User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By greeny
  • 1 Post By Ciel

Thread: New sod questions...

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My lawn is now six months old and I can still see the sod seams. Is that normal? Shouldn't it all have blended by now? Also is rolling the sod really necessary? The company I hired to take care of my lawn said it's up to me if I want to get it rolled or not. I have read articles on line stating it's bad to roll the lawn, and other articles saying it should be rolled. Argghhh I need advice please. Thanks.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

New sod usually requires regular watering (whatever day the municipality allows for your residence to water grass) for a couple of weeks or so to help the grass roots get established on the turf where it is placed. Did you also feed the lawn during that time?
    You may wish to aerate (tools for making plugs of soil to help the soil breathe) the ground when the next batch of warm weather comes after the snow. As for rolling, that may help to flatten any ground if there was shifting over winter due to fallen limbs or meltwater. Rolling seems over the top for your lawn situation (I say this as a family member just did roll the back yard but am not sure if he rolled over the gouges caused by fallen tree limbs-there are sections need shovelwork and grass seeds).
    It might be just easier to get some dirt and grass seed and fertilizer to cover the sod seams and encourage new growth to knit the sod parcels together. Make sure you are attentive to watering needs during the new seed growth.
    Last edited by Ciel; Thu, Mar 17th, 2016 at 04:01 PM.
    greeny likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Thread Information