User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree134Likes

Thread: Ma Bell...you ARE a Muther!! argh!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I hope the title does not offend too many, but I wanted to vent a bit. Received an email the other day from Bell letting us know they will be coming to pry our wallets open a bit more starting June 1st, 2016 for various TV services.
    Seems like 1 step forward 2 steps back for us as the Loyalty Dept recently secured some savings for us after we complained of the most recent increase to both tv and phone.
    I have no idea what will stay the same on our bill now and what will change.....must call again and go through it all line by line I guess.

Attached Images Attached Images    
    This thread is currently associated with: Bell, Guess

babies teach us acceptance

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ughhh I can't tell you how many times this company has raised prices ! It's insane. In the past 3 years my bill has gone up by A LOT. They are tricky. They give you "discounts" but then raise the prices !

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

walker, the best day for me was the day i told bell to stick their services where the sun don't shine
    we went with cogeco for internet and telephone and are with shaw for tv
    the only thing that would make me happier is if shaw would expand the rest of their services to ontario
    sadly, they are only in the west, lucky to have tv from them, i guess

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

They have an awfully long opening in the email, sounds like they are whining about all the poopy costs of doing business. poor souls.

We dumped our cable 2 years ago to go OTA and have not looked back. A bajillion channels, and I was only watching CBC, TVO and PBS anyways
    Ciel, GoJays, walkonby and 4 others like this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Bell is annoying AF. Equally annoying to Rogers. My Bell bill is never consistent, they always sneak random things into the bill. I call it bitterness because somehow last year I got a sweet deal on unlimited internet for super cheap. Yeah they never offered that again!

I`ve said it before on here, Netflix for shows , koodo for cellphone.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

walkonby, reading between the lines in theh first paragraph of Bell's 'explanation', I can translate,
    "Because the CRTC made us do Pick and Pay, we are going to get the money back somehow. So, you are on the list to make up for Pick and Pay legislation."
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Tue, Apr 26th, 2016 at 06:48 PM.
    anisa, Thumpersmom, Ciel and 8 others like this.

I <3 SmartCanucks. Momof3girlies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Yup, Bell and Rogers suck A$$!! Their customer service is bad, no one takes notes even when you ask them to put notes into your account. Don't waste your time nor energy with those companies.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes, I don't like Bell esp cell phone services they going up paying nearly forty dollars
    Ciel and toronto166 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Had both bell and rogers and after lot and lot of frustration I changed to Primus I am happier than before
    Ciel and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    walkonby, reading between the lines in theh first paragraph of Bell's 'explanation', I can translate,
    "Because the CRTC made us do Pick and Pay, we are going to get the money back somehow. So, you are on the list to make up for Pick and Pay legislation."
    Brilliant observation!
    Ciel, walkonby, Shwa Girl and 1 others like this.
    I can't profess to understand God's plan. Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Funny how Bell can be so hated and yet they still get business. I remember being a student and they had a monopoly on all the student residence lines. We had to rent the phone from them, pay their rate, long distance fees, ... Every so often, they would unfairly charge random students an extra dollar on their bill for who knows what. Then if the student noticed, he/she would have to call in and get it reversed.

How are they one of the only companies that have a loyalty department to try and keep the irate customers they have? Or the secret department one step above loyalty that claim access to have better deals than anyone else in the company can see?

Oh the most satisfying call ever was the one Bell rep who phoned after we cancelled to ask what they could do to salvage the business. I told the rep it wasn't personal, and it was just the company he worked for, but basically don't increase fees every three months for either phone/internet/cable and treat your customers like a cash cow. Then to even call in to complain, the 45+ minute wait times are not realistic. When they do give credits, they don't refund the tax amount either. DH suspects the phone wait times are so long to make you hang up and give in.

I had a cellphone with Bell where you had to pre-pay one month in advance or $50. They would credit this amount to your "other" Bell accounts when you cancelled. Well I did, but it couldn't be transferred because the phone was in DH's name. So, in their words, they just took the $50 to "zero" the account. In any other business, that's considered theft!

Yes, they will always hand out discounts and credits while on the phone with you. Then with their fingers, they're typing out your next notification of a bill increase. That's always been the case with our "credits and special offers".

As soon as DH says we can give up our $45 phone line with Bhell, I am not looking back!
    anisa, Ciel, GoJays and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

yep, change in legislation makes them find the money other ways. Same has happened with the change to 2 year from 3 year cell plans, now they are just more expensive. dropped cable about 3 years ago and don't miss it.
    Ciel, walkonby and toronto166 like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    oh yes!! you said it @Shwa Girl . Poor, poor Bell......the nasty CRTC made us do this.
    Ciel, Shwa Girl and toronto166 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

We live in a Cogeco area & they are not much better, but after yearly increases we ditched the Cogeco phone and went to OOMA. We pay 4.50 a month for a home line (still have kids without cell phones) & with Cogeco they had jacked us up to 45.00 over times.
    anisa, Ciel, walkonby and 1 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There are three topics that take me out of my normal Zen like state and drive me absolutely over the edge: phone/cable providers, Ontario Hydro and insurance. I'm getting riled up just thinking about it!

My ex use to work for one of the big two phone/cable providers ... blew me away when I had to get set up with my own service and somehow they got me a deal where I was paying basically what he had paid for years (after his employee discount!). Not that I'm complaining about my deal but that's a sad statement if your employees are getting screwed over too. Same thing though...you'd watch that bill change every once in a while if you weren't following the fine print.

Have been seriously thinking about dropping cable completely but I'm sure they'll pull the same trick as Hydro..."we have to raise the rates because you cut back and we aren't making enough". Rant over!
    anisa, Thumpersmom, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information