User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree313Likes

Thread: Walmart's new policy, and you're not going to like it!!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    256 (100%)

Welp, my local Walmart got this same new policy the other day.

One of my favourite cashiers told me that effective immediately, Walmart will only allow you to price match an item OR use a coupon on the item, not both. She said the cashiers had just received new coupon training. And same deal as SavvyLady, she then showed me the employee binder at the cash register, which stated this new policy inside. I was allowed to do price match + use coupons one last time because I didn't know about the new policy, but how was I supposed to know? I think I'm going to drop by customer service next time to confirm that this will be the new rule at my store (I read the double and triple coupons rule on the website yesterday too).

Thing is, the cashier was encouraging me to use my $ off Royale Tiger Towels coupons (which I was already doing), but then also use the free Windex WUB 2 Royale Tiger Towels coupon on top of that. I told her I couldn't do that, and stuck by it, but it kind of left me feeling like nobody truly knows the coupon guidelines.
    Last edited by Abby1; Fri, Apr 1st, 2016 at 12:08 PM.
    toronto166 and Davetherave like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Abby1 View Post
    Thing is, the cashier was encouraging me to use my $ off Royale Tiger Towels coupons (which I was already doing), but then also use the free Windex WUB 2 Royale Tiger Towels coupon on top of that. I told her I couldn't do that, and stuck by it, but it kind of left me feeling like nobody truly knows the coupon guidelines.
    Why could you not do that? Each item has it's own coupon.
    Davetherave likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    256 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Cake View Post
    Hmm, yeah. That's true. My mistake!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

deleted
    Davetherave likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

One of my favourite cashiers told me that effective immediately, Walmart will only allow you to price match an item OR use a coupon on the item, not both. She said the cashiers had just received new coupon training. And same deal as SavvyLady, she then showed me the employee binder at the cash register, which stated this new policy inside. I was allowed to do price match + use coupons one last time because I didn't know about the new policy, but how was I supposed to know? I think I'm going to drop by customer service next time to confirm that this will be the new rule at my store (I read the double and triple coupons rule on the website yesterday too).

You were right that's combining offers and not allowed under the rules printed on most coupons.
    toronto166 and Davetherave like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    256 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    You were right that's combining offers and not allowed under the rules printed on most coupons.
    Thanks!

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Hello Abby1 did you see my previous post about price matching and using a coupon. You are allowed and its clear the staff are confused.

Also the Double and tripling coupons means:
    Some stores will double and Triple coupons but Walmart won't which is why it says no double or triple coupons.

It doesn't mean you can't use more then one coupon. My Walmart tried telling me that too. One coupon per item should be allowed.

This is what doubling and triple coupons means

For example some stores like Pharamsave will double or Triple the value of a coupon.
    Let's say you have a $1 manufacturer coupon well the store Pharmasave will double that coupon by taken off an extra $1. Which means they take $2 off. The $1 that comes off is from the business Pharmasave. However the $1 coupon will be sent in for reimbursement.

I hope this helps
    Last edited by mandy403; Fri, Apr 1st, 2016 at 03:44 PM.
    Abby1 and Davetherave like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    256 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mandy403 View Post
    Hello Abby1 did you see my previous post about price matching and using a coupon. You are allowed and its clear the staff are confused.

Also the Double and tripling coupons means:
    Some stores will double and Triple coupons but Walmart won't which is why it says no double or triple coupons.

It doesn't mean you can't use more then one coupon. My Walmart tried telling me that too. One coupon per item should be allowed.

This is what doubling and triple coupons means

For example some stores like Pharamsave will double or Triple the value of a coupon.
    Let's say you have a $1 manufacturer coupon well the store Pharmasave will double that coupon by taken off an extra $1. Which means they take $2 off. The $1 that comes off is from the business Pharmasave. However the $1 coupon will be sent in for reimbursement.

I hope this helps
    I did! I'm going to go to customer service before my next shop & hopefully the cashiers will get some more feedback on what the guidelines truly are.

Yeah! When I read about doubling and tripling on their website the other day I thought maybe that's what the cashiers were getting confused with? Haha. I'm sure it's confusing as anything to remember all the coupon guidelines, especially if you're not too familiar with coupons.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    Then everyone who bought 3 Maple Leaf bacon (using $2.50 coupons) and then got the FPC ReadyCrisp used the coupons incorrectly?
    Davetherave likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Slightly off topic but is anyone else's Walmart charging a DOLLAR to use a cart? I went there today, saw the carts locked up, figured it would be a quarter, get closer and see $1.00.
    Plus I didn't have a loonie on me so I went to CS to get change and was told I couldn't get change for a cart(was very specific that I needed change for the cart)without buying something.
    And people preferred them to Target :/
    Arvilish and Davetherave like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

As stated in my reply earlier in this thread, I don't know what these cashiers are looking at or being told, but it is wrong. NOWHERE in the new training going on does it state that a coupon cannot be combined with an ad match. Still believe they are confusing manufacturers' coupons and competitors' coupons: manufacturers coupons and ad match = yes. Competitor's coupons and ad match = no (and that's because the competitor coupon is treated as an ad match).
    Abby1, GeorgiaK and Davetherave like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    256 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    Slightly off topic but is anyone else's Walmart charging a DOLLAR to use a cart? I went there today, saw the carts locked up, figured it would be a quarter, get closer and see $1.00.
    Plus I didn't have a loonie on me so I went to CS to get change and was told I couldn't get change for a cart(was very specific that I needed change for the cart)without buying something.
    No, I haven't seen this. Hopefully won't!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    Yup it started this week at my Walmart too. You get it back but still why $1. Pretty soon they will start charging for bags. Oh well, I will just have to buy what I can fit in my reusable bag, will be buying less-saving money
    Davetherave likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Then everyone who bought 3 Maple Leaf bacon (using $2.50 coupons) and then got the FPC ReadyCrisp used the coupons incorrectly?
    If the coupons said no to combining offers then yes they were used incorrectly.It's up to the store staff to know and follow rules on the coupon and take the coupons or not.
    Last edited by Poirot; Fri, Apr 1st, 2016 at 06:16 PM.
    Cake and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Depends.

Peelie coupon for free product has no statement of combining. RCSS supervisor searched my coupon for this statement and mentioned its absence.

Tear pad coupon for free Ready Crisp or Chicken states
    "Not valid in combination of any other coupon, rebate or offer"

Peelies are pretty much gone, new stock does not have them. Instead the tear pad is close by or part of a display.

I think they replaced the peelie with the tearpad (along with combination statement) as the peelie caused lots of confusion. Maple leafs responses on facebook even flip-flopped.
    Last edited by WINNIPEGZELDA; Sat, Apr 2nd, 2016 at 09:31 AM.
    Cake and Davetherave like this.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information