User Tag List

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree2072Likes

Thread: March 2016 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning! Woke up to the outside all covered in a beautiful white blanket! It's zero, though, so that's at least good.
    Other parts of the province got tons more snow, we won't really be getting much, so it won't last long.

Have a great day!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Nothing like reading a cookbook and wanting to write out a few recipes despite the fact I don't own a tagine/donabe or pottery for cooking/roasting. Steamed green tea cake sounds like a good idea to me-I'll figure out how to steam it another way (maybe in another pan of water like pudding cakes baked in the oven).

Delighted to read in Saturday's Toronto Star that chef Ricardo Larrivee (yes, of the Ricardo magazine and RDI and Food Network shows) will have a weekly column in the paper. After printing out the article yesterday, I re-read the article and notice the column is exclusive to the Star's Sunday Star Touch subscribers. So, anyone with an iPad subscription to the Star, can you reveal what the first column was about (food? recipes? theme?).

My last blue pen of a four-pack purchased during Walmart's Back to School specials in August ran out on me just before I went to the store (I wanted to write out a list). Went to purchase another 4pk-hey, they stock blue outside of school sales-and the price is $4.27 (summer price was $3.69).

Noticed that Fortino's has moved up the price of Old Mill cracked wheat sliced bread by 10 cents ($2.29 now) this month but I was glad to get the 30% off in the reduced bakery section.

I'm finding that certain first aid items and pantry staples are needing replacement and I'm trying to see if I can get them on sale. It was just happiness to find a 500ml bottle of rubbing alcohol for less than $3 because stores have been downsizing bottles lately as well.

Ikea's Tillfalle fabric prints (Brazilian theme!) have me dreaming of prints in spring clothing. Noticed the model in one photo had a tiered skirt made from the precut fabrics-the skirt is similar to one I've seen shown for spring fashions in a current magazine. When to make a trip to Ikea and see how much sewing glory is possible with one precut bundle of prints?
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Needed to get out of the office so took a stroll around RCSS. Added 4 more packages of free bacon to the freezer and 1200 pc pts to my card Also picked up 8 plastic tumblers for .24 each. Perfect for summer lemonade!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    everyone I have great news -my daughter is pregnant -yep she is due in sept -I cant wait so happy for them -then I will have 2 to spoil and love
    Congratulations!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Needed to get out of the office so took a stroll around RCSS. Added 4 more packages of free bacon to the freezer and 1200 pc pts to my card Also picked up 8 plastic tumblers for .24 each. Perfect for summer lemonade!
    I have had some good RCSS scores lately too!

I have a new niece. She was born on Saturday and I am going to visit her tonight. So very excited. I made her brother, who is 2, a busy bin, for when mom is busy with baby. There are a bunch of easter eggs each with a surprise (Thomas the trains etc) and a DVD and book. Hopefully will help mom out a bit.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@coupon girl congrats to you and your dh & of course your daughter & her dh
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Granger congrats as well

Very productive afternoon here, the demo on our room & Logan's old room is done.

We need to strap the walls and purchase spray foam kits, need to call the contractor to let him know he can swing by before the spray foam to do some electrical (new outlets & move some light switches, etc).

I'm tired so off to read some other threads and catch up.

Evening all

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

everyone I have great news -my daughter is pregnant -yep she is due in sept -I cant wait so happy for them -then I will have 2 to spoil and love
    Congrats! !

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@Granger , congrats Auntie!

Haven't done shopping other than bread and milk on the weekend, so will have to go through my list this morn to see what's badly needed - other than more bread - last time husband bought two loaves of fresh bakery bread, gave 1/2 of one to our son, and the rest disappeared rather quickly.

Hope everyone's day goes well!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

thank you ladies for all the congrats for my daughter/hubby
    -she is feeling great except tired sometimes (she works 9-10 hour days) and when she gets hungry she said she can be starving sometimes -she never had morning sickness at all -lucky her

-off to get haircut today -hubby and I

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I can deal with today's fog but that downpour (after some thunder) with powder snow size hail and then peppercorn size hail was not a happy moment after exiting the LCBO store with my copy of Food & Drink magazine. Then a driver thought he could make a left turn and suddenly sees me yelling and waving at him halfway through the crosswalk with the walk signal on...not so fast, Universe.

Yesterday afternoon, I decided to risk a trip to the mall to check out sock and underwear sales and check out Martha Stewart's bedding lines. Oh, would a leprechaun be so sweet to deposit $600 in my hands so I can get two comforter sets ($160 each on sale except the one at the Bay might be more) and two sheet sets ($80 each on sale).Home Outfitters has the MS line at 50% off for another two days. The Bay has selected Martha Stewart comforters and sheet sets at different discounts this flyer week. Bliss seeing the floral print (300 percale count) sheet sets. Most bedding is made in China but the Whim (animal prints with 200 percale count) bedding is made in Pakistan. Maybe there are pink flamingo and hedgehog fans... Found socks at both Sears (an additional 30% off the clearance stickers-joy) and Reitmans and an underwear item on sale too.

I'd really like to be in Mississauga on Friday for Simon's store opening (at Square One) but will have to rely on GTA SCers to fill us in on what's new and exciting at the store.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The Sugar Cabin at Sugar Beach in Toronto was very popular last weekend. The local French paper mentions there was a long wait for a bit of maple syrup goodness and btw, parking was $12... (Google Translate will give you the English version of the article): http://www.lexpress.to/archives/1652...e3ea4-51993493

Glendon College at York University will be having a Toronto Francophonie forum all day, with a post-event closing ceremony to mark the end of the week of Francophonie celebrations, on March 23.
    Name:  e79b5f65-631b-4057-8bcd-fe1dd5253f26.png
Views: 227
Size:  12.9 KB
    le 23 mars 2016
    9 h à 17 h
    Campus Glendon, Université York
    2275, ave. Bayview, Toronto

PARMI LES CONFÉRENCIERS:
    • Dyane Adam, ancienne commissaire aux langues officielles
    • François Boileau, Commissaire des services en français de l'Ontario
    • Stacy Churchill, Université de Toronto
    • Marie-Lison Fougère, Sous-ministre aux Affaires francophones
    • Normand Labrie, CREFO/OISE, Université de Toronto
    En plus d'un panel d'étudiants et une conversation avec les membres du Comité français de l'hôtel de ville.

Venez vous joindre à nous de 17 h à 19 h pour la réception de clôture de la Semaine de la francophonie.

Must RSVP if you are attending-free signup here: http://www.glendon.yorku.ca/about/fr...e/inscription/

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Glad I saw the Sears Club cards at the cash area yesterday-my purchase earned me 33 points. Had to register my card online. Am finding it hard to see any redemption levels for points on the Club website.
    What's funny is that signing up yields information that I am entered into a $5000 Sears Travel voucher contest that ended on January 31. I could do a shopping spree with a $5K Sears gift card...

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Ciel everything is so expensive especially housewares from linens to light bulbs (everything under the sun), have you checked online for comforters, sheets etc.

We live in bungalow and the main floor is a total mess (dust, dressers, etc). Not much can be done but live through it and have a smile and count down until the bedroom renos are done. As mentioned yesterday the demo was done it both rooms, we called the contractor this morning as we are hoping to make the 2 rooms become 1 (open concept). Anyways the contractor is taking time to pop over tomorrow morning before heading out to another job, we want him to provide feedback and provide a change in price and the possibilities.

Hamburgers are on the menu for tonight, dh & fil are going to have a guys night (tomorrow) with some cousins near the cottage (sleep over), it will do dh some good to unwind and relax and then back to renos when he returns (haha).

Wishing everyone a great evening.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-yes jasper everything is soo expensive for homes
    -I just had to buy halogen 50 watts u10 bulbs as 2 of mine burnt out in our kitchen -6 pkg cost 22.01 with tax much cheaper than one -which I saw a guy buying men don't always think like us I bought the 6 pkg
    -saved .97 on gas thou with free fuel savings card for cca magazine

-oh and I bought 1 towel today at bed bath and beyond -didn't want to make my way to giant tiger as hubby is off and it was foggy out
    the deal on the towel -purple only -dry soft towel(its listed right on it to dry fast) so soft deep purple 9.99-40% in store=5.99-1.20 for my 20% cpn=5.41 and then I took one towel out of the linen closet that took forever to dry had it about 7 or 8 years
    -also got ashlyn fingerpaint paper at micheals 50% coupon

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Woot! Woot! My Congrats to the Mom to be and both of the eager Grandparents to be!! Wonderful news coupon girl!!

babies teach us acceptance

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information