• 1 Post By torontogal12
  • 1 Post By lecale
  • 1 Post By samm07
  • 1 Post By Arvilish

Thread: Sdm missing bonus points

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

So my husband went out to get cold medication last night. I had a personal offer for 1000 bonus points when you spend $10 that would expire that day. Have him my card, I check today no bonus points. So I ask him. I gave him a $12 lottery ticket which he paid with and he says "she forgot to scan the card but did at the end" well I only got 90 points not 1000 plus the ~100 base points. 😡 grumpy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This thread is currently associated with: Apple, Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

[QUOTE=samm07;6598767]So my husband went out to get cold medication last night. I had a personal offer for 1000 bonus points when you spend $10 that would expire that day. Have him my card, I check today no bonus points. So I ask him. I gave him a $12 lottery ticket which he paid with and he says "she forgot to scan the card but did at the end" well I only got 90 points not 1000 plus the ~100 base points.  grumpy!

With 90 points, the subtotal is probably below $10. Like $9 and change.
    Subtotal needs to be $10 or more. Taxes don't count.
    It's happened to all of us.
    torontogal12 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

[QUOTE=WINNIPEGZELDA;6598778]
    Quote Originally Posted by samm07 View Post
    So my husband went out to get cold medication last night. I had a personal offer for 1000 bonus points when you spend $10 that would expire that day. Have him my card, I check today no bonus points. So I ask him. I gave him a $12 lottery ticket which he paid with and he says "she forgot to scan the card but did at the end" well I only got 90 points not 1000 plus the ~100 base points.  grumpy!

With 90 points, the subtotal is probably below $10. Like $9 and change.
    Subtotal needs to be $10 or more. Taxes don't count.
    It's happened to all of us.
    He said the cold meds were $11 I checked my account and it says $3 before tax... So I'm not sure what the heck happened. Ugh oh well. Live and learn don't send a man to do my job lmao
    agarla likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

[QUOTE=samm07;6598780]
    Quote Originally Posted by WINNIPEGZELDA View Post

He said the cold meds were $11 I checked my account and it says $3 before tax... So I'm not sure what the heck happened. Ugh oh well. Live and learn don't send a man to do my job lmao
    What is the price of the cold meds on your receipt?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

He paid with lottery $12 lottery ticket i.e. win?
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

So j looked over the receipt when he got home $9.99 before taxes...... Frikin men. "Here take my shoppers card I have bonus points 1000 when you spend $10. Also take my lottery ticket, grab one more ticket and use the rest for whatever."
    Husband: "oh $9.99 is close enough to $10! Also I'll pay for it all with this lottery ticket and pocket the change for coffee.... 😒" lol again....never send my husband to do my job. Sigh. One cent off... What the hell man!?!

agarla, Arvilish and WINNIPEGZELDA like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arvilish View Post
    He paid with lottery $12 lottery ticket i.e. win?
    He did but that shouldn't have mattered as its paid it with cash. So would be just like paying with a debit card or money
    Arvilish likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Sometimes it can take a few days to add to your account if it is a bonus. If not, email them. I have had good experience with it. They'll take care of it.

At the end of the day, 1000 pts worth about $1.20. Don't spend too much time on it. If you spend more than 6 minutes to save a dollar, you're working under minimum wage.
    samm07 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by EvilTofu View Post
    Sometimes it can take a few days to add to your account if it is a bonus. If not, email them. I have had good experience with it. They'll take care of it.

At the end of the day, 1000 pts worth about $1.20. Don't spend too much time on it. If you spend more than 6 minutes to save a dollar, you're working under minimum wage.
    I love that you did that math! Lol awesome it was a hubby error it's all good.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

So j looked over the receipt when he got home $9.99 before taxes...... Frikin men. "Here take my shoppers card I have bonus points 1000 when you spend $10. Also take my lottery ticket, grab one more ticket and use the rest for whatever."
    Husband: "oh $9.99 is close enough to $10! Also I'll pay for it all with this lottery ticket and pocket the change for coffee.... " lol again....never send my husband to do my job. Sigh. One cent off... What the hell man!?!

Lotto wouldn't have made it $10 - you don't get base pts on that.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

This happens from time to time. Just email them and they're good about adding. Doesn't have anything to do with him being a man though, just inexperienced deal getter.People make these kinds of errors all the time (myself included, last week)

Maybe if you write to SDM nicely and explain the situation, they will take pity! You never know
    samm07 likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    Lotto wouldn't have made it $10 - you don't get base pts on that.
    No the meds didn't hit $10 to begin with $9.99. Paying with lottery ticket money makes no difference. It's tender. Doesn't matter. Just him not realizing he didn't hit $10. Damn pennies. Lol

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

No the meds didn't hit $10 to begin with $9.99. Paying with lottery ticket money makes no difference. It's tender. Doesn't matter. Just him not realizing he didn't hit $10. Damn pennies. Lol
    Agreed - but I thought you were going to get another lotto ticket to take it over $9.99, and that wouldn't have worked. That's what I meant. Should have gone for $.79 Carnaby sweets
    samm07 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    Agreed - but I thought you were going to get another lotto ticket to take it over $9.99, and that wouldn't have worked. That's what I meant. Should have gone for $.79 Carnaby sweets
    Gotcha! Yah I would have told him not to be cheap and get "the good meds" 😂 preps on salts. Oh well live n learn it's only 1000 points. Rookie mistake 😉
    WINNIPEGZELDA likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

He did but that shouldn't have mattered as its paid it with cash. So would be just like paying with a debit card or money
    You could pay with it right away! COOL...now I will buy scratch lotteries :p
    samm07 likes this.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Thread Information