User Tag List

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree2324Likes

Thread: April Frugal Chatter 2016

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Crochetlady: WTG, you must feel so free and nice to be able to splurge a bit.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

crohetlady -so nice to have no credit card debt ehhh -hubby and I always pay ours off everymonth

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    If it was a work-related did he report it to worker's comp? They are really good at taking care that you get the proper treatment at hospital and also back at work.

Yes, he did file a report - should be all good. It is amazing how fast he got well after starting the first couple of IVs. He lost weight but otherwise things are well now. Thanks all for your well wishes. Thanking God for healing!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    After 3 long years I finally made my last cc payment. I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.
    @Crochetlady: Congratulations! That's wonderful! You and I will do the happy dance as I have some amazing news too!

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    Yes, he did file a report - should be all good. It is amazing how fast he got well after starting the first couple of IVs. He lost weight but otherwise things are well now. Thanks all for your well wishes. Thanking God for healing!
    @momof5boys : It's great to hear he's doing well! Health is certainly something most people take for granted. If he needs to gain weight, eating pancakes all day certainly beats a medical prescription!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Mortgage. Is. Done. Phew!

It really felt like it was the longest process ever. Originally, it was meant to be a three year term, then renewed over to another final three year term. Of course, life gets in the way and we had to replace our car (expected), then maternity leave (expected, but we didn't know how it would be financially), then daycare (the move to three different daycares and how different expenses would be among them definitely not expected!)

I feel like collapsing on my floor. In my house. On my tiles. Staring at my ceiling. Just wow.....

HBP is all paid back as well, and discharge statement (or whatever it is) is final.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Congratulations Sweet Sparrow

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Very minor shopping will be needed this week, so that's a very good thing!

Our son came over for supper and a visit yesterday - he's doing really well at school and likes it, but he said he really misses working - he's halfway through the course. He is being very frugal - which is wonderful. Interesting that he says pretty much the whole group at school is in similar circumstances, out on their own - so very different than when he did his first full year, which was full of partiers (he was not one).

He is enjoying student discounts - for lunch, a nearby Greek restaurant has a totally separate menu for students. For example, he said one day last week he had ribs and fries for $6, and there was enough leftover for another full meal for him.
    Another cool thing at his college is that they have a culinary arts program - and it's running the same time as his course. Friday they had a 'restaurant' set up where anyone who ordered from there also had to evaluate the service, the meal, etc. He said it was yummy and very cheap.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

@sweet sparrow

That is AMAZING. My goal for that is before retirement!

Name:  dancing-snoopy.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  9.9 KB
    Congratulations sweet sparrow!!!
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sweetsparrow -awesome news enjoy the freedom of no morgage

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    After 3 long years I finally made my last cc payment. I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Definitely frees up the money for a cleaner and some other things I`ve been putting off.
    On the subject of cleaners...I called someone, just waiting to hear back. She charges $20 an hour but thought I`d better snap her up. Someone in the village had her cleaner go from $20 to $25 a couple weeks ago.
    Awesome!!!!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Sweets parrow Congrats on no mortgage! I will definitely do the happy dance with you. lol
    Angela273, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Oh, CONGRATULATIONS! Sweek Sparrow what a wonderful feeling! The "mortgage payment " each month now goes in YOUR pocket! YAHOO!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well off til Wednesday at noon ladies -off to babysit ashlyn overnight too-hubby wants to come home at night (he has a cold so even better-I get my son's bed all to myself
    -wont be on here as no internet at their house they only have their phones
    -ohh and my daughter just called baby's heartbeat is 155 and she has to go for bloodwork for spinabifita-she is happy the baby is fine as she doesnt feel anything yet -I think she is in her 4th month

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I have been hating my wallet for awhile. When cleaning my closet found a brand new wallet that I had forgot about (my sister bought for me on one of her trips) Transferred everything over to the new wallet and love it! Now I have to dig in my closet and switch purses. Do not like the one I am using now and thinking I will toss it (one less thing kicking around).

Tonight I will put on a load of laundry and post some items for sale. Time to start getting rid of stuff and make some money!
    I have a pile of shorts for DS to try on. Thinking I will be selling a huge lot of his (all in like new condition) Good thing is I already bought the next size up for him last month. I need to pull my summer stuff out too soon...we have snow expected all week so I guess I'm not in a hurry lol

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    Thanks all for your well wishes. My son is well on his way to recovery...was told now that he needs to come into the hospital four more times for IV. He is a mechanic and to think that it all started with an accident to his finger. He could have died - scary!
    If the accident happened at work, someone needs to have completed a workplace insurance report. I've heard someone tell me why even papercuts at work need a write-up-there could be a later complication (blood infection) from the original injury that could affect one's ability to attend work.

Your intuition and follow-up really came through for your son. He knows to listen to you and to pay attention from now on, right?
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information