User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree187Likes

Thread: This little piggy came wee wee wee wee HOME! FREE BACON/WEINERS!

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Wow amazing shop!
    cally, dededi and Davetherave like this.

Teachers Have Class
    Trading Score
    520 (100%)

The early bird gets the . . . bacon and wieners! It paid off to get to the store early. My RCSS had lots of the Red Hot wieners but not as many Country Naturals wieners so I was happy to get those FREE (plus the 200 bonus points for each) with my coupons!
    cally, SavvyLady, dededi and 1 others like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Real Canadian Superstore @ Dufferin & Steeles 51 Gerry Fitzgerald Dr ·

Cashier refused to allow me to use more than one coupon saying "one coupon per purchase", well, the line gets longer, I just give up and left. Bad luck when bumped into a stubborn cashier
    hcao, SavvyLady, dededi and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Great haul!

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk
    cally, dededi and Davetherave like this.

Maud Wagner of Couponing! cally's Avatar
    Trading Score
    372 (100%)

Well that's disappointing! I run into this occasionally and I explain it means per item purchased, not per person/customer. Usually they get it or ask another cashier. If they still insist, I just ask to see a manager. I know that that can be a pain, but a)I really want to get my deals, and b)it educates the cashier for future couponers! As for other people in line, I know that feeling too....like you're purposely holding up the line or something. I just think "You don't pay my bills, so I'll take my time." I may have actually said this out loud a few times to some rude people. But for the most part, people understand. Also a good trick, if you can do it, bring your binder and gift some people in line with coupons for their groceries.....best way to make new friends!
    Quote Originally Posted by BadJai View Post

Cashier refused to allow me to use more than one coupon saying "one coupon per purchase", well, the line gets longer, I just give up and left. Bad luck when bumped into a stubborn cashier
    SavvyLady, BadJai, dededi and 1 others like this.
    *~*~*~*~TRADELIST/WISHLIST~*~*~*~*

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I always say, "I'm price matching and using coupons", depending on the cashier you may want to go to another cash. Some stay and some leave.
    dededi and Davetherave like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SavvyLady View Post
    I always say, "I'm price matching and using coupons", depending on the cashier you may want to go to another cash. Some stay and some leave.
    Yes, some cashiers are friendly and helpful.

There just some cashiers, when they see price matching and coupons, their face turned to a annoyed face, from there onward, no more customer service at all and they will find every single excuses to reject the coupons. They treated us as if we begging the items from them.

I wish stores could have a lane specially for people who want to price match and coupons and they assign a well-trained employee to that lane. Most of the time when we use coupons, not well-trained cashier will just take their time to read every single lines on the coupon and then find excuses to reject. At the same time, the line behind will get so long, everyone will look at you like if you stealing from the store and that is the reason alot of people rather give up using coupons.
    Davetherave likes this.

Teachers Have Class
    Trading Score
    520 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cally View Post
    Well that's disappointing! I run into this occasionally and I explain it means per item purchased, not per person/customer. Usually they get it or ask another cashier. If they still insist, I just ask to see a manager. I know that that can be a pain, but a)I really want to get my deals, and b)it educates the cashier for future couponers! As for other people in line, I know that feeling too....like you're purposely holding up the line or something. I just think "You don't pay my bills, so I'll take my time." I may have actually said this out loud a few times to some rude people. But for the most part, people understand. Also a good trick, if you can do it, bring your binder and gift some people in line with coupons for their groceries.....best way to make new friends!
    And, if nothing else works, politely ask the cashier to ring in each item and coupon separately and pay for each one at a time. It's a pain since it's time consuming but it usually works since you are then following their definition of "one coupon per purchase".
    Davetherave likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have a few coupon books now from a friend who was not going to use them.. None of the coupon's seem to apply to bacon and the cashier said they cannot be used on the Maple Leaf bacon. Which 2.50 off coupon are shoppers using on the bacon?

My second question is about quantity. We do not have a freezer (other than the one in the fridge) so we do not have a lot of extra space. How good are the bacon and hot dogs prices at RCSS this week. Is there a reasonable chance someone else will have them that cheap before the coupons expire? If so, I will buy some now and some later. But if these is a really low price then I might be begging a relative for freezer space. What I really need is a coupon for a free freezer LOL
    Last edited by Tiana; Sat, Mar 12th, 2016 at 10:26 AM.
    Davetherave likes this.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiana View Post
    I have a couple of coupon books now from a friend who was not going to use them.. None of the coupon's seem to apply to bacon and the cashier said they cannot be used on the Maple Leaf bacon. Which 2.50 off coupon are shoppers using on the bacon?
    Do you have the right booklet?! Did your friend take some of the coupons? Lol

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by annedougherty View Post

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    *facepalm* I found the coupons. Two of the booklets had a coupon attached. The one booklet I kept looking at did not. It was loose with a couple of other coupons but sort of stuck to them. I am going to blame my oversight on my migraine. LOL But indeed I had been wondering if there were different booklets in different regions.

I was happy to get these ones because I have been searching for a while. I found about 20 boxes in Giant Tiger last night and every one of the had the peelies removed. But them I got these, so I was grateful.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Bingo! I got a couple more coupons from RCSS. Only one person eats bacon in the household and not very often. So, I am actually giving some of the bacon back to the friend who gave me the coupon books. It will be used at the homeless shelter in the morning for a little "clocks go forward" celebration breakfast.

This is one thing (among many) that I love about buying products for a very low price (or free) - although money is tight, I am often able to pick up an extra deal or two for donations and I like being able to help in that way.
    immac2947 and SavvyLady like this.

Trading Score
    455 (100%)

Nice Score
    ROMEO, cally and theo44 like this.

Maud Wagner of Couponing! cally's Avatar
    Trading Score
    372 (100%)

I just couldn't resist! I went out and grabbed (6) more FREE bacons and (2) more FREE Ready Crisps w/booklets of course! Plus I used my FPC for Smartfood from the Pepsi/Tosititos SuperBowl booklet! My fridge is SO stocked with piggy products! Plus we earned additional 2400 PC Plus points! Did I mention how much our family LOVES these coupons??? LOL
    amira84 likes this.
    *~*~*~*~TRADELIST/WISHLIST~*~*~*~*

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Then RCSS that I shop at is very good at price matching and coupons as long as you are not looking for overage the usually take out exactly what the item cost and so far all the cashiers are patient and friendly the only thing that I don't like is that once you reach $9.00 in coupons you have to wait for an over ride and this some times hold up the line and other customers become annoyed but the cashiers usually be nice and say I should not be sorry because I am also a customer
    cally and BadJai like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information