User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree313Likes

Thread: Walmart's new policy, and you're not going to like it!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by scouponer View Post
    Hope that doesn't come to London if so that would leave me with superstore only to pm and use coupons as we can no longer price match at no frills. Well I guess freshco as well but people have had hassles pm'ing and using coupons.

i don't get Walmart...you are going to piss off a lot of people and they get the money from the manufacturer so what is the big deal.
    I am going on a limb and guessing that management or HQ is not wanting to pay staff for the time to sort/bundle coupons for redemption or processing at $11.25/h or more, so the new policy cuts down on the time spent on coupons in the back office. Remember, Walmart is all about making money.
    ROMEO, walkonby, dededi and 1 others like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Yes, but retailers get a fee for accepting and processing the coupons.

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I had some issues price matching and using coupons today. The csm showed me the new policy and it says something like
    we do not ad match with doubling and triple coupons. To me this means you can't stack coupons not that you can't use coupons with a price match.

I was given the okay by the csm to do it anyways.
    I then went to another walmart and the manager himself approved the coupons and price matching. I think the new policy is confusing a lot of people.

Walmart would be dumb to stop allowing coupons and price matching together.
    dededi and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

A lady posted a comment about hearing rumors Walmart is changing the coupon policy for Ad matching and couponing together. This is the response she got.

Screen captured from the Walmart Canada facebook page. Comment posted March 4th 2016

Name:  Screenshot_2016-03-10-16-09-49-1.png
Views: 1516
Size:  154.8 KB
    Last edited by mandy403; Thu, Mar 10th, 2016 at 06:21 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for all the info everyone.
    ROMEO and toronto166 like this.
    Please use my referral orange key code 47245085S1 for opening new Tangerine account and I will split the $50 bonus with you

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.carrot&hl=en JOIN CARROT REWARDS using my referral invite code dipikag5521

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by IthinkIcan View Post
    Thanks for all the info everyone.
    My walmart does not give out rain checks anymore. I'm very disappointed.
    Does the other walmarts do the same thing? It's getting harder to price match & use coupons
    ROMEO, Ladybug2011 and dededi like this.
    Cause I'm a princess thats why!!!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by dimaa View Post
    Does the other walmarts do the same thing? It's getting harder to price match & use coupons
    All Walmart Canada stores stopped issuing rain checks March 1/16. The intention is for you to get what you're looking for while you're currently in the store. Therefore, if stock runs out of an item in the flyer, you can check to see if they will substitute a similar item for the price of the one in the flyer.
    ROMEO and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

WRONG! In Quebec, they need to provide a substitute of equal or greater value OR a raincheck.
    Colsgirl, ROMEO, Tbites and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaK View Post
    WRONG! In Quebec, they need to provide a substitute of equal or greater value OR a raincheck.
    +1
    If you're in QC and Walmart refuses to provide you with a rain check or a substitute item for the same advertised sale price you can still file a complaint against them here http://www.opc.gouv.qc.ca/contact/consommateur/

(complaints = fines for the retailer not respecting the law)

Their new head office policy does NOT supersede QC consumer protection laws
    Last edited by Tbites; Wed, Mar 16th, 2016 at 02:41 PM.

Friends don't let friends trade at max value

MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dimaa View Post
    I just discovered this yesterday. I went in to get the Kraft cheese that is on sale but they didn't have any so I figure I would go to customer service and get a rain check. Very disappointed when I was told that they don't give out rain checks anymore.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Speaking of 'new Walmart policies' - I shop pretty often at my local Walmart. Yes, I price match and use coupons - there is one cashier that knows me pretty well and shows interest in where to get coupons, etc...well today, I had to return something and couldn't find my bill but thought, oh well, I have to pick up some other stuff and I will just return it and get a gift card and pay for what I need with that.
    This particular cashier was working in CS and rudely said, "no receipt? You need a receipt! I know you price match and use coupons. Why should I give you full price back when you could have used coupons on this?" My response was, "I assure you, I didn't use a coupon, the product is not open, is it not your policy to give a gift card without a receipt?" Her response (and yelling by the way, quite rude actually - it was quite embarrassing) "You know what, we've been told if we know people use coupons and price match, they can't return anything without a bill!" Me - "Okay, is this a new Walmart return policy?" Her - "Yes, yes it is, no returns without receipts anymore but I will do it this time. Actually, you should have got what you needed and I would have done an exchange". Me - "Okay, I don't normally return things without a receipt but I just waited in line for 10 minutes so I'm not going to get my stuff to stand in line again. If you tell me I can pop right back up in front here, no problem but I'm in a rush so I would prefer a gift card, thank you".
    Has anyone ever heard of this before? She says this is the new company policy! I can't seem to find anything on returns without a receipt.

It does seem as though being rude is acceptable though. I wouldn't talk to anyone like that.

Thanks!
    Horndogg, ROMEO and Arvilish like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Seems discriminatory and hard to prove, so I highly doubt it is any sort of policy because any cashier or supervisor with a hte on for a particular customer or in a mood could reject any return and claim it is policy. However, no longer accepting returns without receipts from ALL customers, would make sense as a corporate policy.
    Quote Originally Posted by staceymic View Post
    Speaking of 'new Walmart policies' - I shop pretty often at my local Walmart. Yes, I price match and use coupons - there is one cashier that knows me pretty well and shows interest in where to get coupons, etc...well today, I had to return something and couldn't find my bill but thought, oh well, I have to pick up some other stuff and I will just return it and get a gift card and pay for what I need with that.
    This particular cashier was working in CS and rudely said, "no receipt? You need a receipt! I know you price match and use coupons. Why should I give you full price back when you could have used coupons on this?" My response was, "I assure you, I didn't use a coupon, the product is not open, is it not your policy to give a gift card without a receipt?" Her response (and yelling by the way, quite rude actually - it was quite embarrassing) "You know what, we've been told if we know people use coupons and price match, they can't return anything without a bill!" Me - "Okay, is this a new Walmart return policy?" Her - "Yes, yes it is, no returns without receipts anymore but I will do it this time. Actually, you should have got what you needed and I would have done an exchange". Me - "Okay, I don't normally return things without a receipt but I just waited in line for 10 minutes so I'm not going to get my stuff to stand in line again. If you tell me I can pop right back up in front here, no problem but I'm in a rush so I would prefer a gift card, thank you".
    Has anyone ever heard of this before? She says this is the new company policy! I can't seem to find anything on returns without a receipt.

It does seem as though being rude is acceptable though. I wouldn't talk to anyone like that.

Thanks!
    Arvilish likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That's exactly how I felt! Discriminated because I coupon/price match.
    I just happen to shop when she is on shift and there are other cashiers who I wouldn't know and don't know me. I have had problems with her regarding the wording on coupons. (where I have to correct her because she automatically will say, 'No, you can't use this, the picture shows (whatever)" and I have to read the wording out to her. I know someone else who shops there who has the same problem with her and frankly she is so rude.
    toronto166 likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Return policy is will gladly accept returns/exchanges (as long as all other conditions have been met per the return policy) WITH a receipt. Nowhere in the return policy that you see on the receipts, posted at Customer Service, or on their website (except for brands exclusive to Walmart: Equate, Great Value, Our Finest, Parent's Choice, Your Fresh Market can be returned/exchanged without a receipt) does it state you may return/exchange without a receipt.

No receipt returns are at store manager's discretion. No receipt returns require current photo id (health cards are not acceptable). And yes, if someone constantly is returning items with no receipt, the store can stop all returns without a receipt of said individual. In some cases, a receipt lookup may be necessary (depends on what is being returned and the price of said item). IF the store allows the no receipt return, it will be on a store gift card. They are buckling down on the no receipt returns. So it is in the best interest of everyone to keep their receipts (until the Walmart Canada return deadline for said item has passed, at the very least - longer if one has a problem and the item still falls under the manufacturer's warranty), and if purchasing a gift, to make sure one asks for a gift receipt to include with the gift.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes, I normally keep my receipts and rarely return items without one. This cashier assumed that I used coupons and price matching to purchase and was then getting full price for my return. I actually spend a lot of money there and have now decided I'm going to go out of my way to not give them my business. I don't let people talk rudely to me for no reason and will now give my business to RCSS down the street.
    The Customer Service Managers regularly humiluate and yell at their staff so that's another reason right there...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information