• 1 Post By greeny
  • 1 Post By AddyB
  • 1 Post By AddyB

Thread: (DIY and) Your Favourite Face Wash / Cleanser

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi again!

I'm in the market for a facial cleanser within the drug store price range and availability. You have been an awesome resource for suggestions in the past, so I am trying here again!

I don't have that many important factors.

- I don't mind perfumes as long as it's not an unpleasant smell, but I am not too worried about my face smelling like a rosebush or just like a human face.

- I don't have very many skin sensitivities.

- After hearing about the fish, I don't want anything with "microbeads" or "scrubber" whatevers -- I will do the cleansing action with my own hands.
    (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_6788522.html is just one example I could find)

- Would really prefer it not be from a brand that tests on animals, though I understand that this makes it much tougher to make recommendations out of a Shoppers Drug Mart array.

- Good for regular skin: won't leave me oily or flaking. Some spot control would be nice, blackhead, deep-cleansing, these things I like.

- AFFORDABLE.

BONUS: Suitable for use by any gender, so a neutral or absent fragrance.

What are your favourites?

Failing this, does anybody DIY their own cleanser, and have a reliable recipe for it?

Thank you in advance!
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Last edited by bullet tooth; Wed, Apr 27th, 2016 at 12:02 PM.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I use Effaclar gel cleanser. Ok not the cheapest, but one bottle lasts a long time, plus you can wait until you have enough points at SDM to buy it. For me, it works great.
    bullet tooth likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I use Monsia Skincare. One of the ingredients in this product line is jojoba esters and based on this I use jojoba oil as an additional cleanser when I use make up, especially eyeliner & mascara (I buy it off amazon, uk, but I am sure you can find it in any drugstore in the US or on amazon) . I drop the jojoba oil on to a bud and gently wipe the mascara and eyeliner off. I then put a few drops on my face and gently smooth it all over my neck & face then tissue off, rinse with cool water. For me this is a very simple additional cleanser but I do follow it up with my Monsia toner. You can use whatever toner you prefer.
    Last edited by AddyB; Thu, Apr 28th, 2016 at 07:19 AM. Reason: bad grammar!
    bullet tooth likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

With summer on the way here in the UK I have made a sunscreen with coconut oil, beeswax granules, shea butter and zinc oxide powder SPF30 I am told. I based this sunscreen around shea butter because I know that my skin likes it (as in the Monsia Skincare products that I use). Happy to share the recipe, just PM me.

Have a good week.

25th November
    Decided against making a sunscreen because I have found one on amazon.co.uk that is soooo cheap & good - Shade sunscreen with SPF25 & it works just great.
    Last edited by AddyB; Fri, Nov 25th, 2016 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Decided against DIY sunscreen
    bullet tooth likes this.

Thread Information