User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 99
Like Tree140Likes

Thread: Frugal but Healthy Schoolbag Lunches- Please share!

  1. #16
    Coupify! Granger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    South Eastern Ontario
    Posts
    2,627
    Likes Received
    10336
    Trading Score
    42 (100%)




    Rice cakes (0.33)
    Apple sauce (0.33)
    Grapes (0.50)
    Sunflower seeds (0.15)
    Raisins (0.21)
    Water

    $1.52 per lunch (I think if I am hitting under $2 for a GF lunch I am rocking' it!!!)

    I bought regular bagels on sale for $1.67 at GT this week for breakfast. I paid $7 for 5 GF bagels for GF squirt so she could have the same. I am telling myself I am investing in her emotional health and self-esteem when I spend like that for GF.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger



  2. #17
    Canadian Genius
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    North of Toronto
    Posts
    7,571
    Likes Received
    34143
    Trading Score
    53 (100%)




    DS`s lunch today:

    Toasted Bacon, lettuce and cheese sandwich
    apple
    vanilla yogurt
    pink lemonade
    rice crackers
    granola bar

    Total cost about $1? (bacon was free so that helps!)
    Momof3girlies and Granger like this.

  3. #18
    Canadian Genius
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    North of Toronto
    Posts
    7,571
    Likes Received
    34143
    Trading Score
    53 (100%)




    DS's lunch today:

    Toasted bacon, chicken, lettuce and cheese sandwich
    Fresh strawberries
    apple
    clemetine
    Sliced cucumber
    fish crackers

    Awesome healthy lunch on the cheap!
    chocolate milk in litterless container

  4. #19
    Coupify! Granger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    South Eastern Ontario
    Posts
    2,627
    Likes Received
    10336
    Trading Score
    42 (100%)




    FB

    Rice Crackers $2
    Tuna <$2
    Apples $3

    Not sure what else I will throw in! But Costco pre packed tuna spread crackers were $2 a pop...I knew I could make cheaper with more crackers! (My mom picks them up sometimes and DD loves them and they are great for convenience). For the price of 2 of their tuna cracker packs, I will make at least double.

    About $1 a lunch give or take.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger



  5. #20
    I <3 SmartCanucks.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Quebec
    Posts
    2,171
    Likes Received
    3805
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)




    Awesome thread! Totally following.

    Kids' lunch:
    - Tuna wraps; tuna, celery, mayo, lettuce, pepper.
    - Juice box (paid with a shoppers redemption last week--stockpiled $30 worth.)
    - lemon cookies -taste like lemon meringue pie, (on sale @ shoppers for 1,49 with a $1 off managers sticker!) *gasp.
    - strawberries * 30% sticker off, plus pc points
    - apples (big bags on sale 2/5 @ the independent this week)
    - plain chips (Family size bag on sale split up in ziplock bags)

    My lunch for school:
    -Bring water in my coffee mug with lots of ice.
    -Another travel mug for my tea at lunch (bring to class: Nuclear science & French keeps you thirsty, LOL)
    - Big spinach salad: Spinach, strawberries (cut), hard boiled egg, bacon, chunks of cheese, strawberry poppyseed dressing on the side.
    -Greek yogurt (BOGO coupon(s)--thanks to bargaincoupon.
    Last edited by Momof3girlies; Tue, May 3rd, 2016 at 06:40 AM.
    Angela273 and Frugalbigmama like this.

  6. #21
    Canadian Genius
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    North of Toronto
    Posts
    7,571
    Likes Received
    34143
    Trading Score
    53 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Momof3girlies View Post
    Awesome thread! Totally following.

    Kids' lunch:
    - Tuna wraps; tuna, celery, mayo, lettuce, pepper.
    - Juice box (paid with a shoppers redemption last week--stockpiled $30 worth.)
    - lemon cookies -taste like lemon meringue pie, (on sale @ shoppers for 1,49 with a $1 off managers sticker!) *gasp.
    - strawberries * 30% sticker off, plus pc points
    - apples (big bags on sale 2/5 @ the independent this week)
    - plain chips (Family size bag on sale split up in ziplock bags)

    My lunch for school:
    -Bring water in my coffee mug with lots of ice.
    -Another travel mug for my tea at lunch (bring to class: Nuclear science & French keeps you thirsty, LOL)
    - Big spinach salad: Spinach, strawberries (cut), hard boiled egg, bacon, chunks of cheese, strawberry poppyseed dressing on the side.
    -Greek yogurt (BOGO coupon(s)--thanks to bargaincoupon.
    Great lunches! My DS is on a toasted bacon/lettuce/cheese kick! But I am out of bread so need to use up the pita's and wraps we have for the rest of the week. Tacos for dinner tonight so he will get that in his lunch tomorrow with the same fruit and veggies from Monday.
    Momof3girlies and Angela273 like this.

  7. #22
    Coupify! Granger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    South Eastern Ontario
    Posts
    2,627
    Likes Received
    10336
    Trading Score
    42 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Great lunches! My DS is on a toasted bacon/lettuce/cheese kick! But I am out of bread so need to use up the pita's and wraps we have for the rest of the week. Tacos for dinner tonight so he will get that in his lunch tomorrow with the same fruit and veggies from Monday.
    We had tacos too. I love doing taco salads for lunch from leftovers!!!
    Momof3girlies and Angela273 like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger



  8. #23
    Canadian Genius
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    North of Toronto
    Posts
    7,571
    Likes Received
    34143
    Trading Score
    53 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    We had tacos too. I love doing taco salads for lunch from leftovers!!!
    Taco salad is so good!!!! And my youngest loves it too so it is a great dinner for him and so easy!!!! I think that may be his dinner Thursday night!!!

  9. #24
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,617
    Likes Received
    14164
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)




    This morning my DH was making a pasta salad so he packed up a small container for DD's main course for lunch. Then we added a few extra items and presto, a healthy, economical lunch was ready!
    Momof3girlies likes this.

  10. #25
    Canadian Genius
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    North of Toronto
    Posts
    7,571
    Likes Received
    34143
    Trading Score
    53 (100%)




    The school lunch packing is coming to an end soon! Woohoo for summer vacation!
    DS went out for lunch with friends yesterday and today was pizza day so just fruits/veggies and drink packed.
    Tomorrow will be a toasted bagel with cheese, bacon and lettuce.
    Apple
    Clementines
    sliced cucumber
    Treat of some sort
    Momof3girlies likes this.

  11. #26
    Coupify! Granger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    South Eastern Ontario
    Posts
    2,627
    Likes Received
    10336
    Trading Score
    42 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    The school lunch packing is coming to an end soon! Woohoo for summer vacation!
    DS went out for lunch with friends yesterday and today was pizza day so just fruits/veggies and drink packed.
    Tomorrow will be a toasted bagel with cheese, bacon and lettuce.
    Apple
    Clementines
    sliced cucumber
    Treat of some sort
    The light at the end of the tunnel. Hallelujah! I plan to be more organized next year because I will have to pack for 2 @ school, 1 for daycare (family daycare). Fortunately, I will be home in time for lunch! I think I might do my mom and MIL a monthly care pack with food to keep it more simple. I don't really care what they feed the baby, but I know that her choices will still be limited!
    Momof3girlies and Angela273 like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger



  12. #27
    Canadian Genius
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    North of Toronto
    Posts
    7,571
    Likes Received
    34143
    Trading Score
    53 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    The light at the end of the tunnel. Hallelujah! I plan to be more organized next year because I will have to pack for 2 @ school, 1 for daycare (family daycare). Fortunately, I will be home in time for lunch! I think I might do my mom and MIL a monthly care pack with food to keep it more simple. I don't really care what they feed the baby, but I know that her choices will still be limited!
    Me too! I am going to start my "back to school" bin soon. Stock up on Rice crackers etc. I have already bought DS a new lunchpail. He needs a new backpack. We did well using both the past 2 years. I need to buy a thermos for him so he can take mac and cheese. But so looking forward to summer!! Beach picnics are easy to pack!
    Momof3girlies and Angela273 like this.

  13. #28
    Smart Canuck Horndogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ontario's West Coast
    Posts
    3,982
    Likes Received
    4152
    Trading Score
    5 (86%)




    great posts everyone I wish this was around when my daughters were in school.
    Best surveys and earn points for playing games!
    https://app.irazoo.com/#/auth/signup?referralCode=BZVGWQ


    Still paying with PayPal
    http://superpay.me/members/withdraw/list.php?ref=Truckerswife2

  14. #29
    Canadian Genius
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    North of Toronto
    Posts
    7,571
    Likes Received
    34143
    Trading Score
    53 (100%)




    Today DS has:

    Apple juice
    cubed watermelon ($2.97 whole watermelon at NF- Will do us all week- My fav too)
    blueberry muffin (he came shopping with me- he never comes shopping lol-cheaper for me to buy then make )
    apple
    crackers

    pretty boring lunch. Will do better the rest of the week

  15. #30
    Coupify! Granger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    South Eastern Ontario
    Posts
    2,627
    Likes Received
    10336
    Trading Score
    42 (100%)




    Not for gluten free girl, but for the rest of us. Bridal shower leftovers. FREE.

    I bought two of the GF Scheinders' Family Meat packs on sale at RCSS for $7.50 less $2.50 coupon. This is an amazing deal for GF lunch meat. Normally we pay $5 for a regular sized pack. GF girl will be having sandwiches too!
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger



Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •