is to follow the terms of the coupon and therefore, reduce the value of the coupon to the selling price; the cashier is to write on the coupon the selling price so Walmart gets reimbursed only for the selling price of the item). overage may be given; however, when overage is allowed, and the selling price is less than the coupon value, the cashier enters the coupon for the full value of the coupon so the customer benefits from it BUT the cashier is to write the selling price on the coupon so that the manufacturer only gives back to Walmart the selling price.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had the same problem at our Walmart in ontario. It's under Walmart sucks lately. We went back a cpl days later and the head manager allowed us but the csm gave us an extremely hard time before he showed up. The csm was practically yelling at the manager and us. Still kept insisting it was double dipping. The manager told her a few times to be quiet so we could explain what coupons we were using. The maple leaf bacon coupons and the free ready crisp. She was even told to be quiet so he could read them. She was mad we were getting the bacon so cheap.he told her to put our transactions through and that we were doing nothing wrong. She was po'd to say the least. He told her to go back to the csm desk. As she stormed off she said we will see if we let them do this again and said she was making a call. They Def don't make our shopping trips easier and are never polite or pleasant. We try to shop there as little as possible and that was before this latest episode.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information