User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Thoughts? Did the manager make up rules or?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

So I'm wondering who was "right". My friend and I went to RCSS today. 20 minute drive so it's out of my way. But I wanted to get the Nutella/bread deal and figured I'd check for bacon and wieners since I have some coupons. Well all the wieners were gone, lots of bacon, but no ready crisp so whatever I left it, grabbed 725g Nutella x 2 and 2 x wonder bread. There were no advertisements in the store but it was in the flyer (see pic). I was price matching fresh cos Nutella at $3.97. And had a $.50 cpn.

The cashier didn't know how to input the bread... Lol? So called the cash manager and she's freaking out "well we can't do it if we don't have a coupon". Ok sorry your store is advertising something without a coupon? Not my problem... So she brings me to the cash desk to sort it out. She calls several people. Because God forbid I get free $2 bread... Lol. But I'm not mad I'm in no rush no big deal. So the store manager comes over and says to just take $2 off. But then says I can't price match it and get the free bread... Sigh. I figured they'd be silly about it but still annoyed since it was a hue wasted shop (I left it it's not worth it at $6.97 a jar).

I'm not one to argue so left. But I kinda of think they were just being difficult about it all. I feel like Walmart for example would have honoured something like that... Anyway maybe I was in the wrong the price is in the ad. But I took that more as advertising a price not saying I can't price match...

His argument was that "the bread has been discounted" which why it matters if it's free? Free at $5 a loaf is the same as free at $2 a loaf? Lmao frig anyway!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This thread is currently associated with: Apple, Real Canadian Superstore RCSS, Walmart
    Ciel and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

I would get in touch with head office (make sure you keep a copy of the pertinent flyer) and let them know what happened. Just get clarification. I think that some of them are overwhelmed sometimes.
    Ciel, Koolaid, agarla and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Yah I'm not upset at all. It's just a sale no big deal. I just find some managers get so squirrelly over someone getting a solid deal. Lol

I'm really not even upset to contact anyone about it. I was just curious if I understood the flyer correctly but maybe I will email just to get clarification,

Ciel, GeorgiaK, dededi and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Did you have them scan them both then hit the total button? The system may give you the bread free automatically. That's how it works at Metro. No cashier input required
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    Did you have them scan them both then hit the total button? The system may give you the bread free automatically. That's how it works at Metro. No cashier input required
    No they were seriously stressed out because there was no coupon... Lmao. Like there were 5 people at the till discussing the plan of action.... Over $2 bread. You'd think I had 20 packs of bacon for free or something..... BAHAHAHA 😂

Tweets77, Ciel, walkonby and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I did the same thing yesterday pm'd Nutella and grabbed Wonder Bread and I got the bread for free. I didn't know if it would work if I price matched but we needed bread and that was the cheapest.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

That's what I'm wondering. OP did you SAY anything about the bread being free beforehand or did you say something after it didn't automatically come off your bill. I would have just pmed the nutella, and if the bread didn't come off in the end, go to customer service where they would refund the bread.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    Ciel, torontogal12, harley and 1 others like this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by annedougherty View Post
    That's what I'm wondering. OP did you SAY anything about the bread being free beforehand or did you say something after it didn't automatically come off your bill. I would have just pmed the nutella, and if the bread didn't come off in the end, go to customer service where they would refund the bread.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    Hmm yah I did mention it before they scanned it that would have been a good idea.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by samm07 View Post
    Hmm yah I did mention it before they scanned it that would have been a good idea.

Probably best to only complain after the fact after you're sure it didn't work. If you complain before you might waste everyone's time including your own. I think the fact that they knew nothing about it might mean it's automatic
    Ciel, harley and dededi like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Promo like these are automatic, IMO.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

YUp...that's how it should work..The system should be programmed to deduct the free item if the initial bar-code is inputted.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Well boo. Lol. Now to decide if I go back and try.

Ciel, amira84 and dededi like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Was at superstore this morning for the bread and nutella deal I price match the nutella with frescho and the bread came out automatically at the end
    Tweets77, Ciel and Poirot like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

I'm mad at myself! Lol

Ciel, torontogal12 and amira84 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by samm07 View Post
    I'm mad at myself! Lol

Lol. It can happen to anyone. I am sure things like this have happened to a lot of us. Dont worry about it. Lol
    Ciel, torontogal12 and korianka like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information