User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Walmart Mastercard - No Means NO

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There is nothing more annoying than every time I go to walmart I am offered their walmart mastercard. Even if I have cash, or another method of payment available. Shortly after I say no the cashiers mood goes from friendly to nasty. I guess he/she isn't getting their extra $5 commish. Very annoying.

I will be sure to ask the cashier is they have the card next time.

Until then please join me in this rant!!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess, Walmart
    Ciel, macw1960, walkonby and 1 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I was truly getting annoyed by that as well, but I figure they are told they have to ask each customer every single time or chances are they will get into trouble.
    Thumpersmom, Ciel, GoJays and 4 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

walker is correct. Likely, all of the cashiers have a quota to fill and they get written up/spoken to if they don't fill that quota.
    Funny thing is, I am never asked if I want one. Not that I'd say yes, but no one ever says anything to me.
    Lately, I've started using the self-checkouts so I will never have to worry about it.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just let it go. It's the same as at superstore where the cashiers are required to ask if you are interested in the special.
    Don't allow something so minor to get under your skin.
    Thumpersmom, ROMEO, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I am always asked and I just smile and say No thank u I like the one I have.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by julies1949 View Post
    Just let it go. It's the same as at superstore where the cashiers are required to ask if you are interested in the special.
    Don't allow something so minor to get under your skin.
    Or the $2 to their charity

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Im not sure what grouchy cashiers you have where you are, but yes, they are required to ask. Why they get so grouchy for you I dont know. The ones I deal with let the "no" roll off their back as easily as I let their pitch roll off mine.

What I find more bothersome is that should someone say "yes", and they're in front of me in line, what next? Do I have to wait for them to go through the whole application process? Because that would irk me far worse than simply being asked.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

There is a cashier that I dread at WM and works at the express checkout bullpen. I somehow always get her when she's working. She always asks me if I want the card, and when I say no, she asks me why not. When I pay, she asks me how my card is better - in several different scenarios. By the time I'm out, I could have lined up in one of the regular lineups and not been interrogated. When I have one item, I queue behind the people with 250 items and endure the questioning of why I'm not in the express lineup. And DH wonders why I drive DD1 to the Superstore 30 minutes away instead of going across the street....

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommycoupons View Post
    Or the $2 to their charity
    ohh yes this one frustrates me.. it seems it's a constant hit up for the $2 for their charity, i once had them ask i said no and they charged me for it anyways.. i was down right peeved about that one.. it's not the for charity that angered me it was the fact they charged me for it when i specifically said no i made them reverse it because to me that's not ok
    macw1960, DaveP, walkonby and 5 others like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    ohh yes this one frustrates me.. it seems it's a constant hit up for the $2 for their charity, i once had them ask i said no and they charged me for it anyways.. i was down right peeved about that one.. it's not the for charity that angered me it was the fact they charged me for it when i specifically said no i made them reverse it because to me that's not ok
    Not just that then they donate the money to charity and create FREE publicity, PR and goodwill for themselves saying WM donated $ XXXXX to so & so charity by WM . What a great company we care about so & so cause blah blah.

No where do they mention it was donated by Wal Mart customer's and not by Wal Mart company.

Also they get a corporate tax break for donating that money to charity and reduce the corporate taxes they pay.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It's not just WM that offers their card and asks for donations. Superstore and other stores are just as bad, don't forget.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Not annoying for me at all. They have a job to do. I simply say "no thank you" with a smile on my face and out I go.
    ROMEO, GoJays, macw1960 and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    There is a cashier that I dread at WM and works at the express checkout bullpen. I somehow always get her when she's working. She always asks me if I want the card, and when I say no, she asks me why not. When I pay, she asks me how my card is better - in several different scenarios. By the time I'm out, I could have lined up in one of the regular lineups and not been interrogated. When I have one item, I queue behind the people with 250 items and endure the questioning of why I'm not in the express lineup. And DH wonders why I drive DD1 to the Superstore 30 minutes away instead of going across the street....
    Make sure you do the survey... I've had the persistent cashier too. It's like a bad SNL skit- EVERY. TIME.
    ROMEO and macw1960 like this.
    Join the Ajax Coupon Group: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/119179048289492/

Use Instacart for free credit towards your order! Earn cash in a flexible part time job! Referral code KRISTAJ961A3 https://shoppers.instacart.com/?refe...upply_referral

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Show them this article, when they try to sell their Mastercard. Are they going to be liable or pass on the fraud to you ?

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/m...xico-1.4256154

Winnipeg couple slams Walmart Canada Bank for not reversing $6,600 in fraudulent charges

Credit card agreement stipulates no refund if PIN is used by thieves

macw1960 and walkonby like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Not to be the "Trump" of the post, but it depends on the background of the cashier. Last few visits I was not asked and I was not shocked. Just saying.
    ROMEO and macw1960 like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information