User Tag List

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree723Likes

Thread: [Rant] Ontario Hydro-you used less energy so you have to pay more. Huh?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Very interesting and also very sickening subject. I too did everything I could to save on Hydro and all this for absolutely nothing. Were is the world going. Lots of working peoples don't even make enough money and everything is soooooooo expensive these days. How can someone survive like this. It is cruel what's is going on and I hate it. Thank you everyone for sharing as it is nice to know what peoples think..................................

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

I remember when we got switched from tier pricing to TOU and I was furious. "Smart" meters became "Scam" meters IMO. Every 6 months they would increase the rates for years and I was always so livid. I tried so hard to save on energy costs and lived in fear of getting that bill because no matter how hard I tried every. single. darn. day. it was still astronomical.

Then we moved to our current residence where we pay all inclusive rent (no utility bills) and I couldn't believe the weight of my shoulders. I never had to plan my schedule around flipping hydro rates again. I never have to worry when DH walks around the apartment leaving lights on. We have electric heat in here and are always super toasty in the winter no matter what temperature it is outside because you know what? I don't have to worry!

i'm not trying to brag. I'm just trying to say I know how you all feel, truly I do but it makes me so much more grateful that we aren't getting scammed every month.

Isn't the cost of solar to be installed cheaper then what it first was? I know its a large investment up front but these idiots will never stop raising prices.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post

Isn't the cost of solar to be installed cheaper then what it first was? I know its a large investment up front but these idiots will never stop raising prices.
    Yes, but it is still a hefty investment. But you are right, the payoff may come sooner than some predicted. And I wish I could afford some.

We are a family of two parents, one child,one hypo allergic dog, and a grandparent. We are stretched thin and I don't see things getting better any time soon. No not with this government!

Off to the library!
    macw1960, Shwa Girl, ticul and 1 others like this.
    ROAK a Huggies or Pampers code to my local pregnancy centre- toys, clothes, food & diapers always needed!

Still keeping the faith SillyLoocie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I cringe every time I see Kathleen Wynne come on the news. We pay far too much for our Hydro & we need to get more vocal in our protests.
    Questions are never really answered on this subject. It's all gobble-d-gook. We are a generally complacent society here too. People rarely contact their MPP on issues that are important. We grin & bear & grumble to people who can't do anything about it. Aren't we a funny bunch

Has a reason ever been given on why we have the highest rates in the country for hydro?

also those so called smart meters? I say baloney to that too!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SillyLoocie View Post
    I cringe every time I see Kathleen Wynne come on the news. We pay far too much for our Hydro & we need to get more vocal in our protests.
    Questions are never really answered on this subject. It's all gobble-d-gook. We are a generally complacent society here too. People rarely contact their MPP on issues that are important. We grin & bear & grumble to people who can't do anything about it. Aren't we a funny bunch

Has a reason ever been given on why we have the highest rates in the country for hydro?

Yes. I agree. The Smart meters are Stupid.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Durham's Commissioner of Works declared, a few years ago, that conservation was killing them. People started conserving water by buying more efficient appliances to use less water, people began water their lawns less. This decreased the amount of revenue for the Works Department because they charge for water and sewer use. Revenue went down, user rates went up to offset the losses.

Can't win no matter what you try to do.

Same goes for automobiles. More fuel efficient vehicles meant less oil being consumed. Result? Gas prices go up. And now it's just greedy gasoline production/retail companies.
    macw1960, walkonby and ticul like this.
    I can't profess to understand God's plan. Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by electric_viking View Post
    Durham's Commissioner of Works declared, a few years ago, that conservation was killing them. People started conserving water by buying more efficient appliances to use less water, people began water their lawns less. This decreased the amount of revenue for the Works Department because they charge for water and sewer use. Revenue went down, user rates went up to offset the losses.

Can't win no matter what you try to do.

Same goes for automobiles. More fuel efficient vehicles meant less oil being consumed. Result? Gas prices go up. And now it's just greedy gasoline production/retail companies.
    The saddest thing about this is we are being penalized for being environmentally conscious. Yes it helps financially to watch water usage, etc. But the government SHOULD NOT be penalizing the public for trying to save our frikin resources 😡 it's absurd!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SillyLoocie View Post

Something can be done about it. Get out and vote. If you don't vote, you have no right to complain.(not pointing the finger at you, Loocie, just saying in general)
    anisa, macw1960 and Shwa Girl like this.
    I can't profess to understand God's plan. Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Something can be done about it. Get out and vote. If you don't vote, you have no right to complain.(not pointing the finger at you, Loocie, just saying in general)
    Well now this is only true if the candidates actually have a solid plan in order to help save our resources, combat the absurd greed going on with these companies, and then ACTUALLY follow through.

I vote. Don't get me wrong. But that most definitely isn't he answer... When was the last time the government let us vote on one of their insane plans? Like oh selling off hydro? Lol! That is a PROVINCIAL asset. It was not "theirs" to sell. Yet they did anyway, regardless of the fact their were tons and tons and tons of petitions to stop it. Huge issues like that need to be taken to the public. Not just decided upon. And the public SHOULD be able to at least slow down a plan like that.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

We voted. Our candidate did not win. I had a bad feeling about this current government.
    *sigh* Guess I was right.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by samm07 View Post
    Well now this is only true if the candidates actually have a solid plan in order to help save our resources, combat the absurd greed going on with these companies, and then ACTUALLY follow through.

I vote. Don't get me wrong. But that most definitely isn't he answer... When was the last time the government let us vote on one of their insane plans? Like oh selling off hydro? Lol! That is a PROVINCIAL asset. It was not "theirs" to sell. Yet they did anyway, regardless of the fact their were tons and tons and tons of petitions to stop it. Huge issues like that need to be taken to the public. Not just decided upon. And the public SHOULD be able to at least slow down a plan like that.
    I'm pretty sure the Liberals said they were going to sell Hydro as part of their campaign platform. We knew going in what they planned yet the public still voted them in.
    macw1960 and Shwa Girl like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

I'm pretty sure the Liberals said they were going to sell Hydro as part of their campaign platform. We knew going in what they planned yet the public still voted them in.
    Well liberals have been our provincial government for awhile in Ontario. Like aside from Trudeau as our federal government. Yea this plan was in place before our federal election... But that vote didn't matter on the sale of hydro one as Kathleen whynne was already in power with the plan set in motion. We weren't voting for her or voting her out. That sale of hydro one had nothing to do with the liberals winning our federal election.
    macw1960 and walkonby like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Now when the provincial liberals announced this I have no idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Ohhh...
    did we really, really know what they would do?

Ooohhhh....
    This government is full of surprises.
    Like teachers getting millions for signing a contract.
    Like teachers getting a bonus if they take less than 15 sick days per year.

This is all new and improved shinanigans.
    And more to come, I don't doubt that.
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yep. I just got my hydro bill. I love how my consumption has decreased significantly the past few months to year yet my bill has INCREASED SIGNIFICANTLY.
    It's getting impossible to afford living with even just the bare minimun these days.
    anisa, macw1960 and Shwa Girl like this.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information