User Tag List

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree2324Likes

Thread: April Frugal Chatter 2016

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Thanks all for your well wishes. My son is well on his way to recovery...was told now that he needs to come into the hospital four more times for IV. He is a mechanic and to think that it all started with an accident to his finger. He could have died - scary!
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-momof5boys -great that he is on his way to recovery

-well haven't grocery shopped in 10 days so off I went to walmart -total was 82.58 -35.00 pre-paid visa card I got from doing surveys(mind you took a long time maybe a year or a bit more -good things come to those who wait) =47.58 (mind you didn't buy any meat except luncheon meat ) but it sure did help

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

momof5boys so good to hear your son is getting better

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning Everyone,
    I have been up since 6:30 and started working right away. I am aiming to run 12 to 14 hours a day if possible to try to complete on schedule. I am feeling good we can get this done but I know some aren`t in the same boat as me.

Around 9 I decided to go and start building my dresser. I wanted to get the outer shell done before Mom had to go to work in case I needed help. I was worried about standing it up. Turns our I could stand it up on my own but before that I needed her help to line up the 2 sides. So the shell is built and now I just need to drawers. But right now it is time for food.

As long as all goes well, pretty sure I can get the drawers done today but only time will tell. I do not want to push too much just because I do not want to tweak my back again.

Hope everyone has a great day.
    I'm over the moon excited for you, glad you decided to tackle the dresser...hip hip horray, putting yourself 1st is not a crime or selfish
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@momof5boys glad to hear he is on the mend, was a workplace accident report filed just incase
    @Crochetlady hope you are feeling better these days AND don't overdue yourself
    @Angela273 free is great, hope the twins feel better soon

DH & I ventured out to Home Depot for 8am when they opened, I hate shopping and hate crowds so the end result is $287.96 in savings by pming Lowe's flyer well worth the efforts.

Supper tonight is something with a pork loin (perhaps pork fajitas) and peameal bacon as an option, leftovers for lunches.

I also paid for the large transaction using my pc mastercard so should be around $16 in points....yippee...I was going to defer the payments but figured I would have the funds by mid-April so didn't bother. We ordered a new window for the new master suite, we were going to keep the older window on the 1 side but decided to get it over and done with vs. putting up with a crank window that is tempermental. We ordered double hung which most of the house has and we love them. My mom called me on Thursday and said she is giving us $500 to put towards the renovations which is a very kind gesture and greatly appreciated.

Wishing everyone a great afternoon & weekend.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

All of the drawers are built so I now officially have 2 dressers yippee

I have slowly been getting things ready for dinner. Our local pizza shop used to have a bruschetta pizza I loved. It was my guilty pleasure, no one else liked it so it was what I ordered when I had a bad day and was home alone treat. So I trying to recreate it tonight for my dinner because I am alone for dinner and have spent the day working for work and building my dresser. We will have to see how it turns out.

We will see after dinner if I start to sort my clothes or not. Will see how I feel and how work is going.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    All of the drawers are built so I now officially have 2 dressers yippee

I have slowly been getting things ready for dinner. Our local pizza shop used to have a bruschetta pizza I loved. It was my guilty pleasure, no one else liked it so it was what I ordered when I had a bad day and was home alone treat. So I trying to recreate it tonight for my dinner because I am alone for dinner and have spent the day working for work and building my dresser. We will have to see how it turns out.

We will see after dinner if I start to sort my clothes or not. Will see how I feel and how work is going.
    It will be such a sigh of relief once you have your clothes put away in your dressers, it might seem strange (lol) but this is awesome. And a great way to boost momentum to get your mom hopefully on board to conquer 1 room at a time.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Dinner plans have changed as the pork and peameal bacon are rock solid and hate thawing in the microwave.

Garlic meatballs with rice w/ side salad it is

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

@Angela273

Thanks for the heads up at Children's Place.

One of my dear friends has all three of her kids' birthdays coming up. I spent $160+, but only paid $88, taxes in and free shipping. That doesn't include the clearance savings I banked on, just the 50% off of the clearance!!! Great deal!!!

I purchased:
    3 outfits: one for each of her kids; sunglasses and a case for her girl; Ninja turtle hats for the 2 boys; plus one need for each of my three: #1 (undies), #2 (leotards), #3 (cutest shirt every...not a need).

14 items for $88 is great!!! About $6 an item. This is fantastic when you consider two of the children for whom I am purchasing are no longer in the cheaper clothing bracket.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Ok. I just went through my envelope of receipts for the month of March, which my dad had requested. It included all purchase receipts for everything except eating out and my monthly prescription. So it included food, cleaning supplies, over the counter meds, personal hygiene, and baby items. I'm not sure if I had any SCOPes that I may have overlooked. I also do not calculate saving from sales priced items or my Air Miles 50% off items into the mix.

$18.25 in rebate apps
    $50gc from redeeming PC Plus points
    $60 in Air Miles
    $254.76 in coupons (more than usual due to the meat coupons)
    $12.98 from 10% off Tuesday at Sobeys
    1 free bread knife & 1 free pair of kitchen scissors

Total $395.99 = 42.55% savings
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Apr 2nd, 2016 at 06:22 PM.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Our car key battery was showing low, too. I thought of going to the dealership but dh suggested "Battery Boy"- a local shop that has batteries for EVERYTHING! You usually have to listen to some far right political ideas from the owner - but I was thrilled to pay only $3.00 each. He installed one and showed me how to get it open so I could install the other one. He's really a local treasure!
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Oh, Walks! Yes, our nasty doggie who has to be muzzled every time he goes to the vet had never had his teeth checked by the vet. He finally had to have 5 out once they got him under an aesthetic in the fall when they were removing cysts that he was chewing at. He still has his canines.

I understand about the unexpected vet charges! We even pay fee every month to , in effect, pay for random visits and his annual vaccines and flea and tick meds.

Hope his licking stops!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

OMG! MO5B! How scary! Glad you convinced him to come home! Major pamper time! Hope all goes well!
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    Thanks all for your well wishes. My son is well on his way to recovery...was told now that he needs to come into the hospital four more times for IV. He is a mechanic and to think that it all started with an accident to his finger. He could have died - scary!
    If it was a work-related did he report it to worker's comp? They are really good at taking care that you get the proper treatment at hospital and also back at work.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Angela273 great savings and to boost momentum I'm sure
    @Granger great savings indeed
    @avoncallingu great savings on the battery, worth listening to a little babble I'm sure

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information