• 2 Post By PurpleBunny89
  • 1 Post By ilovecats
  • 1 Post By SavvyLady
  • 2 Post By flemeth

Thread: freshco/coupons

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have a few of the coupons from Uncle Bens for $2 off chicken when you buy uncle bens bisto. Went to buy 4 packages of the bisto, price match to no frills flyer for $1.88 and fresco had $3 ground chicken in the bunker with $1 off stickers. Cashier said it did not include ground chicken. Coupon says any fresh, frozen, pre-cooked or rotisserie. Any size, any weight. I asked her to call the manager who she said wouldnt accept it for ground chicken. I was angry by this point so I left the store with every intention of calling the store today when I calmed down. GUESS WHAT? Yes they will honour the coupon but there is no ground chicken left and they cannot replace it for me so I am out of luck. Goodbye Freshco!
    This thread is currently associated with: FreshCo, Guess, No Frills
    ROMEO, walkonby, Shwa Girl and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Ugh while I loved those $4 chicken coupons that had the same wording I also hated them. So many times I had to argue that chicken strips, ground chicken, frozen chicken balls (refused because they contained sauce in the box and were in "ball" format), etc. qualified under this coupon. Sometimes after arguing my point I'd be allowed to use them but other times I would still be refused and would leave empty handed. Eventually I just started using them on the smallest packs I could find of thighs as they were usually the cheapest kind of chicken.

Sorry you had this problem and hopefully another better deal will come around before the coupons expire.
    ROMEO, walkonby, Decaf and 5 others like this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oh for heavens sake, another problem with stores understanding the word ANY.....sorry you lost out on getting it.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I remember once I tried to use this coupon on Maple Leaf fresh chicken and was told coupon only works on WM's store brand chicken. Nice try WM!
    ROMEO, walkonby, SavvyLady and 2 others like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I will get a better deal, no doubt! I love a good challenge. I'm only disappointed in freshco disappointing me for a second time. The first was changing the sign on an incorrect price to avoid paying out a scop. I know what I saw so rather than holding up the line I allowed the order to go through and went back to look at it to prove my point and they ahd removed it. I lived a block away from that store for an additional 4 yrs but refused to shop there. Now this bull! No I am done with freshco. But NEVER with getting a good deal! That's my chocolate!!!
    ROMEO, toronto166 and Davetherave like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Nina1 View Post
    The first was changing the sign on an incorrect price to avoid paying out a scop. I know what I saw so rather than holding up the line I allowed the order to go through and went back to look at it to prove my point and they ahd removed it.
    I know that trick! Now I take a photo with my phone before I ask them about it, just in case.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

I will get a better deal, no doubt! I love a good challenge. I'm only disappointed in freshco disappointing me for a second time. The first was changing the sign on an incorrect price to avoid paying out a scop. I know what I saw so rather than holding up the line I allowed the order to go through and went back to look at it to prove my point and they ahd removed it. I lived a block away from that store for an additional 4 yrs but refused to shop there. Now this bull! No I am done with freshco. But NEVER with getting a good deal! That's my chocolate!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    I know that trick! Now I take a photo with my phone before I ask them about it, just in case.

I go with them to check/confirm it :D And usually I explain on the way how I've been burned in the pass with them removing the price sticker and then comment that of course they (the current person I'm walking with) would never do that but I can never be too sure anymore.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Though they probably should have given it to you, you do know that as soon as they become aware of an incorrect price, they MUST change the sign?

2.0 CORRECTION OF ERRORS
    2.1 Once a scanner pricing error is brought to the attention of the retailer, appropriate steps should be taken as quickly as possible to correct the source of the error.
    2.2 When a retailer cannot immediately correct a scanning error in respect of a product, it will post a correction notice in a conspicuous place. Once such a notice has been posted, the Item Free Scanner Policy is no longer in effect in respect of the relevant product.
    Davetherave likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

That happened to me once, sometimes I take a picture of it with my iPad, but since people don't have phones or iPads I bring the price tag up to the cashier, once 1 cashier said you're not allowed to do that, I explained that they had removed it once I mentioned it, now that's what I do!! I always get the scope!! I feel I have to complain more now than I ever did!! I only want what I'm entitled too!! I know there are a lot of scammers out there, so I can't really blame them. One cashier told me someone took the price tag from the store and used it the following week to get a scope, they had her on camera!! So I don't know what's going on anymore!!
    toronto166 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I was at Frescho yesterday and was refused to use the Barilla pronto coupon for $1.00 from save.ca because the Pasta is on sale for $.97 and the are unable to reduce the coupon and if the took out the full $1.00 I would be getting back $0.05 and the are not allowed to give back it is not the first time depending on the cashier and who is in the head cash that day after I tried to explain I asked the head cash if I can speak to the manager she went in the office and took about 15 minutes then come back and said I can't on my way out I knock on the door and I spoke with the manager I was told that they are not going be paid because that s what the head cash told him I was not sure who was boss and left called the head office and was told my coupons should not be refused and I would be getting a call from the owner when he is in waiting on that call
    Cata and toronto166 like this.

Thread Information