User Tag List

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree2072Likes

Thread: March 2016 Frugal Chatter

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

thanks everyone. its been a interesting time. and will be so for a bit. My dh will be helping his step mom though some of this . the money stuff ... is a mess.

I m starting more seeds today I think . we want to start our giant pumpkin for sure. and I want other stuff started.

I am also going out and putting the hoop houseon part of the raised bed, to warm the soil.

Laundry will get done.
    and I need a menu plan.
    very little grocery shopping will get done. its a use stuff up week.
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Sassy Ashley, try to take a deep breath. Just imagining bad things causes your body to stress, and it seems you need all your energy to solve these challenges.

Try to remember that you can only really count on what you can do. It's in your DNA to keep solving your mum's problems for her. Your forte is problem-solving, for sure! That should be your title at work!

I would think that if she starts to enquire at work about reasons for her being passed over, she may get one of two results: either she'll get good information about how to improve her performance, or the management will realize that they have been remiss and are in danger of being reprimanded for bad business practices.

Why don't you ask her to present a viable plan to YOU about how the household can meet it's financial responsibilities? That way she's invested in the solution.

I would take some time and get out your crocheting, and try to get your mind off things.

Hugs to you- remember- breathe!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Still sicker than the proverbial dog (proverbial one, since my girl is more or less back to normal ). Poor Lily dog is not amused. I've been spoiling her since the temp paralysis happened, now the girl actually has to go back to working for a living (the cold has gone into my ears, making me dizzy - when I get particularly unsteady, I put a hand on her shoulder to steady myself). Since I'm on a complicated cocktail of meds, I'm very limited in terms of what I'm allowed to take. Right now vinegar and horseradish are the meds du jour (vinegar mixed with rubbing alcohol in the ears to kill the infection and horseradish to try to clear the sinus). And sleep. Too much sleep. I average 4hrs sleep a night - the last couple of days, I've barely been awake for 4 hrs. Needless to say, the rest of my tune up next week will have to be postponed, don't want to get anyone sick.

Because I've been ignoring the boy, Quincy cat is getting into a bit of minor mischief. He's stolen Lily dog's blanket (she liked to ball it up and use it as a pillow) and is running across it, diving into it, rolling himself into a blanket-wrapped ball, and generally being goofy. Lily dog is not impressed, but a cookie or 2 should make her feel better.

Better try to catch up on some emails, while I can still focus my eyes. Hopefully, this bug exits my system soon (what is a minor cold for most is like a really bad flu for me, blech).

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Waiting for the house to warm up before I get up and give DH his meds and go out in the cold to walk the dog. I know - not very logical to get warmed up to go out in the cold.

I appreciate the info about adding protein to his diet. I have to try to get out today to get some shopping done.

I am missing church again as I don't like leaving until I know DH is OK for the day. But I am really "missing" going to church- especially during this season. Palm Sunday today.

Well, I will check in later on all your adventures!

Have a good day!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good Morning, Happy Spring!

Today is Willow Sunday

The Ukrainian tradition is to have pussy willows blessed - not palms - since those were available and were a sign of spring in Ukraine, just as they are on the Canadian prairies.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Oops double post
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Sun, Mar 20th, 2016 at 12:28 PM.
    Giseledta, Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! We made a big breakfast this morning. Washed a couch blanket and have it hanging outside to dry. Splurged and bought a nice new drying rack. Reg $80 on sale for $40. Cost me $15 after CT money! And it can be used at my garage sale to hang clothes for sale! We went to Sdm. Spent 50. Plus tax for 20x the points. Had 25 gc so $30 oup. Found $1.99 deals on items I buy worth over $13 so a great haul and stocked up. Bought doritos for kids Easter baskets for a movie night treat.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Sun, Mar 20th, 2016 at 02:04 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Our twin baby boy seems to have caught a cold. He has a stuffy/runny nose. He slept very little last night, mostly in my arms. I tried putting him in his baby swing, but he woke up screaming right away. I'll keep the kids home in an effort to avoid sharing the bug with other young children.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

I was supposed to have a stress test done this morning, but there is no way I can run on a treadmill, given how challenging breathing is right now. I can't run at the best of times, today would so not work. And I wouldn't want to cough all over the poor techs.

Can use a few prayers today. My Mom has to go in for more tests and to have a shunt put in to drain the mysterious fluids. Happy that they are getting on this quickly. Not so happy that it's in Oshawa (at least in Toronto, I can get her places easier - good thing bff is able to take her or she'd have no way of getting there). Hope she's home by noon.

Brats are still asleep. The last few days I've been sleeping 20hrs per day, I think they've gotten into a sleepyhead routine. So I'm typing quietly in the dark, silence broken by Quincy cat's snoring (he's loud!).

Been up since 3am, so I think I'll go join the brats. After all, if ya can't beat 'em....

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Giseledta deepest sympathies for the loss of your FIL, I'm sure your dh's family and himself are grateful he had the time before his passing (hugs)
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Andit hope you feel better soon, glad to hear Lily is on the mend and well Quincey what can we say (haha). Sending prayers for your mom and it must be such a relief that they are draining (investigating etc).

_____________________________-

Well I got more cleaning/organizing done in an hour this am than I did all week with everyone home....the supper table is now clear (yippeed), I now have the tops of my dressers cleared.....

I went to shoppers on Saturday did a huge shop (all items on sale or needed and easter goodies for my young men) and got 20x the points to boot (woot woot). Anyways my bill was high BUT I purchase so many items....while loading up the groceries in the truck, I check my receipt and noticed that I was charged $13.99 for kinder easter egg hunts (lots of goodies in the boxes. The sign said $4.99, I went back in and well it wasn't a scop but someone put the price of the 4 pack kinder eggs where the egg hunt boxes were, I was ready to return all 4 packages but the manager told the cashier to go ahead and give them to me for $4.99 (happy dance).

My folks came for a visit yesterday afternoon, I invited them and my inlaws next Sunday for Easter lunch and everyone accepted (haha). I wasn't planning on making a turkey (I hate turkey) but dh really wants turkey sigh....so turkey it is.

Dh and I were discussing sanding and re-staining the hardwood floors in our soon to be open concept bedroom. Hubs said though he wanted to put the floor the way it should be (along the floor trust) it's actually opposite currently throughout the whole house. I was shell shocked to hear him last night lifting all of the hardwood in Logan's old room (gah) so it looks like we will have nice hardwood floors afterall.

Still debating on what to make for supper, I have ribs thawed thinking of trying a new recipe Chinese ribs
    http://amazingribs.com/recipes/porkn..._siu_ribs.html

Anyways I better getting motoring only have 4 more hours until eldest walks in the door starving.

Wishing everyone a great day
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hope everyone has a great start to a frugal week! I brought snacks and my lunch (left over homemade pizza from Friday night) today to work. We cleaned/rotated stuff in the freezer so since my honey will be working late I am thinking I will put a meat pie(that's been kicking around) in the oven for dinner. With green beans and something else I did out!
    I took a roast out last night and put in the fridge that will go in the crock pot Wednesday morning. Tomorrow night will be leftovers.
    Will keep on top of the laundry this week. Will do a load tomorrow night. Wash and hang to dry (now that I have my new drying rack that is awesome!)

Updated my budget and paid credit card from shopping on the weekend. Shouldn't need too much more this week which is good. ( I should grab a few more dozen eggs from GT for $1.99) We are really planning our meals and getting stuff done around the house the next while.
    All the dog poop was picked up yesterday morning from winter. (yeah!) The Christmas lights were taken off the house too.
    I need to move stuff out of the diningroom tonight since my honey is starting to paint it tomorrow. Will wash all the curtains and clean all the windows too (there are so many ) But then it will be all clean and fresh!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well had an appt this morning at dentist -have to go back on Tuesday
    -spent 21.12 at fortinos and got 6,300 points and my first scop of the year yeah =free pistachios nuts
    -also found a free mcdonalds sticker on a cup blowing in the wind -like ciel for sure I scopped the sticker and put it on my card in my purse -hubby loves mcdonalds coffee and I had a tea there this morning -Higgins and burke tea I was impressed it was awesome tea at mcdonalds
    -off to do some cleaning today -laundry ,dusting

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Angela273 - congratulations on the Mary Kay draw prize! Fun items to explore when you have some self-time!
    @Andit -brave woman to take horseradish! Hope you get the desired relief soon. Will keep your Mom in prayers.
    @jasperandchar - include a favourite dish or sweet of your own in the family Easter dinner so you get something to enjoy when the family is over. Maybe your baker helper will be assisting with food preparations and baking?

Look at this cute stuffed toy I saw on the Simons website (Home section):
    http://www.simons.ca/simons/product/...51&colourId=72

Pineapples used to represent wealth a couple of centuries ago (one had to have lots of money to buy imported pineapples as they were luxury food items). The anime-adorable expression is making me feel happy (future décor item for 2016).

This week, I have a sewing top project to get started and done, so when the mended shirt from winter gives way (soon), I have its replacement ready. Yesterday, I did a small grocery shop at two stores and paid regular retail for the hemp seeds. Also obtained a new 9V battery for a smoke detector as the existing battery was causing extended chirping-battery tester showed the battery was on the lowest end of GOOD and ditto the spare 9V I found in the house. Made sure to drop off the small bag of expired batteries into a battery dropoff bin today, so they are not in the house. Need to see which groups will hold local recycling events for electronics or other household items in April.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well I have been having a lot of fun online the last couple of weeks. Have not only looked at my family tree on line but one of my nieces had her DNA analyzed so I was having a look at my genetic DNA( or as much as we share) as well as my family tree. Fascinating stuff! I did not realize that so many more than the obvious things are affected by DNA-for eg how you metabolize certain drugs etc. If you are interested in looking at some of your ancestry details for free look at family search.org which is run by the Mormons and free of charge. By some very strange twist of fate, we are doing a house exchange in July to a village in England where, unbeknownst to me, I now find we have ancestors that come from there. So it will be kind of cool to walk where my ancestors have and perhaps follow up on a few mysterious ancestors while we are there. Pretty cool. LB

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information