User Tag List

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree2324Likes

Thread: April Frugal Chatter 2016

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It has been a pretty productive day. The twins had me up from 5-7am, then I managed a bit of a nap. It looks like baby girl caught a cold and she will likely share it with her twin brother. I still need to do up an envelope for a Whiskas trade. I folded and put away 2 loads of laundry. Washed and dried 2 other loads of laundry. Big boy and I picked up all the toys in the living room, then vacuumed. I'll wash dishes later. We are out of home made snacks again, we finished the cookies last night. I'd like to bake, but haven't managed to in the last few days. I'll step out to NF tonight to buy a few things. We'll be out of one type of milk by tomorrow morning. I'm also going to pick up another gallon of Icecream with a points offer, etc. I quit buying DQ, even with BOGO coupons, so I don't feel bad for keeping a gallon of Icecream in the house.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I've never used coupons at sdm since I started shopping there religiously, do they do it like all other places or do the total amount of the product count i.e $3.00 - $2.00 = $1.00 or does it count as the total price $3.00????? Any help would be appreciated, thanks
    SDM is a bit special in the way they handle coupons. If it's a manager's coupon in store (red and white stickers) they treat it as the store price. For example, if an item is $3.99 and there is a manager's coupon for $2 off, it shows on your receipt as $1.99 and the tax (if applicable) will only be on the $1.99.

If you use a manufacturer's coupon for $2 off, it takes it off the original price so you will get points for the full $3.99 and the tax (if applicable) will be on the $3.99.

If a coupon is for an FPC, the full value of the item is taken off, including the tax. For example, if you have an FPC on a $3.99 taxable item, your bill will come out to be $0.00.

If you have any SDM points that you have a store coupon for, they will apply, regardless of the amount that was taken off for the coupon. For example, if you had a 2000 SDM bonus points offer on the $3.99 item, you will get full points if you used an FPC, a $ off coupon, or a manager's coupon (unless, I think, in the rare case that the manager's coupon reduced the full value of the item to $0.00).

Feel free to use coupons for the spend $X and get Y bonus points. Coupons are an accepted way to get your total to $X, unless it's a manager's sticker. Then it's the after sticker price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Hump day! Yesterday our streets were snow filled today sunshine! I put a load in the washer last night and hung it out to dry this morning! Packed youngest a litterless lunch and gave the teen $ to treat himself to lunch today. Brought breakfast and snacks to work. Will have a horrible coffee here this morning lol. My honey is off today so we are planning a nice dinner (to use up the gallon of tziki (sp) dip he made Friday. Hope to pull a few bins from selling room and post for sale while watching survivor. Have a great day everyone!

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

DH has been on my case for a new kettle ever since ours broke in January. I remember telling him at Christmas that we should buy a new one since they're on sale (lowest price for $69.99) but he said no, ours still workes. And then it died!

He was debating with me over whether or not we needed such a fancy one, but all kettles with automatic shutoff are $35 and up. This one replaces our Cuisinart that we've had since we were married. Plus, it was paid using Swagbucks at Amazon, so no matter how expensive it was, it was nothing OOP. It's been hovering at $119 for the longest time but usually dips to $80 about once a month.

A few days ago, it was their lightening deal for $83.99 for several hours. I happened to be online ten minutes before the deal expired and it's arriving today, just in time for DH's birthday next week! LO and I will wrap it after work tonight in the brown kraft paper that came with the last Amazon shipment. She has a week to decorate it with her markers.

LO and I have also started some sweet pea seeds but thought it would be too cold to put outdoors yet. We're growing them in a covered plastic dish where she checks on their progress daily and waters them every few days. A few have opened up and sprouted already.
    Last edited by sweet sparrow; Wed, Apr 27th, 2016 at 09:53 AM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ Oh, how I love sweet peas! I've never grown them myself, but my mom used to.
    You brought back such a memory for me - there was an old Ukrainian baba who lived several blocks from our home, like halfway from our house to the nearest corner store, and our church was near by there as well. She grew sweet peas all along the line of her fence - so they looked beautiful when we frequently walked by, and we'd stop and enjoy their fragrance!

Good morning, everyone!

So crazy that it's almost the end of the month - gah, getting older means the weeks just fly by, it's nuts!

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@Natalka : These are the dwarf sweet peas that don't need to climb upwards but grow to knee height only. Just LO's size!
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

I spent some time last night redoing my garden plans. I need the garden to be very productive this year.
    the new crockpot dish was delish as well.

did up a preminary budget for May . it may be a good month. Hopingthe heat can stay off. and I can get some garden stuff done.

I ordered a tortilla press via my swagbucks. love free. and Iam hoping to make a few tortillas . and egg roll wrapers. I think I will get that down as well.
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Purchased two more of the $2 Palmolive Original bottles at Cdn Tire today so there'll be suds for May and early June (I hope). My Fortino's did not have the new Jamieson Multivitamin drink mix boxes (in the flyer) so I have a raincheck for when the stock does come in. Pita Break flavours carried by store do not include my beloved cranberry-orange so that $1 off coupon will have to find another store with stock (Walmart does not seem to carry the brand). Used a 50 cents coupon on a Robin Hood quick bread mix box-will bake the batter as muffins to have for the weekend. $1.49 cauliflower will be roasted for tomorrow along with the green stuffed olives and carrots (see next paragraph)

How odd that today I notice Walmart's huge cardboard display of Mars/Snickers choc pkgs with the 5th free bar by the last checkout (near the west door). I certainly did not know about it last Thursday when I went on a chocolate buying campaign for the 2/$6 multibuy. The display was FULL and yet I was having to check the top of the regular shelves where the brand's bars are stocked in 4packs. Did see $1 reduced carrots (4 long ones!) and $1 cantaloupe-bit soft but still good so bought those bags!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well sold my mom's chair lift -paid my visa off with it
    -yesterday and today I have a fever and still have a crup cough -I may call the doctor on Thursday morning as they were closed today
    -maybe these meds I finished on Friday just didn't get totally get rid of the strep throat-back to feeling like crap -gonna go lie down

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    DH has been on my case for a new kettle ever since ours broke in January. I remember telling him at Christmas that we should buy a new one since they're on sale (lowest price for $69.99) but he said no, ours still workes. And then it died!

He was debating with me over whether or not we needed such a fancy one, but all kettles with automatic shutoff are $35 and up. This one replaces our Cuisinart that we've had since we were married. Plus, it was paid using Swagbucks at Amazon, so no matter how expensive it was, it was nothing OOP. It's been hovering at $119 for the longest time but usually dips to $80 about once a month.

A few days ago, it was their lightening deal for $83.99 for several hours. I happened to be online ten minutes before the deal expired and it's arriving today, just in time for DH's birthday next week! LO and I will wrap it after work tonight in the brown kraft paper that came with the last Amazon shipment. She has a week to decorate it with her markers.

LO and I have also started some sweet pea seeds but thought it would be too cold to put outdoors yet. We're growing them in a covered plastic dish where she checks on their progress daily and waters them every few days. A few have opened up and sprouted already.
    My mom used to have a really nice sweet pea perfume. It smelled so good

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Got a refund today on items i ordered...cancelled but were shipped anyways and never arrived.

Totally off topic buti weighed myself today and ive lost 3lbs since march 2015. I thought i gained.

Went out for lunch with a friend yesterday. My turn to treat then bf treated me to supper. Tonight we are at the hockey year end banquet but....the power went out town wide 20 min ago so we haven't startes yet. Theo fleury (nhl) is here tonight to make speeches. I met him earlier today.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -well sold my mom's chair lift -paid my visa off with it
    -yesterday and today I have a fever and still have a crup cough -I may call the doctor on Thursday morning as they were closed today
    -maybe these meds I finished on Friday just didn't get totally get rid of the strep throat-back to feeling like crap -gonna go lie down
    Hope you feel better soon! Awesome on the visa!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

-well made a banana loaf today
    -having a parcel delivered today
    -oh and had a friend call last night to see if we wanted to sell my mom's chair lift (mom paid 1,900 when she moved in with us and it was referbished ) we were gonna keep it for us as we age but hey that wont be for 10 or 15 more years -they may not have the parts for it then and if something electric sits that long may not work right -so a couple is coming from Toronto and I asked 300.00 on kijij the cheapest was 400.00-so happy if they come on Wednesday cause I don't want to move that thing again -motor unit is heavy
    -so 300.00 towards my visa bill I just got in -yippee
    I have often wondered how much those chair lifts cost. What kind of job is it to install? I never thought of looking for 2nd. hand.
    jasperandchar and SassyAshley like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

avoncallyu-the lift chair cost 3,000 brand new -mom being frugal as she was went for the second hand tweed cloth chair lift cost her 1,900-100.00 cpn she cut out of local paper =1,800
    -from the shop we bought it the gentleman came and put it on our stairs -we had carpeting on our stairs -not hard to install I think 6 or 8 lug bolts into the stairs-it holds up to 300 pounds
    -so mom had it for 6 and a half years while she lived with us(don't know how old it was either but they have a powerfull motor) and I had it down the basement for 3 years
    -so I could have sold it for 350 to 400 on kijiji ,but friends of ours needed one for a dear friend in her early sixties who broke her hip and her hubby carried her up everynight to bed ,so we said 300.00
    -and they don't work in a power outage -and that happened a few times to mom when she was here -but at least it gave her the freedom to live with us and we gave her the big bedroom with the adjoining shower and bathroom

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

avoncallyu-the lift chair cost 3,000 brand new -mom being frugal as she was went for the second hand tweed cloth chair lift cost her 1,900-100.00 cpn she cut out of local paper =1,800
    -from the shop we bought it the gentleman came and put it on our stairs -we had carpeting on our stairs -not hard to install I think 6 or 8 lug bolts into the stairs-it holds up to 300 pounds
    -so mom had it for 6 and a half years while she lived with us(don't know how old it was either but they have a powerfull motor) and I had it down the basement for 3 years
    -so I could have sold it for 350 to 400 on kijiji ,but friends of ours needed one for a dear friend in her early sixties who broke her hip and her hubby carried her up everynight to bed ,so we said 300.00
    -and they don't work in a power outage -and that happened a few times to mom when she was here -but at least it gave her the freedom to live with us and we gave her the big bedroom with the adjoining shower and bathroom
    Would a larger ups keep it running just long enough in a power outage?

jasperandchar and SassyAshley like this.

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread Information