User Tag List

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Like Tree723Likes

Thread: [Rant] Ontario Hydro-you used less energy so you have to pay more. Huh?

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I agree, it's been so hot lately that the A/C's been on almost 24/7. We've set our thermostat to the warmest we can tolerate, and have a fan on in our room when we go to sleep. I try to cook during off and mid peak, and minimize electricity use during on peak hours. Our hydro bills have gone nowhere but up.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Not surprised there are some numbers attached to Ontarians who are not paying or able to pay their electrical bills on time.
    http://www.thespec.com/news-story/68...d-hydro-bills/

Expecting to see a higher % of arrears as the temperatures drop and heating systems go back on.
    seylz_gurl likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Not surprised there are some numbers attached to Ontarians who are not paying or able to pay their electrical bills on time.
    http://www.thespec.com/news-story/68...d-hydro-bills/

Expecting to see a higher % of arrears as the temperatures drop and heating systems go back on.
    I would have thought that a lot of people have higher bills in summer. Most tenants for example have heating covered by landlords since it is a requirement for a minimum temperature through winter months and get high bills when they add AC units after only paying for electronics and lights etc through the winter.

8% of household accounts being 30 days or more overdue is pretty crazy though.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/politi...te-change-plan

With cap and trade coming in January get ready for yet another incomprehensible line on your gas and hydro bill.
    walkonby likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

https://www.thestar.com/news/queensp...consumers.html

Hmmm suddenly hydro is considered an urgent issue after the Liberals lost the by-election in Scarborough-Rouge River.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

just got our bill last week. $475- thats the highest its been since we moved here. i blame the high temps & over watering the lawn. i told hubby to let it die..its JUST GRASS.
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Linda Evans View Post
    just got our bill last week. $475- thats the highest its been since we moved here. i blame the high temps & over watering the lawn. i told hubby to let it die..its JUST GRASS.
    Is your water and hydro on one bill? Wow though that is crazy. We haven't watered the grass at all this summer and it has come back green with the rain we finally got. My highest hydro bill I just got (for July) was approx. $190.00. But I have had the A/C on pretty much all summer. Water bill is approx. $72/mth Can't wait till my teen stops showering here
    Ciel, DaveP and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Is your water and hydro on one bill? Wow though that is crazy. We haven't watered the grass at all this summer and it has come back green with the rain we finally got. My highest hydro bill I just got (for July) was approx. $190.00. But I have had the A/C on pretty much all summer. Water bill is approx. $72/mth Can't wait till my teen stops showering here
    Yes. You are right. The grass looks brown but it's just dormant and usually springs back with some good rain, in the summer.
    By the way, Ontario's premier is making an anouncement on Monday and some think it 's about hydro.
    “We know Ontarians have concerns about things like hydro prices, concerns about cost and everyday living,” he added, saying all government legislation — including the political fundraising reform bill triggered by a Star series — will be reintroduced, in some cases with amendments.
    That means the prohibition on MPPs and candidates attending campaign fundraisers, and the ban on union and corporate donations to political parties will almost certainly take effect in January.
    Wynne signalled pocketbook issues are top of mind after last week’s byelection loss of former Liberal stronghold Scarborough-Rouge River to the Progressive Conservatives, who scoffed at her sudden attention to them.
    “Apparently Premier Wynne only just learned that Ontario families are struggling to afford their hydro bills,” PC Leader Patrick Brown — who was not available to take questions — said in a statement calling the Liberals “old, tired and self-interested.”
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Fri, Sep 9th, 2016 at 05:20 PM.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Mine is looking to be around $200 for July-Sept for just hydro, I can't wait until we have cooler temps and I can turn the AC off
    Ciel likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Yes. You are right. The grass looks brown but it's just dormant and usually springs back with some good rain, in the summer.
    By the way, Ontario's premier is making an announcement on Monday and some think it 's about hydro.
    So, hydro rates will go down. In 2017. About $80 per household on average. Big deal.
    So, GAS prices will go up. About $0.04 per liter. AND home heating with gas has the carbon tax added to the bill starting in 2017. And they refuse to show how much carbon tax is paid each month. It's hidden in the bill-- you just get a total owing.

Scamsters and cheaters
    barbis9, Ciel, seylz_gurl and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    So, hydro rates will go down. In 2017. About $80 per household on average. Big deal.
    So, GAS prices will go up. About $0.04 per liter. AND home heating with gas has the carbon tax added to the bill starting in 2017. And they refuse to show how much carbon tax is paid each month. It's hidden in the bill-- you just get a total owing.

Scamsters and cheaters
    That actually helps us lol we have baseboard heating no gas here. But eeepppp sucks for everyone else 😢 we were getting killed with hydro! I'm honestly breathing a small sigh lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

November - another hydro increase.
    That's three.
    In one year.
    barbis9, Ciel and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Oh but we have clean energy, even though we are still buying carbon credits...
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Speaking of gas prices-Enbridge has a price hike. You noticed that it recently purchased Spectra Energy (which owns Union Energy). https://www.enbridgegas.com/about/fo...9230&year=2016

Look who has submitted hydro rate applications:
    http://www.ontarioenergyboard.ca/html/notice/index.cfm

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Might be a good time to take inventory of candlesticks and holders and matches or lighters-stock up!
    seylz_gurl likes this.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information