User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Walmart cashier stealing from customers

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Went to Walmart to do a little shopping.You all know that the Schnieders/Maple Leaf coupons on Ready Crisp and Maple Leaf Prime has bean like gold lately . I found 2 packs of the Ready Crisp with those coupons still attached.I picked up 6 Maple Leaf bacon that I price matched,so they were free.Went through the check-out and handed over my coupons that I already had from previous deals leaving the coupons on the Ready Crisp to remove when I get home.Well you know those coupons don,t just fall off. When I got home and proceeded to put groceries away I noticed that the coupons that were on the Ready Crisp bacon were removed. Now where do you suppose they went.The only 2 people that handled them was me and the cashier.I was beyond pissed off because I know damn well they were there when I went through the check-out.
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I've had this happen before - with cashier saying that the peelie is meant to be used at time of purchase.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sorry, this happened to you. I've never encountered this situation before, so now, I'll pull my coupons prior to checkout. Thanks for sharing.
    Ciel, innaor and Davetherave like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have had cashiers go to pull them off at checkout...oh no no no no. Now I pull them off as I get to cash to avoid situation
    Thumpersmom, Ciel and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had that happened to me at Loblaws, the cashier actually ripped the coupon off right in front of me.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

and do what with them?

Not sure I understand why you are upset? Wasn't it applied to your purchase?
    Ciel, dededi and Davetherave like this.
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    134 (100%)

I had the same thing happen to me - I had to take a pack of the Ready Crisp bacon back as it had mold on it and picked a new package that I ensured had a coupon pack on it, yet when I got home, no coupons! Only the customer service cashier could have removed it - the nerve!
    Ciel, rockco and Davetherave like this.
    Pretty please with sugar on top, can you use my Swagbucks referral?
    swagbucks.com/refer/jaxflower

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jaxflower View Post
    I had the same thing happen to me - I had to take a pack of the Ready Crisp bacon back as it had mold on it and picked a new package that I ensured had a coupon pack on it, yet when I got home, no coupons! Only the customer service cashier could have removed it - the nerve!
    mold?!....I haven't double check mines, I better check them now....

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you had read the whole post I had said that I had coupons in hand ready to use for that transaction.While I was distracted with something else the peelies were removed and the cashier never told me that she did so.The peelies were on the product when I put them on the counter.So what does that tell you.And I say again those peelies just don,t fall off.
    Ciel and Davetherave like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

pull your coupons in advance. Many cashiers are in the habit of taking coupons off packaging and applying them right away. Doublecheck your bill.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jaxflower View Post
    I had to take a pack of the Ready Crisp bacon back as it had mold on it...
    Ok, I checked the expiration date, but not the contents for mold. Thanks for info, will check right away, for mold & bugs.

Maud Wagner of Couponing! cally's Avatar
    Trading Score
    372 (100%)

Wow....that's nervy. I mean, like some posters have said, it could have been by mistake thinking that you were using the top coupon right away, and if they're not attentive they may not have realized that it wasn't just one coupon, but an actual coupon booklet. I've never run into this, but I usually shop at RCCS and they're pretty good. Guess it just means we'll all have to have a more watchful eye when ringing up our groceries.
    *~*~*~*~TRADELIST/WISHLIST~*~*~*~*

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cally View Post
    Wow....that's nervy. I mean, like some posters have said, it could have been by mistake thinking that you were using the top coupon right away, and if they're not attentive they may not have realized that it wasn't just one coupon, but an actual coupon booklet. I've never run into this, but I usually shop at RCCS and they're pretty good. Guess it just means we'll all have to have a more watchful eye when ringing up our groceries.
    I'm also thinking it's an honest mistake.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.... what more can I say........

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Michael Hogan - call the Walmart store manager. Was this the store in Bradford? Ask to speak to the Manager. One of the Oshawa stores has loss prevention all over the peelie coupon thieves, so I think there's a good chance you will get listened to by the store (not the CSMs, go higher).
    Ciel likes this.
    Join the Ajax Coupon Group: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/119179048289492/

Use Instacart for free credit towards your order! Earn cash in a flexible part time job! Referral code KRISTAJ961A3 https://shoppers.instacart.com/?refe...upply_referral

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Some posters seem to think that the cashier removing the peelies was an honest mistake. That is far from the truth because even before the cashier handled the items I was purchasing I had told her that I had the coupons in question.She even went over to a CSM that was at a check-out behind us to see If I was allowed to use multiple bacon coupons in one transaction and at that time she had all of the coupons in her hand.CSM said it was O.K.Then she proceeded to check-out. At what point she removed the peelies ,I don,t know ,because it was something that I never expected to happen.Also she never informed that she removed the peelies. I had already given her all that she needed.No this was not an innocent mistake.This was undeniably deliberate !!!! NOTE- of all of those jerks that remove said peelies from packages still on the shelves why should cashiers be any different .They certainly have the means to use coupons to their own benefit . I hate to say it ,but there is no shortage of deceitful couponers out there on both sides of the counter.
    Ciel likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information