User Tag List

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree559Likes

Thread: New Cash Register Software System

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

My local store (which is the largest in Western Canada) still do not know how to apply coupons on the new system.
    As a result, they've taken to 'creative accounting'......which has worked out in my favour, but I really feel bad for them....zero training and it takes so much longer.
    Yesterday 2 cashiers and 1 supervisor were 'required' to put my transaction through

Anyone know what the steps are to enter regular $ off coupons that I can pass along to them ?? TIA !
    Last edited by redhdlois; Tue, May 10th, 2016 at 12:44 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    154 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by maple7 View Post
    Attachment 311497

Certainly. Same item, isofemme power bar with $2 manager's sticker, both times scanned at register as $2.49 about 3 minutes apart.

Unfortunately I didn't scan my optimum card on the second one, so can't show the point difference. I was actually hoping to spend $11.59 - $8 manager's stickers and get 3k wus $10 food and snacks (which most of the time doesn't work for protein bars) and this was so far from happening I just wanted to go home lol.
    Thank you for sharing the receipts with us. Need to test this out at my SDM but most of the times my patience level runs out at my store because of the cashier, and the supervisor trying different things and building a long line-up at the only cash register that's open in the morning. Unfortunately I can only shop between 9:00 am - 9:30 am.

The clearance item button has me wondering about how/when it will be used. Manager coupons has a discount value but the clearance item shows the final price. For example, an item is marked $5 but rings in at the regular price which is (let's assume) $27.99. If they enter $5 with clearance item button, it would deduct $5 from the regular price $27.99 (based on the receipt picture) which would bring the price to $22.99. Or would the cashier need to manually find out the difference and enter that?

Or do I even make sense? Sorry had a very tiring day.
    Silk, maple7, dededi and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by redhdlois View Post
    Anyone know what the steps are to enter regular $ off coupons that I can pass along to them ?? TIA !
    Did another transaction with new system on weekend. For manufacturer coupons, they have to wait until all the items are scanned, do the total, then they select "tender" button. Once "tender" is selected, the vendor coupon option appears. That is the one to be used for manufacturer coupons. But then they have to be careful to remember to back out of that so that they can process your payment as a different form of tender.
    redhdlois, dededi and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by super807 View Post
    Did another transaction with new system on weekend. For manufacturer coupons, they have to wait until all the items are scanned, do the total, then they select "tender" button. Once "tender" is selected, the vendor coupon option appears. That is the one to be used for manufacturer coupons. But then they have to be careful to remember to back out of that so that they can process your payment as a different form of tender.
    Thanks..... I will see how they enter my coupons at my next shop, and if they're having problems, I'll suggest this (not that I want to tell them how to do their jobs, but I'm sure they would appreciate any help ..... feel sorry for those cashiers, no training, no support whatsoever)
    maple7 and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

I had a FPC WUB another product. After 10 minutes and 2 cash registers she gave it to me as a SCOP...LOL
    agarla, dededi and Davetherave like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

wow after reading all this, no wonder there is much confusion with the new system. I haven't stepped into a Shoppers since February and I think I'll stay away until cashiers have had more time to adjust to all the intricacies of the new system.
    dededi and Davetherave like this.
    CADDLE APP REFERRAL LINK: http://dev.caddle.ca/signup/referral/565f84b25049b

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ashoo View Post
    Thank you for sharing the receipts with us. Need to test this out at my SDM but most of the times my patience level runs out at my store because of the cashier, and the supervisor trying different things and building a long line-up at the only cash register that's open in the morning. Unfortunately I can only shop between 9:00 am - 9:30 am.

The clearance item button has me wondering about how/when it will be used. Manager coupons has a discount value but the clearance item shows the final price. For example, an item is marked $5 but rings in at the regular price which is (let's assume) $27.99. If they enter $5 with clearance item button, it would deduct $5 from the regular price $27.99 (based on the receipt picture) which would bring the price to $22.99. Or would the cashier need to manually find out the difference and enter that?

Or do I even make sense? Sorry had a very tiring day.
    You're most welcome. Yes, I think we need to keep a watch out for awhile. The clearance one is tough, I think mistakes will be made. From my experience the other day, the cashier would have to stop and figure out that she/he needs to subtract off $22.99 in your example. Hopefully it won't happen too often. The part that concerned me was that the manager's coupon button is further down the screen, so someone reading down the screen top to bottom may decided to use another option before even seeing the manager's coupon button, which is what I believe happened to me.

I'm sure most stores will be fine once they get used to it, but somehow I think someone will be posting on here in a few months from now that something works differently with their coupons and it will be because of how their store processed the transaction lol.
    Last edited by maple7; Wed, May 11th, 2016 at 08:08 PM.
    dededi likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    I don't know about SDM.

But I hate stores, where when they scan the product, the sale price doesn't show up, but just the regular price shows up ! Only when they hit the enter button at the end , the various sale prices show up and get printed on the receipt .

but in real time while each product is being scanned sale or promotional prices don't show up , so you don't even know if the product was scanned at the right price or not, and you can't even tell the cashier that.

Sometimes when it scans at reg. Price, I tell the cashier its on sale, then when the cashier hits the return button , the price automatically adjusts to the sale price, making me look stupid . But while scanning the sale price doesn't show up, so how is the customer supposed to know if it was scanned properly or not , till the very end

seems to be a delibrate ploy to prevent SCOP.
    You can still request SCOP after you've paid. Check the prices on your receipt before you leave.
    Cake, dededi and Davetherave like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wondering if anyone has used the seniors discount on the new system?

Dh turned 55 this week and I received a seniors discount today using his card. Cashier looked as surprised as I did to get the discount. So was I looking particularly old today or has this been automated? Anyone have any experience?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by redhdlois View Post
    My local store (which is the largest in Western Canada) still do not know how to apply coupons on the new system.
    As a result, they've taken to 'creative accounting'......which has worked out in my favour, but I really feel bad for them....zero training and it takes so much longer.
    Yesterday 2 cashiers and 1 supervisor were 'required' to put my transaction through

Ran into some of that "creative accounting" yesterday. Buying $9.99 clearance item tagged at $2.50. Rang in at full price so cashier applied store coupon of $2.50 (which was wrong) . Then she hit clearance item and entered $2.50 which took the price to $7.49 -$2.50 = $5,49. Then she overrode the price to $2.50 which brought it to $0.00. I argued with her that she needed to delete the coupon as it shouldn't be free, I should be paying $2.50 but she insisted it was all correct. I think at that point the line was building and she wanted to be done with me.
    innaor, amira84, dededi and 1 others like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    Ran into some of that "creative accounting" yesterday. Buying $9.99 clearance item tagged at $2.50. Rang in at full price so cashier applied store coupon of $2.50 (which was wrong) . Then she hit clearance item and entered $2.50 which took the price to $7.49 -$2.50 = $5,49. Then she overrode the price to $2.50 which brought it to $0.00. I argued with her that she needed to delete the coupon as it shouldn't be free, I should be paying $2.50 but she insisted it was all correct. I think at that point the line was building and she wanted to be done with me.
    I don't know how she should have correct the price but I think she was right as it was SCOP.
    dededi likes this.
    My Orange key is 24496925S1

Drop referral code:q6n0i https://www.earnwithdrop.com/

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by agarla View Post
    I don't know how she should have correct the price but I think she was right as it was SCOP.
    I understood that SCOP applied to items that don't have price tags - this item had a sticker on it stating that the clearance price was $2.50. SCOP applies to items that scan higher than the price posted on the shelf.
    Anna Michele likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    I understood that SCOP applied to items that don't have price tags - this item had a sticker on it stating that the clearance price was $2.50. SCOP applies to items that scan higher than the price posted on the shelf.
    correct, but it is rare that a cashier understands SCOP and if you told them it was incorrect and they still did it, you lived up to your moral obligation to say it was wrong IMO
    scouponer likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I haven't read every post in this thread so sorry if its a repeat.

Can you reload gift cards on the new system? I've been to 3 different SDM and no one seems to know how. I'd prefer to reload a card then buy a new one each time to reduce my carbon footprint. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
    Keep Smiling!
    Super Mel

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I am in Montreal, and went to a Pharmaprix/SDM last week to get some milk. They all had manager stickers on them and the cashier entered them as regular coupons. I asked you about it and noted that it was a new cash system. Apparently, this store has been told to enter everything as manufacturer coupons since it is such a complicated thing to do anything else. Works out for me point-wise, but I feel bad that the stores are not getting the needed training.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information