User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: [Rant] Tangerine Bank -We're not the 1% group

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Tangerine Bank is offering clients up to 3% interest on saving accounts, until end of June
    up to 3%
    We got 2%

Tangerine Bank said only targeted customers get another 1%
    Wait.
    What?
    We're not the 1%???

ALL CUSTOMERS SHOULD BE TREATED EQUALLY.
    ALL CUSTOMERS SHOULD GET 3%!

Shame on you Tangerine Bank.
    Shame.

This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Sat, Apr 16th, 2016 at 03:46 PM.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I actually got 3%. So I guess I am one of targeted one.

But the reason why is I didn't have much movement in Tangerine account except I have their credit card. And I am happy with them as they are giving us 4% cash back for 3 months for the categories of your choice. I couldn't get extra $25 cash back through cash back site as I applied early.

I believe every company has different marketing strategy and I noticed Tangerine target new customers all the time. I guess new customer means new money?

I also have an account at President's choice and they give us same rate to everybody only if you either go into Pavilion or call in. So if you don't know the promotion, you won't get it as you have to take an action.

So the different here is Tangerine is automatically giving everybody some promotion depends on their marketing strategy, and President's choice is giving everybody the same rate only to the customer who responded.

I am just guessing this, but you might get better rate next time if you don't have a lot of activities going on and maybe with credit card?
    My Orange key is 24496925S1

Drop referral code:q6n0i https://www.earnwithdrop.com/

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by agarla View Post
    I actually got 3%. So I guess I am one of targeted one.

But the reason why is I didn't have much movement in Tangerine account except I have their credit card. And I am happy with them as they are giving us 4% cash back for 3 months for the categories of your choice. I couldn't get extra $25 cash back through cash back site as I applied early.

I believe every company has different marketing strategy and I noticed Tangerine target new customers all the time. I guess new customer means new money?

I also have an account at President's choice and they give us same rate to everybody only if you either go into Pavilion or call in. So if you don't know the promotion, you won't get it as you have to take an action.

So the different here is Tangerine is automatically giving everybody some promotion depends on their marketing strategy, and President's choice is giving everybody the same rate only to the customer who responded.

I am just guessing this, but you might get better rate next time if you don't have a lot of activities going on and maybe with credit card?
    Glad you got the rate.
    Tangerine is now a rotting fruit to us.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Just to clarify.. I totally hear what you are saying--every customer should be treated equally or if you have more money, you should be treated accordingly and it never happened.
    Last edited by agarla; Wed, Apr 20th, 2016 at 12:02 PM.
    ROMEO likes this.
    My Orange key is 24496925S1

Drop referral code:q6n0i https://www.earnwithdrop.com/

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

I also got 3% this time.

Last time when they ran a similar promotion, I got a lower offer than other people. I didn't feel like to participate last time, and I don't feel like to do it this time neither. As you said, all customers should be treated equally.
    Last edited by felisha; Wed, Apr 20th, 2016 at 12:45 PM.
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I disagree - valuable customers should be treated better, progressively. This isn't communism.

When you run a business, there are some 20% of customers who are just plain trouble. They take a lot of resources, using a lot of customer services and what not. (That guy at Starbucks buying a shot of espresso in a Venti cup, fill it up with a litre of milk, charge his laptop, use the WiFi and sit until closing should not be treated as well as the guy who buys his entire family breakfast for $30 and leave within 20 minutes. <--Seen both of those) It costs the company a lot more to retain bad customers and thus more profitable should they be discouraged. Otherwise, it is unfair to the top customers. In "4-hour work week", Tim Ferris was able to increase earning while travelling the world working only 4 hours a week by cutting off the bottom 80% of those resource-draining customers.

It only makes me angry when companies don't value loyalty or discourage good customers. TD is one of the worst offender. They regularly give out free iPads and other exclusive offers to new customers. These people keep $2000 in an account and cancel within 3 months just to get a free iPad. The money has to come from somewhere, and it is coming from good customers. My friends works at their customer service. 1/3 of her time is to apologize to loyal customers why they don't get an iPad, another 1/3 is opening and closing disloyal customer's accounts.

As per your case, if you believe you are a good customer, you can certainly call them up and ask what is up?! If they don't value your business, you should take it elsewhere. I get 2.5% at BMO BTW, no time limits. It's a personal offer for being a loyal customer, with good credit and never give them any trouble for the past 20 years. The manager calls me up once a year or so to offer better value to my needs.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

very surprised that BOTH DH and I were given the 3% offer in our separate accounts this time from Tangerine. Never expected that!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Tangerine Bank is offering clients up to 3% interest on saving accounts, until end of June
    up to 3%
    We got 2%

Wait.
    What?
    We're not the 1%???

Shame.

It's cuz you're from the Shwa
    Shwa Girl likes this.
    I can't profess to understand God's plan. Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by electric_viking View Post
    It's cuz you're from the Shwa
    You mean the rich Shwa people?-->You mean the Shwa people that work for The General = General Motors?
    electric_viking likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

up to 3%
    We got 2%

Wait.
    What?
    We're not the 1%???

Shame.

Have you tried phone them? Maybe they can do something about it.
    Shwa Girl and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Decaf View Post
    Have you tried phone them? Maybe they can do something about it.
    @Decaf , yes, they received a call. Spoke with a supervisor. Sounded like the supervisor was reading from a script. And when the supervisor gave ma an e-mail address to complain, I told the supervisor that when I contact PC Financial, they escalate on my behalf and make the calls for me.

This new Scotia Bank Tangerine is a rotting fruit, I think. Does not smell like nice Tangerine citrus.
    Decaf and Davetherave like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I think the 3 % is only for NET NEW deposits. The existing balance won't get 3 % .

You are at least getting 2 % on the entire existing balance, most people are just getting their lousy 0.8 %.

So even if they give you 3 % your existing balance will only get 2 % and only anything on top of that will get the 1 % extra.
    Davetherave likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    I think the 3 % is only for NET NEW deposits. The existing balance won't get 3 % .

You are at least getting 2 % on the entire existing balance, most people are just getting their lousy 0.8 %.

So even if they give you 3 % your existing balance will only get 2 % and only anything on top of that will get the 1 % extra.
    You see my point.

You don't give Tom a lousy 0.8%
    Then give Dick the 2%
    And Harry gets 3%

Every Tom, Dick and Harry should be getting 3% until end of the June.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You mean the rich Shwa people?-->You mean the Shwa people that work for The General = General Motors?
    I think most of the GM employees are well off, no? Isn't that why the company got into financial trouble? Benefits for life are difficult to keep financed.
    Shwa Girl likes this.
    I can't profess to understand God's plan. Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by electric_viking View Post
    I think most of the GM employees are well off, no? Isn't that why the company got into financial trouble? Benefits for life are difficult to keep financed.
    Some retired GM employees from back in the day are well off. They took every shift offered and racked up lots of overtime.
    Some of the newer employees recently hired are not as well off as the retired ones.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information