User Tag List

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree2072Likes

Thread: March 2016 Frugal Chatter

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Saved ($60?) money by removing our landline and t.v. from our package. We can get all of the shows we watch online and none of us can recall the last time anyone except for telemarketers called us via the landline.
    Also, finished off March break with spring cleaning. We moved rather unexpectedly two year ago because of job transfers and university so our packing method was just throw everything into a bag and we will sort it out when we have time. ...We never really found the time. We only did the bedrooms and main floor these past few days. *shudders* I think we will very slowly approach the mess that is our garage or the dumping ground our basement has become. We donated a lot of older toys (stuffed animals, board games, dolls, etc) and clothes to goodwill (the vvillage is an extra 15 minute drive away). We managed to fill up their grey donation bin with stuff! I cant believe we just had so much clutter around the house.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@Ellen Cardinal : Great job on the telecommunications savings! I'm trying to convince DH that we don't need our landline and save almost $500 each year, but haven't been able to yet.

Hopefully no one had their hearts set on the Lowes Swagbucks rewards. I think because of my emails, the Lowes GC has been permanently removed. I told them that HO told me that they would not be accepting the GC nationwide and SB confirmed it and had it removed. At least it saves anyone the hassle of saving up their points, ordering it, choose your purchase, and have it denied at checkout like us.

I thought it was just DH and his bad luck with coupons again.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    @Andit I dread getting an iv as I have veins that are so tiny and that move, when I go for surgery they just give me some gas to put me to sleep and do the iv when I'm under and well let's just say I have several puncture wounds when I wake up BUT I would much rather not feel the poking SO I definitely sympathize with you, not fun at all.
    @lilo0003 enjoy your vacation
    @Ciel glad you got some new sheets
    @Frugalbigmama are the bacon coupons on the bacon, I'm late for the party I guess, oh well and if on the bacon when do they expire, thanks

DH & FIL are gone, the boys argued all afternoon and well my nerves are shot. I'll put them to work in the am so they won't be able to argue, 2 separate jobs or else they argue....grrr...

Contractor came this am and since it will be open concept, no closets, no closet doors, framing, new walls, etc the price will be thereabouts what I was quoted as 2 separate rooms so happy dance. And I'm quite certain the building materials will be considerably less atleast that is my forecast time will tell. I got an offer from home depot don't pay for 2 months and another don't pay for 12 months. I will purchase the materials with the don't pay for 2 months as I hate debt. And if my calculations are right, I will book him for the wall in the dinning room and get him to do the tiles in the vestibule. We will remove the existing stick on tiles and current subfloor and get contractor to to put a fresh coat on paint on ceiling, walls, re-paint the French door and install new tiles.

Wishing everyone a great evening and Happy St. Patrick's Day
    It's a coupon booklet on the Ready crisp bacon (the one you can microwave) and the 2 pk stuffed chicken. So when you buy 3 maple leaf products you can get one of these items free and if it has coupons then you can keep doing it! Walmart has maple leaf bacon on for $2.97 this week so not free but still cheap with the $2.50 coupon from the booklet.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morn; Happy Friday!

Husband did grocery shopping last night - not much, just stuff on sale like cat food, coffee, chickens - this next week will have to restock fresh veggies - pretty much out of everything.

Enjoy the day!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    It's a coupon booklet on the Ready crisp bacon (the one you can microwave) and the 2 pk stuffed chicken. So when you buy 3 maple leaf products you can get one of these items free and if it has coupons then you can keep doing it! Walmart has maple leaf bacon on for $2.97 this week so not free but still cheap with the $2.50 coupon from the booklet.
    And sorry, expiry date is June 30, 2016.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon All,
    Been in a bit of hiding mood.

Found out Saturday night Mom did not get the full time position she was told she would be getting. The reasons for her not getting the job are not valid but I do not want to get into that as it is still an on going thing. I have done some research and she can take this further based on the reasons given but again I do not want to get into it as mentally I am just not in a good place. There has been a lot of crying and I have been sick from the stress.

The other side to this is since they did give 2 other people the full time job her hours have been drastically cut. So I have been stressed as to how we are going to cover all of our expenses well she looks for a new job. Since she was getting the full time hours we were finally in a somewhat good place financially all bills were being paid and she was starting to work on her debt. Money was still tight and we had to be careful but it was workable and that has been lost. I think we have finally figured out how we can make it work but there won't even be an extra penny at this point.

So needless to say this has not been my best week. Just starting to feel like I am functioning normally again but it is a slipper slope and only time will tell where we end up. I think more then anything most of comes down to fear right now as it is not easy to find work right now and the fear of how long will this last.

Alright well I must get back to work as my papers will not clear themselves.

Have a great day everyone.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Fri, Mar 18th, 2016 at 02:12 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Finally starting to feel somewhat better, although still coughing. Cabin fever has set in so popped out briefly yesterday and today and will be back to work in a couple of days. DH is at work and DD is on her first day of spring break with her BFF, who had to fly home on Tues from a school trip to China as she had Influenza B. Have been looking at our family tree this week-my Mum and sister have worked hard on it and will try to chase down a couple of loose ends in England this summer. Once DD is 18 we will try to trace her birth family tree as well. Looks like our weather will warm up for the weekend.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    So the booklet is glued on the ready crisp bacon and how does the circle continue, you keep having to buy ready crisp bacon and you get purchase 3 products you can get 1 free (I have the buy 3 get 1 free) but not the $2.50 coupon you are talking about, or can you clarify or do I got it (haha)
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Today I went to Sobeys and spent $105 on groceries and got $26 in Air Miles. I SCOPed white cheddar popcorn seasoning. Redeemed a rain check. Used $9 in coupons and $6 CO51 rebate. Once my receipt in processed I will have enough to order a new rebate cheque.

I've been putting my grocery receipts in an envelope to keep track, as my dad had requested. I'm writing rebate amounts on the back of the receipts so that I can tally it up later. I haven't done this before. I'm never sure how to keep track since some things like the Maple Leaf stuffed chicken breasts isn't something I would buy except that I got them free with the coupons. I have always shopped sales, etc. My dad encourages me to keep track of my savings and put that amount into a separate account.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello folks
    Not so much wind today.

Yesterday was recycling day and some sillies on our street put out their bins- well, we wound up with empty pop cans, clear fruit containers, flyers, - anything that could fly ALL OVER our street and lawns and all across the park/field behind our houses.

I got prepared to go and clean it all up but got sidelined for a while.

Someone did clean up most of it but I took the dog for a walk to the far reaches- the wind was blowing so hard that it was actually blowing the garbage back out of the bag I was collecting it in. I am still finding things today!

Does anyone follow MARCH MADNESS with US College basketball? My dh has filled in his brackets. I am happy that he is getting engaged in the process.

It's supposed to get really cold tonight and it's certainly nippy right now!

Time to go and see if I can get supper started. Steak from the freezer, baby potatoes from Costco, and peas for me. Dh will eat a small portion.

We just had some cheese and grapes. It's important for him to keep up his protein and fats and to try to eat something every 2 to 3 hours. Sometimes it is just Boost. When he sleeps a lot, it is hard to meet those targets.

Have a great weekend, folks!
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Avon-I don't know if your husband likes them, but when my Mum was ill she ate a lot of greek yogurt( protein) and avocado( vitamins and fats). She did not have much appeitite but she was able to stomach these 2 healthy foods.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Thanks, Lizzie B! I will add those to the shopping list. He Does like avocados- me, not so much. We both like yoghurt. I have heard that Greek yoghurt is better.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I think the Greek yogurt has twice as much protein as regular-I think that healthy foods that are soft and easy to eat and calorie dense are great. I guess that is the idea behind Boost too-easier to drink maybe than chew food.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

just got in at 2.00 a.m from babysitting ashlyn -they were at a stag and doe -just ordered hubby a green bear t-shirt from hatley on sale came to 13.46 with tax(nope I used my free win from the survey I did ) -free shipping -nice to get new clothing and not pay -lol-have 70 something left on this virtual visa card that I won -hubby didn't think it was legit -but I emailed the company when I won and they said yes it was legit

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Having a hard time getting going today, emotions are still are all over the place in the house. Mom goes from optimistic to it all being pointless and everywhere in between. Right now I am just kind of trying to stay out of her way as the emotions are killing my stomach and as much as I try not to get pulled in, it is hard because it also effects me, until she finds a new job we are basically living off my income which I am not sure is going to be enough.

Right now I am so worried something is going to go wrong and I will have to figure out a way to cover it. I looked at putting in more over time but not sure I can physically and mentally handle that right now. The last few weeks at work have been insane. We have so many things on the go and with my new job I seem to be involved in everything which is good I love the challenge but I literally do not stop some days and by the end of the day I am done.

The goods new in all of this is, I do not have the time or ambition to spend money. I am more focused then ever to use what we have in the house, any time I can skip shopping is good news right now.

Well off to decide what meal prep I can do for the week based on what is in the house.

Have a great day everyone.

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information